ihop_jungletemple

Started by Juhmp
12/12/2007 22:59
Read-Only
Page 1 of 1
Juhmp12/12/2007 22:59

Status: Denied

Reason:

- BUGS, BUGS, BUGS! #1, Transparent?, Texture, Not true blue, Blue, Vertex at start.

Suggestions:

- Fix all the bugs, go through and make sure you can't find any more (lot of possible vertex bugs), maybe make the "path" a little easier to find in some parts, and try to increase the fps in some of the larger areas. Then, re-submit :D

Other:

- Fun map, just needs more work and some more detail.

FLR13/12/2007 01:51

I don't really get it. The water is meant not to be transparent. The sign was meant to stick out from the "croud". The vertex at start is the only vertex bug i could find on the whole map.

But I will try to get these bugs fixed. And I will try to get the FPS better, but I can't promise anything about the FPS, cuz I've optimised like everything I could find.

Is there anything else that I should fix?
About the detail, what more could you ask for? I was going to add some sound to the map, but I haven't got time to do it yet. And if i put another model in the map, it won't load :S (any solution for that?) The texture bug is the "maximum distance to see, or whatever its called. And the plants on the temple will be changed.

Give me the cristmas holiday, and then you have the final(?) version of the map.

I didn't mean to sound impolite with this post, hope you guys don't take it that way.

Ic3cLiMbeR-13/12/2007 01:51

More work? -.-
Btw, we have checked very much, could you possible personally show me does "BUGS!"? :)
should be exciting to see what "kind of things" (small details which doesn't harm the climbingexperience?) that steal the "custom title" from the map.
show me exactly everything that is wrong with the map in your opinion..
And now this; -"make the path a little easier to find in someparts"
why should a map be easy?
couldn't you find to the temple, juhmp? :O (just asking, no offense)
Please, take a look @ kz_man_dimensions or what the name is..
In the 3D-Duck-Maze @ dimensions, it's not so easy.
And that map have kreedz done..
It's not hard to find..
look at many accepted maps how hard it is to find at them..
take for an example kz_icemountain <--- easy to find in the cave/mine?
It's totally dark.

Your argument isn't so stable, imo.
(I could maybe change my opinion if you show me what kinds of "BUGS!" you've found!)

EDIT: A map is not meant to be Übereasy to complete.
this map is not hard, and the blocks is not small.


[ Edited 12/13/07 - 02:03:04 ]

Ic3cLiMbeR-13/12/2007 02:06

and actually we have used 3D-Mike's jungle textures (yes without asking what a disaster, sry Mikey)
and that fishing sign is just so lol that you use as a argument as a "bug" it is MEANT to be like that, have you ever heard of a NEON-sign? -.-

clair mapper13/12/2007 02:16

about the transparency part, i think the liquid in the picture is meant to be thick, and not possible to see through. keeping the liquid that way also helps the fps.

Pf0llz0r mapper13/12/2007 07:40

More work? -.-
Btw, we have checked very much, could you possible personally show me does "BUGS!"? :)
should be exciting to see what "kind of things" (small details which doesn't harm the climbingexperience?) that steal the "custom title" from the map.
show me exactly everything that is wrong with the map in your opinion..
And now this; -"make the path a little easier to find in someparts"
why should a map be easy?
couldn't you find to the temple, juhmp? :O (just asking, no offense)
Please, take a look @ kz_man_dimensions or what the name is..
In the 3D-Duck-Maze @ dimensions, it's not so easy.
And that map have kreedz done..
It's not hard to find..
look at many accepted maps how hard it is to find at them..
take for an example kz_icemountain <--- easy to find in the cave/mine?
It's totally dark.

Your argument isn't so stable, imo.
(I could maybe change my opinion if you show me what kinds of "BUGS!" you've found!)

EDIT: A map is not meant to be Übereasy to complete.
this map is not hard, and the blocks is not small.


Ic3cLiMbeR-


U do know that the maps u have as examples are freakin old, If ur gonna compare with other kz-maps u can start of with the newest maps.

And u can whine all u want cuz the decision about this map is already made.


I don't really get it. The water is meant not to be transparent. The sign was meant to stick out from the "croud". The vertex at start is the only vertex bug i could find on the whole map.

But I will try to get these bugs fixed. And I will try to get the FPS better, but I can't promise anything about the FPS, cuz I've optimised like everything I could find.

