Cut a demo

Started by kojo
29/02/2008 16:23
Page 1 of 1
kojo29/02/2008 16:23

Can you cut a demo? If a demo is like 15min, can i cut it so it just the last 5min?

Mehz29/02/2008 16:43

nope.

zhady Tournament #201/03/2008 14:25

if u convert it into .avi

wRath` mapper01/03/2008 16:22

If you're making a movie, you can just remove all the pictures with the unwanted contents. You can also cut it down in VirtualDub I think, and when it's converted to AVI, you can cut it with Vegas.

Grrr01/03/2008 18:55

If you are recording for one jump.. try:
bind "stop ; gc ; record "
and everytime when you go to checkpoint you'll record a new demo

wRath` mapper01/03/2008 20:23

IchWill, I don't think that one will work.. I use this:

bind "KEY" "say /gocheck;wait;stop;wait;record demo.dem"

Grrr01/03/2008 21:24

well.. I use this and it works.. but everytime when I finish some jump I type in console "stop" and I change the demoname cuz It will overwrite it when I gc

Mehz02/03/2008 01:43

wrath, you dont need all the waits...

mine is: bind MOUSE4 "say /gocheck;stop;record DEMONAME" and it works perfectly fine.

lonewolf VIP07/03/2008 01:23

Mouse4? What is this?

--

And, I dont like using stop and record on same bind, because if are you jump sleeping and do something cool, you overwrite. I use f1 = stop, f2 = record demoname.

StormZz07/03/2008 07:27

if u arent a completly retard u wont press your stop/restart button(f1) by doing "something cool" lol.

dezkit07/03/2008 23:01(edited 07/03/2008 23:02)

this script has a quick devolper 1 devolper 2 just to show a message. i dont think its a illegal config. script was made by me.
press f7 to record then f7 to stop




alias demo "demoon"
alias demoon "say /gocheck; record demofile; alias demo demooff; developer 1; motdfile Msg.txt; motd_write demo recording; motd; wait; motdfile motd.txt; developer 0"
alias demooff "say /gocheck; stop; alias demo demoon; developer 1; motdfile Msg.txt; motd_write demo stopped;; motd; wait; motdfile motd.txt; developer 0"

bind "f7" "demo"

Fliborecord holder Tournament #219/03/2008 20:35

WHY??? Why "say /gocheck" when every plugin I've played with allows "gocheck" :|

boom.dll19/03/2008 22:14

Originally posted by Flibo
WHY??? Why "say /gocheck" when every plugin I've played with allows "gocheck" :|

does that matter? the / ...

my bind for lj/tricks is:

bind "v" "stop;record trick1;say /gocheck"

eDark25/03/2008 09:55

yep if you know how you can ofc cut demos they are just a file format as any other but i don t think you ll find a tool for it

ripieces27/03/2008 09:27(edited 27/03/2008 09:44)

might be a bit annoying to update and realign the fullserverinfo so it's save to cut though.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.