How to boost during bunnyhop ?

Started by defrog
06/01/2008 23:04
Page 1 of 1
defrog06/01/2008 23:04

I can do the bunnyhop, and I've finished some bhop maps like 'kz_a2_bhop_corruo_ez'...

But those hard version bhop maps are too difficult for me, cauz' I can't get boost during bhop, and I can't also find any guides about this, so anyone can help me? thanks

FailED`06/01/2008 23:12

i think this should help

BooLiSH06/01/2008 23:16(edited 06/01/2008 23:17)

Hm..
There is a guide here in the forum

The principle of Standup-Bhops is that you duck while you are in the air and in the last moment when you nearly touched the ground you release duck and jump.
Just try it out..

I needed some time to learn them.. now i can do them but i still do something wrong, because i can't finish maps like exodus_hard...

defrog06/01/2008 23:43

thanks to Wheeler and BooLiSH :D

It seems you all mean the duck boost, right ?

Is it possible to use extra strafe boost in bhop ? cauz I saw some one did so(I thought they use strafe) in the record demos...
:)

cheche07/01/2008 00:13

Yes you can do multiple strafe to gain speed, but it's not enough when you do the hard bhops in maps like bn_tombbhop and bkz_goldbhop_v2. I used multiple strafes a lot before i learned the standup bhop, and if I remember right I have a demo where I do the halloween 'bhops' without any standup bhops.

GodXen07/01/2008 01:19

Originally posted by BooLiSH
Hm..
There is a guide here in the forum

The principle of Standup-Bhops is that you duck while you are in the air and in the last moment when you nearly touched the ground you release duck and jump.
Just try it out..

I needed some time to learn them.. now i can do them but i still do something wrong, because i can't finish maps like exodus_hard...


:/ now i dont understand what the difference between jump bug and Standup Bhops.
in jumpbug u also need duck in air and at the end of jump unduck and jump.. :/
its so confused :/

wRath` mapper07/01/2008 14:36

I use 3-4 strafes to gain speed. It works fine, but on Tombbhop it's really hard. I've almost made Exodus, I would have if the map wasn't changed :(

mucholote07/01/2008 17:34

Godxen: I can do neither of them like more than once a month.
But they're used for different things, the jump bug is used to not loose hp when you fall of big heights, not to bhop.
The standup is used to get more air in the bhop, so you reach those far places, so yes to bhop :p

eMTi07/01/2008 17:47(edited 07/01/2008 17:51)

standup bhops are mainly used when you slowed down after some bhops to gain speed again. of course good bhopers use standups all the time to keep going fast.

jump bug is something completely differnt.
you use that when u want to jump from i high object and dont want to loose any hp.
to do that, you have to jump from that object, duck and 4 (not sure may be 10, but not more) frames before you hit the ground you have to release duck and hit the jump key. Jump bug is VERY lucky, even the chance to do an edgebug is higher..

keep on practising standups.. very helpful for climbing and bhopping of cause... it needs a lot of time, but when u finally got the right feeling for it, it's just nice to use and fly through the maps (see zhady's owtcity demo) :)

clair mapper07/01/2008 19:55

i think the best way to think of standups, is if youre going up a slanted set of bhop that incline. when i heard what standups were, they were already easy because its the same technique you would use to go up inclined bhops. its like BooLisH said. try a map like kz_kzsca_sewerbhop if you want to practice that :)

mucholote07/01/2008 21:08

I was playing in kzm and someone said ( I think bibo) that when you standup you're more time in the air hence, you don't go as fast as you could with normal bhops. So maybe the standups should only be used from time, that's what I read at least.

wRath` mapper07/01/2008 21:57

Do you guys use MWHEEL for duck when doing it?
I actually do standups/duck-bhops at random times, when the blocks are higher.

FailED`07/01/2008 22:10(edited 07/01/2008 22:17)

el_ja if you were doing perfect bounces without slowdown (i dunno if its possible but as example its enough), it would make no odds if you were doing standup or normal, because max bhop speed is 120% of your weapon running speed (yes you could slow to exact 120% running speed just before each bounce but its kinda imp, it is possible to make script for that though) blablabla yes, its mostly better to do normal bhops becouse you can bounce better as you could find yourself

drake, you must hold duck until you get down for bounce so you gotta use normal button (didnt you watch that guide?)

mucholote08/01/2008 15:02

Thanks for the explanation wheeler.
And I use (or try to use) ctrl

defrog10/01/2008 19:40(edited 10/01/2008 19:40)

Thanks you guys for the explanation. Now I know that standup bhop is the answer.

Doing average bhop already makes me in a flurry. :D

I have to pay attention to the 'duck' key for standup bhop, it'll distract me to do the bhop, so it's a little difficult for me, hehe. I found that the moment when you released the 'duck' key was quite important. I was often stuck on the groud and it's frustrating :( ... How long does it take to practice to use standup bhop freely like those experts?

Is it inevitable to slow down when doing average bhop? I was wonderring that a perfect average bhop(without standup or multi strafes) won't make you slow down theoretically. Is that true?

FailED`10/01/2008 20:06

Originally posted by defrog
Thanks you guys for the explanation. Now I know that standup bhop is the answer.

Doing average bhop already makes me in a flurry. :D

I have to pay attention to the 'duck' key for standup bhop, it'll distract me to do the bhop, so it's a little difficult for me, hehe. I found that the moment when you released the 'duck' key was quite important. I was often stuck on the groud and it's frustrating :( ... How long does it take to practice to use standup bhop freely like those experts?

Is it inevitable to slow down when doing average bhop? I was wonderring that a perfect average bhop(without standup or multi strafes) won't make you slow down theoretically. Is that true?

well im not sure if its possible to bounce without slowdown, i dont think so, but im 100% sure its impossible to do perfect bounces with mwheel or even with script, you gotta strafe :) and it depends on you how much time can you practise, i think you can learn bhop well in 10 hours (when you can control your strafes but thats main point ;))

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.