Is there anything else that I should fix?
About the detail, what more could you ask for? I was going to add some sound to the map, but I haven't got time to do it yet. And if i put another model in the map, it won't load :S (any solution for that?) The texture bug is the "maximum distance to see, or whatever its called. And the plants on the temple will be changed.

FLR


U can change the view-distance uknow =)
[ Edited 12/13/07 - 07:53:28 ]

FLR13/12/2007 13:23

Yes I know that I can change the view-distance :)
But what about the "model" problem? Is it because of too many vertexes?

Ic3cLiMbeR-13/12/2007 16:42

Pf0llz0r;
dimensions, yes.
kz_icemountain, no.
i don't care if they are old..
this is new and it's better than the old wallbugg low fps volcano..
how many maps isn't more worse than this? <-- and still is accepted, not deneid.

exactly what kind of rules do you go on when you shall check an submitted map? is it easier to get a kz_tag if you are friend with map admins? -.-
if i've got it clearly a map must have sounds and be beautiful to get kz_tag, howcome kz_xj_mountez have kz_tag? it's more simple than our map.. and not as old as 6fd_volcano.. just because someone from xj does it (could even be more worse) it automatically get kz_ tag..
this community should be more justice, imo.
since it's the "Official kreez community" it shouldn't be like this..
[ Edited 12/13/07 - 16:48:05 ]

Mehz13/12/2007 17:06

Pf0llz0r;
dimensions, yes.
kz_icemountain, no.
i don't care if they are old..
this is new and it's better than the old wallbugg low fps volcano..
how many maps isn't more worse than this? <-- and still is accepted, not deneid.

exactly what kind of rules do you go on when you shall check an submitted map? is it easier to get a kz_tag if you are friend with map admins? -.-
if i've got it clearly a map must have sounds and be beautiful to get kz_tag, howcome kz_xj_mountez have kz_tag? it's more simple than our map.. and not as old as 6fd_volcano.. just because someone from xj does it (could even be more worse) it automatically get kz_ tag..
this community should be more justice, imo.
since it's the "Official kreez community" it shouldn't be like this..

Ic3cLiMbeR-


Ignorance.

How dare you even compare kz_xj_mountez to the maps/mappers these days.
Mappers have gotten better, so the kz_ tag needs higher requirements, deal with it!

And saying it automatically gets kz_ tag because someone on the crew made it just proves even more that you are ignorant.

Stop fucking complaining and deal with it. Fix those bugs and it will probably get a kz/custom tag.
[ Edited 12/13/07 - 17:07:31 ]
[ Edited 12/13/07 - 17:47:12 ]
[ Edited 12/13/07 - 17:47:30 ]

faker mapper13/12/2007 17:16


this community should be more justice, imo.
since it's the "Official kreez community" it shouldn't be like this..

Ic3cLiMbeR-


Well, first of all... Comparing your map to old maps is pointless. kz_6fd_volcano was made in a time when Kreedz was still active, so he was the only one to judge if a map got the kz_ tag or not, because kz_ maps were his idea and he was the fucking god of the kz community.

2. kz_xj_mountez wasn't accepted by XJ, it was either Kreedz or the old kzmaps team who accepted the map and made it officiall (kz_'ed). It's a very old map, too, but a lot of people love it. Just check public servers and you will see that that all people love it (because almost everyone can beat it, and it's still hard for pros to get a perfect run with all bhops... that was unique and FikoN did a great job placing the jumps etc), so u shouldnt use this map to show us that other "bad" maps got accepted.

3. "Justice": In former times there was one man, deciding if the maps got the kz_ tag or not (maybe he was testing the maps with some friends, but in the end it was his decisions)... Kreedz.

Now there is a whole team, atm 14 people, who are checking the maps regarding different aspects (texture, architecture, jumps, idea/concept, bugs, overall appearance). Every decision about every single map is accepted or denied by a full majority. Those admins are chosen by activity, achievement and behaviour, everybody has the same chances. Of course those people are "known" because by being active around the community, helping people, making maps, breaking records, you make yourself a (good) name. That doesn't mean you have to be friends with the admins to get ur map accepted or join the team. Sometimes we choose some unknown people, too, to have a "representative" of the average jumpers...

I guess Fire and Juhmp hasn't been that active on XJ before they came admins, and both turned out as great admins.

W/e...

About your map/situation:

Do you really think you're objective about your map? I know the situation, when it comes to your own work the mapper/maker is probably the last person to admit that his work is nothing special/good. This is a logical process, because you've spend a lot of time and efforts to come to an conclusion. And probably you are right, there are some worse (old) maps that got accepted in the history of kz_, and your map is better than this.

