kzro_smalltemple

Started by faker mapper
01/11/2007 02:26
Read-Only
Page 1 of 1
faker mapper01/11/2007 02:26

Status: Accepted

Release: As soon as possible.

Other: -

faker mapper01/11/2007 19:12

The final version you uploaded today (with the shortcut fixes) differes a lot from the version we tested.

You used invisible walls to block obvious shortcuts and thats a lame methode of blocking shortcuts and is considered as bad architecture within the mapteam, which is a definitely a big minus for the votes.

It might change several votes from yes to no, so I guess we have to put the map up for voting again, or you'll agree with removing that stuff (invisble walls) again and release the map the way it was before.

Ur choice... Please tell us what to do


[ Edited 11/01/07 - 19:13:30 ]

tripl_ecks mapper02/11/2007 13:03

im sorry about the invisible wall, i didn't know it will create so many trouble.
is it okay if i remove the invisible wall and find another way to remove that shortcut ??
ex: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5776/68441706ju6.png
i really want to remove that shortcut, i dont like it because its very very very easy.

FragMcCracken mapper02/11/2007 13:04

pls add some signs, cuz its uberhard to find the way imo

faker mapper02/11/2007 15:55

Hey again,

thanks for your fast answer. I think raising the block will be the best option by far.

About the signs... Well I personally had no troubles with finding the right way and I liked it that way (when you have to search a bit for the right way). And since u didn't remove signs since the tested version I guess there is no change needed here.
[ Edited 11/02/07 - 15:55:45 ]

s0liD mapper02/11/2007 16:00

Well, I didnt find the end timer so I guess some signs could be pretty cool..

faker mapper02/11/2007 22:37

Nice changes on the new version, but one jump seems to be impossible?

http://home.arcor.de/thafak0r/kzro_smalltemple0000.jpg

How are you supposed to do that one? :E

tripl_ecks mapper03/11/2007 08:01

i dont understand how its impossible, i didnt change this jump on the new version. i did it about 4 time on a row and i am a noob (my lj is 230). the sings arent there just to guide u, they also help u at the jump.

demo: http://files.filefront.com/ecksrar/;8952248;/fileinfo.html

image: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2851/kzrosmalltempleoc9.jpg
[ Edited 11/03/07 - 08:05:57 ]

raver mapper03/11/2007 09:08

lel, thats a weird way to make jumps. Just like you made a wall transparant. People thing that you fall trew it. Maby you should make a kz_space look a like thiny there. And only 1 circle of block. So its a bit of a challenge to
[ Edited 11/03/07 - 09:09:31 ]

faker mapper03/11/2007 14:53

i dont understand how its impossible, i didnt change this jump on the new version.

tripl_ecks


Well, I never went this way when I tested the map before. Always used some of the shortcuts that skipped this part ^^


i did it about 4 time on a row and i am a noob (my lj is 230). the sings arent there just to guide u, they also help u at the jump.

demo: http://files.filefront.com/ecksrar/;8952248;/fileinfo.html

image: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2851/kzrosmalltempleoc9.jpg

tripl_ecks



lol, I didn't even think about you can run on that sign... because it's uber unrealistic (how could you run on a invisible ground/sign with arrows?)...

I guess it would be MUCH more obvious if you made the sign to a normal stone ^^


[ Edited 11/03/07 - 15:56:24 ]

Page 1 of 1