Repeating problem.

Started by puppetz mapper
11/01/2008 17:52
Page 1 of 1
puppetz mapper11/01/2008 17:52

Hello mappers, I'm making my first KZ-map, started mapping here in December, so I guess I've got a lot to learn. :)
I already posted a thread with this problem before, but the thread got deleted 'cause of the "hacking-episode" ..
I've made a normal "valley" map with a sort of natural-looking floor, and some water .. This floor is made ONLY by using the clipping tool. When I place brushes certain places on it, I get some bug when I play my map, which isn't visible in Hammer, of some reason.
It looks like some kind of leak or so. But I don't get any errors in "Check map for errors" or in the compile log. I've tried replacing the brushes several times, but it never helps, if they touch the floor.
Pics: 1
2

Anyone have had this problem before? How did you fix it? What might be causing it? etc.
I guess it would be a good idea to re-create the floor, if I can't do anything about it, but other solutions would be good, before I do that.

Message me in IRC if you want to have a look at the .rmf file.

Distt11/01/2008 19:05

you forgot to make that func_water?

colix mapper11/01/2008 19:53

looks like some kind of null bug, would be nice to see how is the floor sliced up, but i guess remaking the whole floor would help fo sho :)

puppetz mapper11/01/2008 22:14

@xia: Did you look at my pictures?
@colix: Nullbug, I see .. I recreated the floor now, and it seems to work perfectly. I'm just very interested in knwoing why this happens, I can't understand it.
I uploaded the floor if you wanna take a look.

eiRa mapper12/01/2008 00:15

common problem really.. don't know the real reason why this happens... might be weird angles/bad brushwork even though it looks perfectly normal in hammer or just the compiler being funny..

DaMp mapper12/01/2008 01:23

some things in hammer u can't understand the best thing is to map carefully and good

colix mapper12/01/2008 10:37

ye as eiRa said it used to happen when u have weird brushes or strange angles and stuff like that :)

puppetz mapper12/01/2008 14:11

Ok, thanks for the answers guys. :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.