kz_man_indiana error

Started by puppetz mapper
21/02/2008 18:35
Page 1 of 1
puppetz mapper21/02/2008 18:35

Hi, lately I've been having a problem with playing kz_man_indiana. Not many seconds go by before I get disconnected and this error message is left in console:

Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'sprites/xsmoke1.spr' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit
(the map is not even using that sprite, it seems like it's different ones each time)

When I then download the map again, I can play it without problems, but if I shut down the server, and try again, I get this error. Pretty weird. :/

Has anyone else got this problem? How to fix?

Dacca21/02/2008 18:39

I have that problem on some maps and don't know how to fix it. :/

PepoMerca21/02/2008 18:56(edited 21/02/2008 18:56)

mmm delete all archives of cstrike/cache

Dacca21/02/2008 19:38(edited 21/02/2008 20:06)

I deleted all archives of cstrike/cache, but

L 02/21/2008 - 20:35:25: -------- Mapchange to kz_cg_rats --------
Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'sprites/rifle_smoke3.spr' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.
Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct that.

How i can reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map?

EDIT:
But then I am in public server I can play that map

puppetz mapper21/02/2008 19:55

meh, I thought so. :/

@Dacca: It's some kinda bug, it can't be true that official KZ maps has reached the limit of models.

tb mapper21/02/2008 21:01

http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?81497

Fliborecord holder Tournament #221/02/2008 21:42

Originally posted by PuppetZ^
meh, I thought so. :/

@Dacca: It's some kinda bug, it can't be true that official KZ maps has reached the limit of models.


It can. Really old map :)

puppetz mapper21/02/2008 22:24

But why does only some people have this bug, then?

@tp: What can I use that for? I can't go back in time and change help Kreedz reducing the amount of models, lol ..

JAy22/02/2008 00:39

i got that error a while ago, forgot what i did to fix it tho.. sorry

raver mapper28/02/2008 12:26

Backup your addons folder, delete your addons folder. and play ..

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.