LAN Server crashes internet

Started by s1gh
23/05/2008 00:55
Page 1 of 1
s1gh23/05/2008 00:55

I tried finding the other thread I posted with help for my lan, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I finally managed to get my lan working, but now there's a new problem with it. It seems that every time I play on my lan, or on someone else's lan through hamachi, my internet crashes. I have no idea why this happens, and it's completely random for all I know. I could play an hour and nothing happens, and it could crash right when I open the lan. I do know that it doesn't happen when I play online or when I'm not in CS at all. It's pretty weird. I used to be connected through wireless, now I'm directly connected. Even with the wireless this happened, but not on my lan (since it wasn't working then). Could there be some sort of conflict between the router and the lan server? It doesn't seem to make much sense to me, but I don't know much about this stuff.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who helps.

SchlumPF23/05/2008 07:31

any error logs in cstrike/addons/amxmodx/logs/ ?

s1gh23/05/2008 23:05

No, there aren't, because nothing actually happens to the lan server. Just the internet crashes. I'm testing a few things now though, to check whether it's hamachi/utorrent that causes it. I'll post the results back here.

SchlumPF23/05/2008 23:22

also try to disable all plugins one by one so you know whether a specific plugin does cause that error

s1gh24/05/2008 17:55(edited 24/05/2008 21:05)

Okay, thanks. I have a feeling it's hamachi, because from yesterday's testing it seems that when it was off, everything was working fine. I have no idea how to fix this though, and it would really suck if no one can join my lan, or if I couldn't join other's. :/

Edit: Nope, I was wrong, it's not hamachi. Also, how do the plugins matter? This happens when I connect to other people too. I don't know what to do anymore. :S

SchlumPF24/05/2008 21:23

reinstall steam :)

s1gh24/05/2008 22:34

Yeah I guess I'll do that if all else fails, but I don't know if it'll actually help. :/

s1gh28/05/2008 04:23

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I'm still having a lot of trouble. Nothing is working at all, I reinstalled steam, forwarded my ports for CS, and checked that i have the latest firmware. Nothing is helping.

If anyone has any idea at all then please help.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.