new lj stats project

Started by skyjur
24/03/2008 14:32
Read-Only
Page 1 of 2
skyjur24/03/2008 14:32(edited 24/03/2008 15:50)

So I have dicided to start a new lj stats project bicouse I dont like current one.

Some ideas about this plugin:
This plugin should be just a framework for ljstats. It means it will have no direct output of a jump to player (this part will go by other plugin) Such structure will allow easy updates and server admins may write their own stats system easily by their own needs.

Plugin will measure lj, cj, weird jumps!!! and bhops. Apcourse it is possible to do a drop bhop measurnment but I think its not needed.

Whats is more or less working:
I think I have made not a bad start for this plugin. My code snipest recognizes longjump, countjump, weird jumps and bhops good.

I think it has a prety good "bugs" protection which wont allow unexpected things to happen. It is not tested well but it is verry easy to add all stuff related to "fake stats".

However it has a problem that it works with 95~105 fps only (wont measure stuff with a lower or higher fps). I have some ideas how to fix everything but I am not sure if we need it. As everyone is jumping in 100fps. I think such thing (that it works only with 95~100fps) would just help to protect stats against bugs.

Performance is good I think and there still may be done many easy enchantments.

The bigest problems at the moment
To get an acurate distance of jump. I dont understand at the moment how does fps death measure it.

Code
Here is a code what is currently done by me:
http://coderiz.ampaste.net/145448 or
http://paste.ak-team.com/m71af2d5 (this pastebin looks nicer for me)
I have added some comments and tried to make everything understandable.

I will be greatful for any good sugestions especialy on jump distance measurments.

I think everyone are welcome to develop this plugin :)

(sorry for my english mistakes)

stask0 Tournament #224/03/2008 15:48

nice that you started making a new one :D i'll check it l8er :d

Acidas25/03/2008 17:55

Nice project :)

NumB25/03/2008 20:40

coderiz, if you are planing to create a new public ljs plugin - go ahed, but don't dear to use a single byte from my version!

SchlumPF26/03/2008 00:53

numb since your plugin is public everyone is allowed to copy some parts of it as the disatnce calculation (which is mostly eDarks work) but he has to credit you and is allowed to release it if he made a big part of the plugin by himself

lzh26/03/2008 02:38

just one problem dude. not averyone jumps in 100fps constantly , some of us have 80-90 fps during game.
u should try and add that :)

skyjur26/03/2008 12:32(edited 26/03/2008 12:36)

Originally posted by NumB
coderiz, if you are planing to create a new public ljs plugin - go ahed, but don't dear to use a single byte from my version!


Well I had a hope that you might help with distance measurnment but I see you are not verry happy about new ljstats plugin and I dont understand why :( I respect your work on current lj stats plugin but you should face the fact you wasnt thinking alot about performance while you where coding it....

NumB27/03/2008 16:16

That's why i'm making full rewrite. And i'm not so happy obout it cuz of one simple reason. I so just to much public bugged editions of my plugin, after what people just coldn't stop writing with bug reports and much more questions obout edition with what i have nothing to do. That just waist to much of my time & nervs.

PrEn1uMz27/03/2008 18:37

what a stupid reaction NumB. Like SchlumPF* saids, everyone is allowed to copy some parts of ur plugin.

I agree with coderiz, I really don't like current LjStats so I think a new plugin is a really great idea.
I don't know a lot about distance calculation etc. but if I can help u coderiz, I'll do.

SchlumPF27/03/2008 22:05

i just had a little conversation with numb and i can fully understand him why he is angry cause all ppl who modified ljstats added buggy things and asked numb to fix it although numb said dont ask me for bugs in ljstats modification he did not made etc. so he is feared that ppl will ask him to fix bugs coderiz might do to fix. this might be one thing faker is complaining about too: ppl are just ignoring posts or acting stupid or just doing double/trippe/quadral/... posts. for ex i tryed to help many ppl in prokreedz thread but tehre are enough ppl who just see the topic post do taht stuff for me and ask and ask... but they do not recognize that nobody must help him or that the answer is some already in that topic. also numb told me optimizing is one thing he wants to do in his enw ljstats cause he does not like the code too so i would more like to post his ljstats project public as before but ppl hagve to learn too but numb shoukld also ignore and give a fuck about those ppl complaining about bugs he did not made and nobody should ask him several times to add some features etc. just post the idea or try doing it on your own so numb just has to look at that code so he knows how that function might work.

oTcHeTo28/03/2008 02:00(edited 28/03/2008 02:07)

ok i wanna ask if Numb or coderis or lt.rat or whatever ... can you make a little plugin for sw and sw-stats (strafes + info about strafes (speed added) (speed loosed) (time of strafe in air) (and sync of strafe) i recently started doing some sw and in about half hour i could do 245 block and 247 stats but it feels unreal and somehow i dont know its hard to hit edge and its easyer than doing normal lj(strafing) O.o

i know all this sounded noobish but il really appreciate such plugin

oH and NumB i saw the thread with your ljstats , hmm i dont really think that there should be only private ljstats , the only way to show that you are better is to beat everyone else , so this run and this thing that you are making right now may backfire on you latter :/ i dont know man i think that you should start working on the modifications on your stats and care less for other peoples modifications O.o

kexas28/03/2008 16:02

Well not everybody has 100 fps :) On a lan server yes, but on a public - no. So maybe a solution could be found.

kunqui29/03/2008 18:13

very nice :)

Acidas04/04/2008 11:59

So when will be released a official version?

SchlumPF04/04/2008 14:00

you mean a version which is as currect as numbs cause numbs is official and i dont think this plugin will be approved by xj since xj would have to unapprove numbs

PrEn1uMz04/04/2008 19:38

dont care about XJ's decision about this plugin.
The most important thing is to have a good plugin distance calculation without all the useless things of NumB's plugin.

Acidas07/04/2008 21:02

Originally posted by PrEn1uMz
dont care about XJ's decision about this plugin.
The most important thing is to have a good plugin distance calculation without all the useless things of NumB's plugin.

Agree. But Numb's plugin is good also, just need the code rewrite, and alittle bug fixes, and bhop stats :)

skyjur08/04/2008 18:00

I havent done much yet bicouse I was writing a full kz system (tops, cps, semiclip and all other stuff) for my own server...

Acidas08/04/2008 19:30

coderiz, i wanna ask can you help me with my server? :)

skyjur08/04/2008 19:38(edited 08/04/2008 19:39)

Originally posted by Acidas
coderiz, i wanna ask can you help me with my server? :)

Sure I can. You can find my in Skype by searching for my real name.

Page 1 of 2