Extract .wad textures from a .bsp map

Started by .vitor
29/04/2008 21:50
Page 1 of 1
.vitor29/04/2008 21:50

Im trying to do it.
I've already tried TEXTRACT, but I haven't understood anything ! =/
I can't use that TEXTRACT, maybe there is another way to do this?
Or maybe you guys can help me to use TEXTRACT.

Thanks.

puppetz mapper29/04/2008 22:43

Start -> Run -> type "cmd" in the box ..
Now make sure you have the .bsp in the right directory ..
Now write "textract .bsp .wad" ..
I suggest decompiling the map with BTM and use the _btm.wad though. Some of the textures have turned out very strange when I've used textract ..

.vitor30/04/2008 02:00

So, whats this BTM ?
Can i have a link for download ?

And I didn't understand about the Textract, I wrote that on propmt but it didn't work.
Btw, what do you mean "right directory" ?

clair mapper30/04/2008 06:55

or download bspviewer and go file -> export -> bitmaps :)

radon mapper Tournament #330/04/2008 10:22

yea do as cliar said, and then add them to a new wad file in wally and save!

acidburn02/05/2008 19:14

If BSPViewer won't work you can also try BSP2MAP. That progie also has a WAD extraction module.

clair mapper02/05/2008 23:59

i used to use bsp2map/bsptwomap or whatever you want to call it, because it makes a new .wad file instead of just extracting the textures. the downside is, it doesnt always work. in fact, it doesnt work for me at all anymore.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.