Prestrafe

Started by wRath` mapper
30/12/2007 21:30
Page 1 of 1
wRath` mapper30/12/2007 21:30

When it comes to longjumping, I think that the prestrafe is where I am lacking. I do a really easy prestrafe. Just run straight forward look to my left and strafe back to the right. That's it. But all the good guys use these funny prestrafes, how exactly do you do that? Are there any prestrafe guides out there? Is the prestrafe important at all?

Thanks for informative answers.

Bibo30/12/2007 22:47

doesnt matter.. as long as u get a movement speed lookin like cl_yawspeed 118 ish.. youll get the perfect speed, now all u need is a big 1st strafe.. thats probably what ur missing..
the thing before the prestrafe is just a style or something like that..

Dogos^31/12/2007 00:28

anyway i think he doesn't know how to pre strafe at all.. so here is a guide that can help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIVm0J7qnRM
and yes prestrafe is really important.. but is not that hard.. just practice

wRath` mapper31/12/2007 00:56(edited 31/12/2007 00:58)

What do you mean? Looking like cl_yawspeed 118?

I can do a prestrafe, it's just that I'm not doing it like many other people do.

Bibo, is the first strafe the one in the prestrafe or the next?


And btw Bibo, if you read this, could you do all the jumps in my inferno-thread an record it? If you don't mind.

Bibo31/12/2007 01:39

if your using your movement key (not strafing key) to the left, and you have cl_Yawspeed 118, well if your going forward youll have a perfect prestrafe pretty much.. thats why it has to be similar..

the first strafe is the one when you jump.. theres no strafe in the prestrafe..

maybe ill try ur jumps but i dont play cs anymore so if i have time maybe i will

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.