But you have to face the truth... your map is nothing special and therefore it got denied by the majority of the mapadmins. We have a lot of kz_ maps yet, and we don't need more average jumpmaps... The mapadmins are representing the community. Feel free to post your map in the chatbox, forum and where-ever you want... I'll gurantee you that more than 50% of the people won't fall in love your map if they are honest enough to admit it.

Thats my point of view..

Sorry for mistakes in the text, took me long enough to write this text, I won't bother to scan for mistakes


[ Edited 12/13/07 - 19:06:11 ]

colix mapper13/12/2007 18:56

faker and Mehz r ABSOLUTELY RIGHT
btw, ur very dumb iceclimber, sorry :)

Juhmp13/12/2007 19:30

1st warning for colix: Spamming and flaming

Next warning -> 1 week ban

Ic3cLiMbeR-13/12/2007 20:45

wise words faker, i'm impresed.
but think it this way. "14 mapadmins < all climbers"
it means 14 ppl maybe not like it, but almost every other do..
And how could we know that if we not try? =/
i don't think so many download denied maps..
but if it would be some ftp with only denied maps, i should download all and play them, actually i think (i mean REALLY THINK) that they are more fun than accepted maps.. i haven't compare j-temple to volcano, i didn't say that. but i have compared it to mountez.. and if all publics played jungletemple.. people might like it? (maybe)
but that is no chance to happen cuz it's just kz monkeys that plays both denied and accepted maps.. and that makes kzmonkeys so successfull..
to flr_bhopvoxx.bsp you said NO, but bkz_goldbhop you said YES. I dont get it. WHAT is so special with bkz_goldbhop? in my opinion it's just square-cube blocks and straight forward, turn forward, turn whole map.. bhopvoxx is more like an adventure..
and this is the same..
this map is an adventure while blockmaps is just blocklevels until you reach the top.

that's why i don't get it why you are make maps denied when it is so much time behind the details..
in a blocklevel it's not the same if it is denied.

yes colix i'm dumb directly when i open my mouth..-.-
what kind of democracy do you have in your country? :/
maybe ppl is not right to tell ther opinions.. -.-
well we fix the shit that is wrong on your pictures.. then accept? at least custom.. -.-
so we can se what other ppl think..

Pf0llz0r mapper13/12/2007 21:06

Whats ur fucking problem Ic3cLiMbeR-, u cant be serious when u compare new maps with old ones,
MAPPERS GETS MORE EXPERIENCED!!

More experience = Better maps = Higher requirements for kz_

Ur posts are pointless and ur only making a fool out of urself so please just shut the fuck up cuz none are listening to u when ur talking crap, if u were comparing with the maps thats released today it would be fine but now its only stupid.

And we in the mapcheck team tell u these bugs and such so u can fix them. What would u prefer:

1. A map that are accepted even if it have bugs
2. A map that are denied, get fixed and then accepted.

We dont deny maps for fun, we do it because we want good maps in our community and not half-ass maps with bugs (not saying that jungletemple is a bad map but it will be ALOT better if some things are fixed)

sry for my language/sloppy english

FLR15/12/2007 01:31

Can I just say something?
Did I sound like a "bad" person when I wrote my comment? Cuz it feels like you guys push me and ice over the same edge. I don't know, but it feels like that. I never said anything about the old maps, I know they've got accepted as KZ along time ago, and that the maps get better by the time.

I will fix those bugs u guys showed in the pictures, and then I will re-submit. I will try to add sound and some more models to it. Maybe some triggered sound, if I have time to do it.

But don't say it suck(?), cuz i rly don't think its that bad. peace

Oh, and does someone have an answer for the problem I have?
That the map won't load if I put another model in it? Cuz that would rly help the map become more close to a custom/kz map?

And I can't see that the FPS is that bad in any picture you've guys posted? Could you please tell me where it is bad?

[ Edited 12/15/07 - 01:38:17 ]

Mehz15/12/2007 11:01

We weren't talking to you FLR (Atleast I didn't).

IceClimber obviously can't take the fact that even if the map is uberfun to play and looks really good, it can have bugs, that the mapping team would rather see fixed before making it custom or kz_.
[ Edited 12/15/07 - 11:02:13 ]

Juhmp15/12/2007 16:55

thread doesn't need to go on any longer

we look forward to your re-submission iceclimber and flr :D

Page 1 of 1