Worlds highest edgebug - the map

Started by thopa
13/02/2008 23:08
Page 2 of 2
zyllEE17/02/2008 19:54

Originally posted by Judah
My fps is 100 on his map tenub? Noone told you to read this thread or try the map.

word!

Fliborecord holder Tournament #228/02/2008 13:55

Originally posted by Judah
My fps is 100 on his map tenub? Noone told you to read this thread or try the map.


What a stupid comment... Did you even read what he said? He asked why to make a really tall map if you don't want low fps. I mean, what's the point of the highest edgebug anyway? In this map, the point is really in the blocks you do the edgebug to. "Noone told you to read this thread or try the map." I won't even comment to this bullshit... Think it yourself.

colix mapper22/04/2008 17:11

Originally posted by Flibo
He asked why to make a really tall map if you don't want low fps.

dude if u can make the worlds highest edgebug map without making it high, i will lick ur ass :) seriously, he didnt make a high map to have low fps, he did it cuz he wanted to build the worlds highest edgebug map!

i didnt write this to insult u flibo, dont get this seriously :>

akM14/05/2008 11:06

nice thopa ;D ima try make some eb's

mytH-_021/05/2008 02:01

hahaha this is nice =D <3 eb

[X] Crazy Mike23/04/2012 19:48

please upload the map somewhere because the link is broken :]]

DrakA24/04/2012 10:49

So the biggest eb ever its 8079?

spr1n mapper11/05/2012 22:06

Originally posted by DrakA
So the biggest eb ever its 8079?


not really. I've released 32k high map somewhere in this forum... also tested 34k ... if noone made bigger one than 34k is highest eb and jb

Grrr11/05/2012 22:33

Originally posted by spr1n
Originally posted by DrakA
So the biggest eb ever its 8079?


not really. I've released 32k high map somewhere in this forum... also tested 34k ... if noone made bigger one than 34k is highest eb and jb


Actually the main difference factor is the vertical speed. I played a little on your map and managed to do JB with around 5100 u/s velocity with some hax. So the WR can be reached only when its done on the highest possible map with sv_velocity 9999999... value (perhaps kz_legal_settings should be turned off).

SilverNinja mapper12/05/2012 12:30

Originally posted by spr1n
not really. I've released 32k high map somewhere in this forum... also tested 34k ... if noone made bigger one than 34k is highest eb and jb

Hey, will you please explain how to make a map bigger than 8k units? What compiler and compile settings do you need?

spr1n mapper12/05/2012 18:25

Originally posted by SilverNinja
Originally posted by spr1n
not really. I've released 32k high map somewhere in this forum... also tested 34k ... if noone made bigger one than 34k is highest eb and jb

Hey, will you please explain how to make a map bigger than 8k units? What compiler and compile settings do you need?


I made that map with early version of vluzacn compiler. it allows faces to be outside of +/-4096 grid, however entities still cannot be rendered outside this area. Also I wouldn't suggest to build anything outside +/-8192 as visual rendering is completely bugged if you move outside that grid.

I also been told there are other compiling tools that allow to build outside +/-4096, though I didnt bother to test them since those were just some simple modifications of zhlt2.X


Grrr, yea, but since the whole thread is about highest edgebug, not eb wr nor hardest eb - I decided to skip the part about speed, as its unrelated in this case. Anyway thanks for reminding people that speed is more important than height (for ebs and jbs).
increasing sv_velocity is interesting, but still speed is height dependent... 32k height map would provide max ~64000 u/s speed if im not mistaken, gonna be fun to try it out though

Grrr12/05/2012 19:28

Well spr1n, I see it kinda pointless since the difficultly is the same - even when 2000u/s can be reached with much lower of 8k units height (maybe even half of it).
But maybe time ago people didn't knew about that, or just because sv_maxvelocity is a legal setting.

spr1n mapper12/05/2012 19:37

many people still dont know that I bet :D
also I think height is just more fascinating for majority so it gets more attention

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.