Map rating.

Started by s0liD mapper
01/01/2008 12:34
Page 1 of 2
s0liD mapper01/01/2008 12:34(edited 01/01/2008 12:36)

Well Im not just speaking for my personal suggestion but for every mappers hard work. Im sure you will agree with me that the map rating is pretty bad and just wrong. A random guy that doesnt know a shit about the map maybe didnt even played .. or the dude that doesnt like you just gives your map a 1/10 rating well I suggest a stop to this.

Making something like : You have to post a comment with your rating So the mapper will know who and why did rated it so low. Also the spam post like ( example ) s0liD : thissssssssss maaaaaaaap suxxxxxx 1/10 will be deleted and the person will be warned for spamming or maybe something like this .. s0liD : sssssss 4/10.. you know what i mean by this Its a really good suggestion I think for us mappers.. IF you wanna rate a map rate it with loyalty and dont fucking ruin somebodys attitude towards mapping by this

Peace out

NumB01/01/2008 12:56

It shold be ezer & better 2 do smt like meny rates & then calculate total, cuz viewing new comment 4 each map rate is crazy (like viewing all forum posts & delete uber old spawns).

E.x. of 1 rate:


Jump ideas: 6
Style: 8
Textures: 9
Fps: 5
Challange: 7
Other: 7

Total: 7


(6+8+9+5+7+7)/6=7


Plus then it wold help you mappers, cuz then you'll know your problems by rates insted of reading evry comment. =)

It realy wold be better, cuz then ppl like me won't rate maps like kzno_xtremeblock 1/10, cuz of uber low fps & cuz it's created not 4 me (not 4 my skills I mean). Cuz then we will see other things, thet cold be good.


P.S. Don't kill me 4 rating kzno_xtremeblock 1/10 btw (if there only wold be 0/10...), but I realy hate it.

s0liD mapper01/01/2008 13:02

ye you got a point here numb but maps arent rated that much like 100 rates on one map

NumB01/01/2008 14:05(edited 01/01/2008 14:09)

Then there is a solution, but is a bit stupid:

Downloaded a map... In some time you want 2 download an other map, but xj won't let you download it unitl, you'll rate your previous download & will redirect you there when you'll press download with msg like "before downloading an other map, rate your previous download".

It's stupid, but I think it's crazy enoth 2 work.

//Edit:
If rates will be like this & meny ppl will rate maps - maps will get better, cuz mappers will know there mistakes/bugs & will make better maps. (enable smyles btw, so ppl cold show there emitions) skype (wait) smyle.

s0liD mapper01/01/2008 14:27

Ye exactly!

Fact or Fiction01/01/2008 16:04

I agree, cause I get bored by viewing stupid ratings. I'd love to see smth like new rating system.

to Numb: solution is good, but not so good as from first look. For instance, when I'm dowloading some maps, I'm gonna download several maps, not only one. And then gonna check them. So it's not so good to don't let me to download other maps unless I'll vote/rate/post comment/or smth.

NumB02/01/2008 03:56(edited 02/01/2008 04:02)

Hmm. Then maybe a choise: rate now (will recirect you), rate l8ter (you'll see this msg when trying 2 download an other map, but now you'll download your requested map). & make smt in "user settings" like "your rated/not rated maps", so you cold go 2 map rate/download link fast. =P

Btw there shold be an optio 2 rerate map, cuz maybe in some time you'll like/dislike it. =)

Murvelman02/01/2008 04:08

Perhaps the best thing would be to not have any ratings at all...

