CoD2 Help

Started by st0ka
16/05/2008 10:52
Page 1 of 2
st0ka16/05/2008 10:52

Since this forum is for any help I'm posting my problem here. Hope someone knows the solution.

I've installed Call of Duty 2 without any problems but when I launch it even the game is not started it LAGS REALLY MUCH. I'm just going trough some of the menus and i gotta wait for the mouse to move on my screen for 4-5 secs... I tried to lower the settings for my graphic card but without success.

AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.61 GHz
1 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 7300 GT

Mehz16/05/2008 15:21

1.61 GHz... Dual-core?

If not, it's not going to happen.

peteR^16/05/2008 16:05

That graphics card you have.. that's too bad i think.
I couldn't even run CS @ OpenGL while i had the 7300 series.

Fatalis16/05/2008 17:29(edited 16/05/2008 17:29)

His specs are more than enough for CoD2, we aren't talking about CoD4 ;).

Minimum: 1.4 GHz Processor, Intel Pentium IV or AMD equivalent, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0 compatible 64 MB video card with latest drivers

Recommended: 2.8 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, 1GB RAM, 8x CD drive,Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 or greater or with pixel shader 2.0 .

Update your drivers and make sure you have latest DirectX (9.0c if you're using XP)

Mehz16/05/2008 20:56

Originally posted by Fatalis
His specs are more than enough for CoD2, we aren't talking about CoD4 ;).

Minimum: 1.4 GHz Processor, Intel Pentium IV or AMD equivalent, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0 compatible 64 MB video card with latest drivers

Recommended: 2.8 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, 1GB RAM, 8x CD drive,Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 or greater or with pixel shader 2.0 .

Update your drivers and make sure you have latest DirectX (9.0c if you're using XP)


oh, I thought he ment CoD4 :P

My bad.. And peteR^ I have a crappy Radeon 9600 that can run CS on OpenGL with 100fps on like, 50% of the maps at least...

st0ka16/05/2008 21:43

ty Fatalis i thought it my because of PC configuration but it runs without problems on some of my friends PC's @ less then 1.4 GHz processors and GeForce 6 series graphic cards. I'll try to install new drivers and I have DX 9.0c. It's just strange that I don't have the lag while I'm playing but right after I launch it... :/

peteR^17/05/2008 08:59

Originally posted by Mehz
Originally posted by Fatalis
His specs are more than enough for CoD2, we aren't talking about CoD4 ;).

Minimum: 1.4 GHz Processor, Intel Pentium IV or AMD equivalent, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0 compatible 64 MB video card with latest drivers

Recommended: 2.8 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, 1GB RAM, 8x CD drive,Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 or greater or with pixel shader 2.0 .

Update your drivers and make sure you have latest DirectX (9.0c if you're using XP)


oh, I thought he ment CoD4 :P

My bad.. And peteR^ I have a crappy Radeon 9600 that can run CS on OpenGL with 100fps on like, 50% of the maps at least...


Then you had better specs than me, Mehz..

Mehz17/05/2008 10:28

Originally posted by peteR^
Originally posted by Mehz
Originally posted by Fatalis
His specs are more than enough for CoD2, we aren't talking about CoD4 ;).

Minimum: 1.4 GHz Processor, Intel Pentium IV or AMD equivalent, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0 compatible 64 MB video card with latest drivers

Recommended: 2.8 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, 1GB RAM, 8x CD drive,Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 or greater or with pixel shader 2.0 .

Update your drivers and make sure you have latest DirectX (9.0c if you're using XP)


oh, I thought he ment CoD4 :P

My bad.. And peteR^ I have a crappy Radeon 9600 that can run CS on OpenGL with 100fps on like, 50% of the maps at least...


Then you had better specs than me, Mehz..


You only named the 7300, so I assumed you thought it was a bad card.

peteR^17/05/2008 16:16

You were right, it is a bad card. Very bad, imo.

oP^24/05/2008 20:40

turn off the 'sync every frame' maybe
that take off many fps

Mentalo25/05/2008 00:05

its not a bad card :!
i was able to paly cod2 with my old pc perfeclty, and i was using 6600GT so its not about his card

Dragon25/05/2008 11:43

Originally posted by peteR^
I couldn't even run CS @ OpenGL while i had the 7300 series.


this post made my day :D thx

peteR^25/05/2008 13:09

The specs sucked big time, believe me.

0_ZeeK_-*25/05/2008 16:29

Peter - I got 6600 GT and i can use OpenGL, so i don't think thats the problem.

peteR^25/05/2008 17:59

Read what i wrote, ffs.

st0ka27/05/2008 21:12

i had time today and tried changing the drivers. (i have DX9.0c) but it didn't solve the problem :/ It runs normally at a friend's pc with GeForce 5 series card 2k GHz CPU and 1 GB ram :< And google can't help me as well. I probably won't be able to play this game :/

st0ka30/05/2008 23:01

sorry didn't want to create another topic. when i installed newer drivers for my motherboard (nforce 570 SLI AMD) my skype started to crash o_O Any ideas why this happens or if you have drivers older then 9.16 i can try them out. It's a bit weird skype crashes without any reason or at least I don't know it...

Mehz30/05/2008 23:56

Originally posted by peteR^
You were right, it is a bad card. Very bad, imo.


Idiot, 7300 is more than enough for CoD2, CS and such games.

peteR^31/05/2008 08:57

Can't you read? It might be good enough, but my pc couldn't handle it by some reason.

Fatalis31/05/2008 17:35

We're talking about geforce 7300, not RADEON.

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.