Strange Spec Bug

Started by s1gh
30/03/2008 06:05
Page 1 of 1
s1gh30/03/2008 06:05

Hey everyone. I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a very weird problem with my lan server. Whenever I start a new game, I begin with no weapon and no crosshair. The server does not ask me if i want to be ct, t, etc. I'm guessing it's some sort of spec bug, but it also happens if I don't have ANY plugins or addons on the server at all.

It's impossible to play lan this way, so any help at all would be appreciated.

s1gh

Juhmp30/03/2008 06:09

how do you start the LAN? do you click "new game" or do you type "map ****" in console? if you type "map ****" it won't let you choose team or do anything

s1gh30/03/2008 09:39

New game.

Juhmp31/03/2008 03:16

move your important folders (maps/gfx/sprites/sound) and then re-install CS and delete your cstrike folder

then retry

s1gh31/03/2008 04:21

Well, that brings a different point which I forgot to mention. This has been a consistent problem, to say the least. I bought a new computer, and took with me only the cstrike folder, with a fresh install of the game. Didn't work. I deleted my config, and the problem persisted.

The only thing i can think of doing is to delete my entire steam folder, including cstrike, and reinstalling. But I really, really, really don't want to do that. That's why it'd be nice if someone could try to help me.

lzh31/03/2008 05:04

so now you do have ur maps/gfx/models/sprites folders , right?
if so , backup them , uninstall and install cs again , copy-paste the folders and it should work.
waiting to hear on ur progress.

s1gh31/03/2008 06:39(edited 31/03/2008 06:41)

No, that's what I explained above. I had this problem with my old computer. When I bought my new one, I took my hard drive from my old computer only with the steamapps folder (which contains the maps and all that), installed CS on my new computer, and copied my old steamapps folder in my newly installed steam folder. The problem was not fixed. I guess, I could try again tomorrow, but I don't think it's worth the hassle if that's exactly what I did last time.

Hmm, although now that I think about it, last time I did that copied my entire steamapps folder, not just my own cstrike folder. In my steamapps folder, there is also a folder for my brother's account, an empty folder called SourceMods and about 40 .gcf files. Could it be that any one of them is affecting my lan server?

Z0ck3rOO731/03/2008 08:49

have u tried to press "m" (teamchoose) ?

raver mapper31/03/2008 13:01

Why not just de-install steam? And redownload all the maps? I do this allot and its anoying in the first week but its getting oke after it.

I think the problem is ur sprite & resource folder. So if you backup those folders, and you reinstall steam. And you place them back, you still got the problem because of some files in it that removes your HUD.

Try to begin with a fresh install of cs/steam

s1gh31/03/2008 22:16

@Zocker - yes, lol.
@raver - I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling steam today or tomorrow, I guess, but I was wondering what would happen if I just moved my steamapps folder out of my steam folder? Would steam know how to recreate it?

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.