Two Questions.
Hello y'all
I kinda new to mapping so these may be very simple, or not.
okay, first one:
I wanted to do a bhop part in my map, so I made the plataforms (start, end and some in the middle so you can stop), and the bhop blocks (func_door).
I compiled and tested, it was perfect but I needed to make the teleports, so when you fall you go back to the plataform behind.
I went back to Hammer, and placed the teleporters (trigger_teleport), all a little above the floor, and the info_teleport_destination at the plataforms.
Then I compiled with no errors, and when I was going to test in the cs, I got this Fatal Error:
"bad surface extents 592/0 at position (320, 896, 112)"
Dont know what to do now..
And Second:
I think this one is easy..
some of the walls of the map have strange lighting like this:
http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strangelightgi4.jpg
and when I turn on the flashlight, it goes to normal, even if I turn off the flashlight stays normal after that.
I use a light_environment 255 255 255 200
So thats it.. need some help over here :P
Thanks in advance!
[ Edited ]
give the info_teleport_destination by name: something like a name.
and the trigger_teleport give him the same name on target! then it works.
the bad surfae extents were ask several times in the forum
um, i think its Info_target, not Info_teleport_destination.
and besure that you got all the CAPITAL letter right, they are little bastards
dEMolite I did that, but this wasnt the problem, I'll try to remake the teleports and stuff cause I have a backup version without the teleports..
And what about the second question, anyone got answers ?
LAWL lightsbugs :[
Compil with others zhlt.
(zoner half life tool : bsp.exe, rad.exe, vis.exeand csg.exe)
http://zhlt.info/download-zhlt.html
(32bits : winXP, 64bits : vista)
Unzip the last version where you want, and re-config "build programs" in hammers's options.
8ball1, I am already using zhlt to compile
so any sugestions on how to fix ?
[ Edited 12/01/07 - 21:47:09 ]
they are a lot of zhlt versions. I just mean, is better to use a rescent version, and dont get lights bugs :x
I checked at the website and I'm already using the last version (zhlt34x86final)
anything I can do on the map, so dont get lightbugs?
sorry for the trouble..
[ Edited 12/01/07 - 22:13:49 ]
3.4 is full with bugs take 3.3 or 3.2
damn.. I didnt know that..
Thanks dEMo
which one should I use? 3.3 or 3.2 ?
Try yourself. iam using newest and dont have any lightbugs :)
The second problem, it may be the grapihs driver, i have the same problem, sometimes the textures are messed up, sometimes not. But that lightbugs looks exactly the same as it does for me. Try use older graphics drivers :)
[ Edited 12/11/07 - 09:49:40 ]
The second problem, it may be the grapihs driver, i have the same problem, sometimes the textures are messed up, sometimes not. But that lightbugs looks exactly the same as it does for me. Try use older graphics drivers :)
If u have an Nvidia-card and have performance settings activated u get those bugs too
sorry for the date, I was away from the community some time
Oooh, so that must be it.. mine is set to performance all the way! and all that buffering, texture filtering stuff is off.............
So pf0llz0r, it does have the lightbugs cause I compiled it with those settings, or Im the only one seeing it cause Im using those settings?
get my point?
Does it make a diference if I compile the map with performance or quality settings?
or is it just the way I play the map that changes all..
Please log in to post replies.