mto_.......

Started by Mentalo
13/04/2008 13:48
Page 1 of 2
Mentalo13/04/2008 13:48

I started my latest idea yesterday and want to know what public thinks! I didnt do much, just the design and some details but no jumps! I would like to hear some ideas from you!
HF
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/-persia.JPG
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/-persia2.JPG

Dalai mapper13/04/2008 13:57

Well now, That got potential! Looks awesome. Nice lighting but i'd do something about the windows..

Fact or Fiction13/04/2008 14:06

oh, mentalo... mate, please change the sky :idea:
and overall now the atmosphere looks nice :XX

Dacca13/04/2008 14:09

Is too dark, windows look strange and sky looks ugly :(

Mentalo13/04/2008 14:10

didnt think about the sky yet :P yea gonna rethink the windows! And i want it to be darker, creates a cool atmosphere!

Dalai mapper13/04/2008 14:19

hm about the darkness: I loved to create atmosphere with darkness too but it kinda destroys the jumps...

s0liD mapper13/04/2008 15:30

darkness is cool but not in kz maps. Pretty anoying to search for jumps in the dark. BTW I cant see shit in the screens and I even closed the window :D... Make some nice lighting in it so i can see what is it about.

maniac13/04/2008 15:55

looks cool... ye change the sky ^^ i hate this dust sky :D
its a bit too dark... my crt monitor is like 8 years old and the gamma sux more and more so that i cant see anything if its dark :P

looks very nice, work on the windows change the sky and DONT make it brighter, looks uber!!!! :D

P.V.A.B.-jello13/04/2008 18:16

It can still be dark even with some interior lighting which it does need to make sense.

dEMolite mapper13/04/2008 18:36(edited 13/04/2008 18:36)

if mentalo is going to make a nice light_env setting he doesn't need interior light. but if the light_env will stay like that, there should be some nice interior lights

Fliborecord holder Tournament #213/04/2008 20:34

Add some color to your light :/

wRath` mapper13/04/2008 21:04

Mto_sanctuary ;)

Note: Dark maps are not funny to play, I love bright and nice maps.

colix mapper13/04/2008 23:18

when mentalo first showed me this map today i was impressed like hell, i said OMG :D
its very nice and imo the lighting is cool and i like the window, tho it could be better :>

puppetz mapper13/04/2008 23:34

All those shadows are really confusing, nice environment though! Maybe add some small torches or likely, to light it up a little bit more, but not too much, dark maps ftw!

clair mapper14/04/2008 01:10

it looks more like a bomb site for a de_ map than a kz map in my opinion, and thats not because theres a lack of jumps. i do like the darkness though, as long as you can actually see where you're going. artificial light just for the sake of visibility is lame :p

Mentalo14/04/2008 15:09

Kay ill add some lamps orso but the light env is making those cool shadow effects i want to keep. I just showed this room to give you an idea of the design. I thought about makinf this the end room cuz its hard to put jumps in here!

Judah14/04/2008 20:44

Looks cool Mentalo. <- NIce avatar btw! :D

raver mapper14/04/2008 21:02

Originally posted by Mentalo
Kay ill add some lamps orso but the light env is making those cool shadow effects i want to keep. I just showed this room to give you an idea of the design. I thought about makinf this the end room cuz its hard to put jumps in here!


ey, its REALLY ugly ...

Mentalo14/04/2008 21:24

gj nice comment raver!

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.