mapfinder

Started by skyjur
21/03/2008 00:25
Page 1 of 2
skyjur21/03/2008 00:25

I know there is such kind of plugins but I have written one by my self just for fun...

But if you have not thought about somthing like this it should be usefull.

This plugin will help you to find a map if you know just a part of it name.

For example: say /mapfind xtreme will give you a menu with all maps containing word xtreme. (maps limit in menu is 9, if there was more maps they will be printed in console)

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/101094667/mapfinder.rar.html
Extract to /cstrike/*
Add mapfinder.amxx in plugins.ini

st0ka21/03/2008 09:10

i wrote such plugin for personal use some time ago but this one is way better thanks for sharing :)

peteR^21/03/2008 13:01

Impressive plugin. Good job :D

Dacca21/03/2008 13:20

Very useful plugin! Thanks :) ye

ehlak21/03/2008 13:24

ooh nice man :D thnx coderiz ;)

SchlumPF21/03/2008 13:54(edited 21/03/2008 13:56)

just had a small look at your code. why the hell do u set a task at the end of cmd_say(id)? thought u like plugins w/o bad code adn w/optimizations :P

skyjur21/03/2008 15:20(edited 21/03/2008 15:26)

Tasks does not cause cpu load. I just though in such way the lagg coused when searching for a map will be a bit later.

Imagine that system is parsing all the messages. And now in this time of message parsing I am searching for a map (sometimes it takes a sec). I though that it is not the best time to search for a map when system is parsing messages. Its hard to explain myself correctly in english...

Sometimes tasks can be verry useful thing to delay processes which requires much of calculation.

For example longjump stats plugin usualy causes a little lag just after you touch the ground (probably you have seen it in many lj demos). That is bicouse it is drawing that beam. If this process would be delayed for a ~0.1 sec, this would cause a lag in better time, when you do not need to see how player is moving...

SchlumPF21/03/2008 17:03

"set_task can sometimes be an extremely useful function, but other times it is really overkill. What few people know is that it is a very expensive operation, the CPU has to literally check every cycle if it is time for the set_task to be executed. Usually, there are ways around a set_task." - Hawk552

maybe you are right, maybe not did not test that much cause i never made a function or plugin like ljstats which does check that many things every second

skyjur21/03/2008 17:26

well maybe yes, set_task may not be fast. but compared to that how long it takes to read a directory with ~1000 maps then it is extremly fast :)

StormZz22/03/2008 09:06

I really love the plugin!
I think ill change maps with that plugin always now =)
thx

maniac23/03/2008 19:54

very nice and usefull plugin! good job!
i like the structure, simple and clear!

t4l26/03/2008 17:04

Thank you coderiz

Acidas26/03/2008 20:58

coderiz nice :)

SiMen.iiN14/06/2008 14:54

Can somebody upload it to sendspace?

rapidshare sux!

c-walker`14/06/2008 16:14

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xlmvbw here you go :)

SiMen.iiN14/06/2008 16:16

Thx,C-WaLKeR#!

t4l03/03/2009 16:55

Reupload please.

cheche03/03/2009 17:07(edited 03/03/2009 17:08)

Thanks skyjur

And thanks Adriann, forgot about this plugin - I should have it somewhere.

adidasd04/03/2009 20:27

please reupload!

t4l06/03/2009 15:26

Originally posted by cheche
Thanks skyjur

And thanks Adriann, forgot about this plugin - I should have it somewhere.



Upload this plugin if you have it. please

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.