Logitech G5 Scroll Wheel Problem

Started by Supa
02/12/2007 20:21
Page 1 of 1
Supa02/12/2007 20:21

Read Here:
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=hardware_mice&message.id=326


So basically logitech engineers suck :mad:

Mehz02/12/2007 20:40

my scroll is fine :E

PaPuS02/12/2007 20:49

My G5 scroll is fine, not one problem,.. :E

[ Edited 12/02/07 - 20:50:30 ]

fuzzerd02/12/2007 22:20

I noticed my scroll wheel was messed up since the second day I got it. almost everyone I know who has a g5 has complained about the scroll being "weird"

drewbie mapper03/12/2007 03:03

i had logitech g5 the new version and the mwheel screwed up so i returned it and got the old OG g5 which is awesome :)

Supa03/12/2007 04:42

hmm well i have the one with no forward button...

fuzzerd03/12/2007 05:03

none of the G5s have a forward button to my understanding.

Supa31/12/2007 19:07

"OK, i registered just to state this:
i've had this mouse four over a year and a half. I did notice the scroll wheel problem soon after i bought it, and god was it annoying. What i did was uninstall the setpoint software. I reverted to the default windows drivers that are installed immediately after plugging the mouse in. This solved the problem!
The scroll wheel has been perfect for the last year and a half. I am reminded again of this issue, as i bought a logitech mx revolution mouse and it installed the G5 as well, and the **bleep** scroll wheel started acting up again. I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but i swear by it. Use the default drivers, Don't install the logitech drivers, and all will be well. I do realize that then you won't be able to setup any custom mouse configurations via the logitech software, but that is fine by me. The 3 speeds of the mouse work fine. I always have it at the fastest speed. Don't fret from buying one! I will swear that a driver issue can fix this, but apparently logitech still hasn't been able to fix this after a year and a half of owning this mouse. My experience with it has been perfect, with the default microsoft windows drivers."

I might tRY!

stask0 Tournament #231/12/2007 23:42

ahhh i have a problem with my scroll but im using A4tech x750-f when i jump (mwheelup) some times it's ducking .. and when i duck (mwheeldown) it's jumping if some1 know's how can i fix that to help :o

H.o.r.s.t.01/01/2008 02:35

I would never buy a G5. Its unnecessarily expensive and the mx518 has a even better design. ;) I'm happy with my mx510 I bought years ago.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.