Map error

Started by raver mapper
13/12/2007 00:23
Page 1 of 1
raver mapper13/12/2007 00:23

Compile is oke, no error log. No errors in Hammer. .. the log file looks oke. Only warning thay my textures are to big.

Cs startup > New game > mymap > cs shuts down .. error:
http://nuuk.nl/a/err0r.jpg

Whats the problem? I have 1 huge solid block. When I remove it its oke. How can I resolve this?

raver mapper14/12/2007 11:41

somebody? :(

colix mapper14/12/2007 11:54

i suggest u to look for the error on some error site ;)

raver mapper14/12/2007 11:56

Nope, I cant google it or find it on a error page

acidburn14/12/2007 11:59

What is so special about the block? Write down everything that is extraordinary.

Seems to me that it has something to do with a model. Is there a model in your map?

Edit: The error originates from the file model.c (http://www.untitled-game.org/source/modelc.html), thence my guess.

/*
===============
Mod_PointInLeaf
===============
*/
mleaf_t *Mod_PointInLeaf (vec3_t p, model_t *model)
{
mnode_t *node;
float d;
mplane_t *plane;

if (!model || !model->nodes)
Sys_Error ("Mod_PointInLeaf: bad model");


It looks like the error is thrown when the function is called and there is no model or the model has no nodes. Whatever this means. :D

I would say you copy/paste your entire map into a totally new map file and try again.

[ Edited 12/14/07 - 12:06:07 ]

raver mapper14/12/2007 12:05

No, just a huge block
http://nuuk.nl/a/pie.jpg

acidburn15/12/2007 17:41

So how is it hanging? :D Problem solved yet?

Have you tried this: I would say you copy/paste your entire map into a totally new map file and try again.

XaSer mapper Tournament #215/12/2007 18:11

you got no light, sky, spawnpoints. And your block might have to many faces
[ Edited 12/15/07 - 18:12:38 ]

raver mapper15/12/2007 21:29

you got no light, sky, spawnpoints. And your block might have to many faces

XaSer


dude im not stuphid ... But its already fixed

acidburn15/12/2007 22:03

Then maybe you could post your solution and help others who will have the same problem in the future. ;)

raver mapper15/12/2007 22:15

redone the map

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.