Low FPS - need help.

29/03/2008 15:00
Page 1 of 1
яєsρєcт29/03/2008 15:00(edited 29/03/2008 15:02)

Hello. I have a big problem with low fps. When I'm playing on some maps, and when it's about 10 players or more on server I'm gettiong big fps drops. My graphic settings are low, Im using some config commands to increase my fps. When I'm playing CS all other programs are shut down, only hl.exe, antivirus and system things. My PC is:

Win XP SP2.

Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHz L2 1Mb,
ECS P4M890T-M, FSB 1066,
GIGABYTE GeForce 8500 GT, 512Mb 400Mhz, GPU 600MHz,
Patriot 2x1GB 800MHz RAM D-C,
IDE HD 40GB Maxtor.

I'm asking you for help.

(sry for my english)

Aly00729/03/2008 15:43

i have same problem with my configuration for example on awp_rooftops ,and i play on 640x480 @ 120hz...
Amd athlon x2 (64) 4000+
2gb ram GeiL @ 800 mhz
Leadtek px8600GT
S-ATA 200GB @ 7200rpm

Z0ck3rOO729/03/2008 15:59

try low fps models

Vyrus29/03/2008 18:38

Originally posted by Z0ck3rOO7
try low fps models

They're called high fps models :P


http://netti.nic.fi/~amaki/models/
Blockhead ftw!

Thanks guys, I'll try that.

Metric591901/04/2008 09:07

Are you sure your pc aint overheating?

joel01/04/2008 15:23

put in your userconfig.cfg or config.cfg this cmd

cl_picmip 2 after that you must restart cs if you have it on

@Metric5919 - I'm not sure. I don't know what temperature should be at each parts.

@joel - I'll do that.

Thanks

kexas14/05/2008 11:58

joel, it's gl_picmip. Also use gl_playermip Search for cvars that disable unnecessary things in cs (like cl_weather, cl_shadows etc.).
Go to system properties>advanced> adjust visual effects for best performance.
Try something from here http://forum.online-games.gr/archive/index.php/t-2694.html
copy opengl drivers following this guide. However i don't recommend tweaking your registry.
Adjust your video card for best performance.
Check your rates ingame (rate, cl_cmdrate, cl_updaterate).
Although your hard drive is old, you should be getting 100 fps anyway.

mytH-_027/05/2008 17:00

i´m using blockheads now and that helped a little with the fps so thx! ;)

dEMolite mapper27/05/2008 18:32

turn verticalsync off and if you get fps drops forwards change the monitor frequence from 60h to 70 or 75h

Mittelfinger01/07/2008 09:48

Originally posted by Vyrus
Originally posted by Z0ck3rOO7
try low fps models

They're called high fps models :P


http://netti.nic.fi/~amaki/models/
Blockhead ftw!


That's models is not allowed for demorecording, or i'm wrong ?

SchlumPF01/07/2008 22:31

they are allowed

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.