Tutorial: How to fix Wallbugs

Started by dEMolite mapper
07/03/2006 04:53
Page 1 of 1
dEMolite mapper07/03/2006 04:53

Hi guys.
I'm working on my new map screens are in the climbing forum. I found a littel secret about the half-life engine.

It seems so when you are mapping a rock with some smoothing edges the compiling to half-life made some mistakes. So on my rocks in the maps are 2-3 rocks with under 9° and you stuck a bit at the wall. I have more rocks above 9° and i don't stuck a bit in the wall. It seems so that the Compiler do some mistakes when a rock is vertix oder clipping under 90°.

I hope this helps every one to fix some wallbugs. I tell you more when i get more news about it.


[ Edited ]
[ Edited ]

AverageFreak07/03/2006 18:08

I got it,nice guide
still, I dont have that kind of probs,but who knows :D

[ Edited Mon May 08 2006, 09:43AM ]

SwiftSpear23/04/2006 12:49

Arg, I wish the NS forums were still up. The HL compiler has a bunch of finiky little glitches. During the compilation process all the brushes acctually blow up by about 1 unit. Practically this means some funny stuff can happen with angled brushes and if mapped certain ways they are much more likely to gitch.

Someone had written a fairly extensive tutorial on the NS forums about what exactly goes on with the compiler and how to fix it, but the forum is down now and I don't remember enough to repeat it from memory. You can also fairly drasticly reduce r_speeds with proper brush distribution techniques.

radon mapper Tournament #302/03/2007 22:27

maybe this can help u too. made a little screen where the average wallbugs appear. so u can see how to avoid them.

http://www.rad0n.dk/himmer.jpg
[ Edited Fri Mar 02 2007, 10:29PM ]

DaMp mapper21/03/2007 13:18

rad0n helped me with that screen :) thanks dude

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.