How to include models right

Started by DaMp mapper
28/01/2008 04:53
Page 1 of 1
DaMp mapper28/01/2008 04:53

that's a thing i've seen at many maps ... when u include a model with "cycler" u will have a small block which is bugging a bit and makes funny things with yor models (sometimes) Example: http://www.abload.de/img/1b0mou.jpg

u should better use cycler_sprite

http://www.abload.de/img/2xd4cr.jpg create it with cycler_sprite

and make a brush which is as big as the model or the parts of the model which should be solid and texture it with clip texture:

http://www.abload.de/img/3ht7xw.jpg

that's the way and not that cycler crap i had a tree which i included with cycler which turned around when u shoot at it it was very freaky ....

greez DaMp

dEMolite mapper28/01/2008 04:56

thats the way how it works ;)

Fliborecord holder Tournament #229/01/2008 17:44

Pretty basic and I thought that everybody would know this :) Every mapper should read this!

remake01/08/2008 07:55

Little bit old thread, but no matter. I can't browse MDL files with cycles_sprite. Only sprite files, and if I create a model with "cycler" then its buggy like u (DaMp) said. what I have to do to browse MDL files with cycler_sprite?
Thank u!

sn00pkz01/08/2008 11:07

just wrote @ sprite/model path .. something like cstrike/models/remake/urmodel.mdl and it'll work

dEMolite mapper01/08/2008 15:03

when you will add cstrike in the path your map will be fucked because it can't find the path then.

RemaKe get a expert fgdfile and you wont get that problem with cycler_sprite

sn00pkz01/08/2008 15:57

withount cstrike xd models/xxx/xxx.mdl

remake07/08/2008 02:17(edited 07/08/2008 03:14)

already have that dEMolite (if u mean this: cs_expert-tom793c.fgd) sn00pkz: when i tried to write just models/***.mdl, and then closed the window, then Hammer stopped working. oO

Edit: Is that a possible problem that I use Hammer 3.4 ?

sn00pkz07/08/2008 03:24

no .. i'm using 3.4 too :) .. hammer just stop working ? hmm .. u tryied to reinstall ?

remake07/08/2008 08:06

im gonna reinstall my windows today, so i have to download hammer again,. I'll give my results in the evening :p

rdbok07/08/2008 14:37

Dont you need Hammer 3.5 to be able to see Models in Hammer? :|

Pf0llz0r mapper07/08/2008 17:32

yes you do

and you need this in you fgd (I think this is all you need)
http://rafb.net/p/tSLoCM22.html

remake08/08/2008 05:03

Excuse me, but what i have to do with it ?
PS, nothing doesn't help. I tried 2 different config's, tried to do that with Hammer 3.4 and Hammer 3.5, and I still can't browse models with cycler_sprite and env_sprite and even write just models/*****.mdl doesn't help, cause if i do that then Hammer stops working. I just don't know what to do. I like to create some stuff and add MODELS <3 in it, but i can't.

Pf0llz0r mapper08/08/2008 11:39

you open your fgd with notepad >
press ctrl+f
find cycler_sprite
replace the current cycler_sprite with the one I posted.

Then it should work

Oooh and hammer 3.5 :)

remake08/08/2008 22:39

link doesn't work :/

Pf0llz0r mapper08/08/2008 23:04

try this link
http://rapidshare.com/files/135900384/cycler_sprite.txt.html

remake09/08/2008 00:32

done that, cant browse mdl files but i can just write models/***.mdl, and it works :p but i have 2 other problems now :p I just notices that i use Half Life (full) to compile, so I turned it to Half Life: Counter-Strike, and then that map in cs was very weird, i didnt see hp, ammo, time, weapon, looks like when i turn it to Counter-Strike then hammer just pack it as Halflife map or smth. And second problem is that I can't compile maps with hammer 3.5, if i press F9 then these parameters etc. just dont come. All settings are ok, but nothing, just a : Configuratsions : Default. and all the other boxes are empty.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.