NumB02/01/2008 04:18

& maps will get worser & worser, like now...

puppetz mapper02/01/2008 14:35

It's always good with reasons(to why people rated like they did), but you shouldn't really take those ratings for anything.
I don't like NumB's ideas where you're "forced" to rate to download maps, etc. Then the ratings will not even count at all, since people would only rate to download another map.
Maybe there should be some kind of reporters that was hired to make reports of maps(might also be random people, with a decent English-skill, of course), where they go through some categories which were chosen by the admins, and finally end of with a character, e.g. 8/10 points. This would take a while to build up, but I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy writing this. And everyone could learn of reading these reports.

drewbie mapper02/01/2008 15:44

numb, your a complete idiot if you think the maps get worse because of the ratings, the ratings mean nothing after the maps been released, its down to the mapping admins to choose what map gets kz_ tag etc and whats good and whats isn't. not that i care :P more maps = better :P and yeah I'm probably one of the idiots rating maps 1/10 just because its funny <3 xj maps

NumB03/01/2008 03:08

@ PuppetZ^:
I mean when you press download there will a window apiear (smt like) "You didn't rate your previous downloaded map. Do you wan't 2 rate it now?". Pressing "Yes" you will be redirected 2 map rating, pressing "No" you will download your request.

@ drewbie:
So i'm an idiot, but somewhy I like more thows maps thet were released an year ago then now. This days I see in maps so meny bugs & problems, thet sometimes I even ask myself "What on earth am I doing here @ this piece of ****?". And there are no new maps obout what I cold say "Good fps + good jumps + good style.". So let me be an idiot, but I'll say, thet mappers are just creating maps & don't even wanna know why there previous map is so unpopular - they are just creating new 2 maybe understand where is the problem. With new rating system they will see faster where they are good & where they are bad, what will give result: better & popular maps. (skype (wait) smyle)

faker mapper03/01/2008 13:53(edited 03/01/2008 13:53)

You forget the tards in the community :)

I dunno if drewbie was serious about voting 1/10 just because it's fun to piss someone off, but I guess a lot of people actually do that.

Or they just vote 0 because they cant get 100 fps on their uber old computers.

Im almost 100% that won't change, even if we put up 10 different voting criterias, they would just vote 10x 0 ...

Just be proud of you work, and dont care about the votes lol

NumB04/01/2008 05:58

Somewhy i'm not sure thet evrybody votes 1/10 just cuz they want to piss the mapper. Most ppl makre real votes i think. But it's your choise anyway.

P.S. I still think it wold end in result of better map releases.

Fire04/01/2008 08:36

If we had time to check the votes on over 400 maps daily this would be a great suggestion.

FragMcCracken mapper04/01/2008 09:32

angie quitted mapping cuz on person voted 1/10 on all of her maps :(

sj04/01/2008 11:48

Originally posted by Murvelman
Perhaps the best thing would be to not have any ratings at all...

/signed
just remove the rating. they are 100% not representive.lets face it >95% of the user are here to dl the maps. most of those ppl dont know shit about mapping/jumping. those are the ppl who give a rating like faker said "ZOMFG only 50 fps" and give a 0 rating or they rate it 0 because its too hard, or they just rate it 0 to piss ppl off etc.
if the mappers need some serious opinions they should read the comments in the newspost or ask some friends / known people in the community that know what they are talking about and that give you an honest opinion of your map.

NeMiQ2204/01/2008 12:41

Originally posted by sj^
Originally posted by Murvelman
Perhaps the best thing would be to not have any ratings at all...

/signed
just remove the rating. they are 100% not representive.lets face it >95% of the user are here to dl the maps. most of those ppl dont know shit about mapping/jumping. those are the ppl who give a rating like faker said "ZOMFG only 50 fps" and give a 0 rating or they rate it 0 because its too hard, or they just rate it 0 to piss ppl off etc.
if the mappers need some serious opinions they should read the comments in the newspost or ask some friends / known people in the community that know what they are talking about and that give you an honest opinion of your map.

I 100% agree with you sj^

drewbie mapper04/01/2008 13:14

numb that isn't the point whether the maps are getting worse or better, the point is the votes wouldn't effect the maps getting better or worse AT ALL. rofl, votes mean nothing, probably best to get rid of them completely if people are going to cry over it. =]

s0liD mapper04/01/2008 16:25

haha numb the maps are getting worse and worse for you.. with your uber old pc omg its time to tweak it or buy one.. You think someone will make maps w/o details so you can play it with 100 fps hahaha

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.