mapping
sorry I do not know too much or posted this
Hi, my name is Blake, novice mapper and climber FR (my English is not very good).
Since a long time, I have noted that the new maps are more and more complicated and consequently are less accessible to novice climbers.
You may think, that I am a mapper that wants to argue about your rejection of his maps, but this not the case.
I am posting to better understand why simple maps are not accepted. Is it because they are too easy ? I would like to know what are the acceptance criteria of a map because it may be interesting to have nice maps but it is hopeless if these maps are too complicated and require only 250s or jumps with CJ. For example, kz_greencave is a very nice map but impracticable for novices.
Personally, I think that the certification authorities consider that all new maps are playable by all climbers including novices but the selections must not be limited to the difficulty of the map but also some maps must be playable/practicable by newcomers or novices. I consider that the final selection of a map shall also include the vote of the players themselves; novices will appreciate to play on maps that correspond to their faculty. I have been contacted by novice players who are annoyed to be obliged to always play on the same easy maps; they request to increase the number of certifications of these simply practicable maps.
In conclusion, I would like to know what are the acceptance criteria for easy maps that is to say practicable for novice players. Do you consider that 245 jumps and crazy bhops are to be present in easy maps ?
Finally, I will appreciate that answers to this post are appropriate and substantiated.
Thank you and good jump.
I didn't read all your post 'cause i already have this discussion in the past years.
Your map need to be : cool ( fo sure... ), well mapped, and i think the most important is : the theme...
U need to give a real atmosphere to your map, the difficulty of the map isn't really important ( in fact it is 'cause if the map is to ez it wouldn't be fun to play for everyone )..
In fact making block isn't really difficult, but giving an atmosphere to your map here is the real challenge for you mapper!!
Btw : u really should improve ur english.. I know mine isn't quite good too but i don't use translators :)
I think your English is better than most on this site..
and it's all pretty much what anny0 said, it's mostly about the atmosphere and the theme.. I can't really agree with the difficulty part though, because nowadays, it's mostly hard maps that gets accepted.. Where's the mountez type of maps?! Those are great :D
thats not true! in the last release have been 2 ez maps! then the release before were 3 ez maps! so its pretty equal imo!
easy maps arent denied. maps with bad texturing/mapping/bad jumps get denied. also, when a map is denied, it is voted on by more than 10 people who are quite adept when it comes to climbing or mapping. most have been playing kz for a very long time i believe. in order for the community to vote on it, they would need to test the map, and by then, whats the point? everyone would have the map anyway. it would take out the suprise and skill of getting a map accepted. when denied, you can still post the map in the forums. also, just keep practicing mapping. the more you try, the more youll learn.
Please log in to post replies.