100 fps, still laggy?
Hey yo. My new graphiccard (ASUS EN8600GTS) and 2x 512 MB RAM came with the mail today. So I got it up running and it seems to work .. In CS it shows 100 fps almost everywhere in any map, but things feel even more laggy than with my old card. Feels 20 fps lower than it shows. I'm not so much into this shit, I admit that, so I thought someone like KNiFEAR could give me some tips/solutions here?
Download fraps, run fraps. And start cs. You get to see your REAL fps ingame. Please post what fps is
I tried that, and it seems like it shows the right fps. :O I think it's maybe 'cause I'm used to lower fps. I remember when I tried playing with 130 fps on surf servers, couldn't strafe at all, 'cause I was used to 100 :D
I'll post here in a week or so, and tell if anything is better.
disable vertical sync in drivers
Make sure that your monitors refresh rate is maximised. Download RefreshForce if you haven't got it yet: http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/
(If you got a flat-screen monitor the problem is something else.)
Please log in to post replies.