another *first* movie

Started by skyjur
13/03/2008 19:52
Page 1 of 1
skyjur13/03/2008 19:52(edited 14/03/2008 13:22)

Well its is my first try to make a movie. I hadnt event done any vid with Win Movie Maker before... I wanted to try smth new. So nothing special in this movie too. Jumps are pretty much average too...

Took me some time and effort to learn all stuff related with moviemaking like converting demos to avi, moving camera, etc. Basics for Adobe After Effects... However it gave me good experiance and now I understand that moviemaking isnt easy and requires skillz :) I will respect good movie makers much more from now :)

However it may be that it is my last attemt to make a movie too :) Moviemaking requires too much of thoroughness and hard work for me (im a bit lazy) so I think I am going to stay on programming. More thinkging and less work here, at least programming is easier for me :)

so okey...

the *movie* time is 7 mins.

uncompressed movie is 768x480 rezolution with 30 fps
AVI with huffy codec is 6 GB file size :O it was a chalange to my pc...

i could not think any name for it so it is "AnAverageKzMovie" :)

And here is the link in youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDrKcVrQ2RY

Or a little bit higher quality mp4, ~50 MB file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/99027738/coderiz-kz-mov.mp4.html


(pls forgive that im noob in english L-ge)

Judah13/03/2008 20:24

To start of with it's anoter not onother :P.

Well, I just watched the movie, and belive it or not, but I actually enjoyed it very much. Some of the jumps actually were ok-hard.

I also have something I personally think would make improve your skills: When the HLTV is speccing you and we see you from 3rd person view, I think you might wanna speed up a bit, so it's not the same speed (or even slower), and after that we see the jump from your view in the same speed. It kind of ruins the exicitement.

Else goodjob :).

pacMan mapper13/03/2008 20:51

effect and more a bad, but jumps are nice, gz

bakeLit13/03/2008 20:53

I have the same opinion as Judah has, not that bad, jumps were Average and editing was also "ok". Keep going this way, learn how to make HLTV WayPoints, better texts and effects and you're gonna be hoLLy!

Dacca13/03/2008 21:22

I liked all jumps and editing, but 3rd person view was really unattractive, anyways GJ :)

wRath` mapper13/03/2008 21:38

I think the movie was pretty good, the jumps too.. Especially that one jump at de_dust2, isn't it supposed to be damn hard?

skyjur13/03/2008 21:50(edited 13/03/2008 21:56)

@wRath^: I think that jump was hard a year bifore or smth. When cj wasnt developed so well. My prestrafe was ~290 while doing it and this isnt top at all for "weird jumps" or how do ppl call them...
--

I have a question abound soundtracks...

It seamed very unconfortable to add and work with music in Adobe After Eff for me. I couldnt playback my tracks confortable and my AE started lagging after adding few songs. Well maybe its bicouse of my knolage lack in AE.

So I have used Audacity to make my movie sound track but it was hard to synchronize sound timing with movie.

What software do you use to make a sound tracks for your movies?

st0ka13/03/2008 22:28

if you sync your music in ae fx type "L" twice on your keyboard (with the layer selected) it's much easier to work with also you can play the music with "DEL" (on your keyboard as well :D). but all in all vegas is the best software (imo) to work with both video and audio :>
P.S. I enjoyed the movie. (it was way better then my first movie :D)

tR0nTY13/03/2008 23:03

I think its pritty good for a first movie

ehlak13/03/2008 23:20

Gj for first movie, and nice jumps :D

joel14/03/2008 18:58

and u said that for advanced players: this movie sucks.

If i think its über nice movie with some new jumps (for me) so am i noob or what ?

it looked like u had sv_airaccelerate 100 in ur de_nuke jump inside the hall where u jumped few duckbhops and then strafed while ducking and in some famas jump it looked like u had gravity like 750. Maybe I'm really n00b!

skyjur14/03/2008 19:35(edited 14/03/2008 19:51)

well my lj rec is 248. And now there are many players who can own this distance after ~3 months of training (i owned it after ~8 months of training...). So I think that those jumps are around the same level too...

I could upload demos off all the jumps if you would like to see them :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.