Fog Help

Started by pLANE mapper
27/05/2008 00:10
Page 1 of 1
pLANE mapper27/05/2008 00:10

I notice the map kz_kzfr_escape has fog in it. I cannot figure out how to use the env_fog entity, ive tried a couple test maps with it but none of my tests have worked.

Can anyone help on how to add fog into your map. Also if you can write what each value means or does.

example -I am assuming env_fog is what adds it

Name: put a name here
Fog Level: put what amount you want (1-10000)
etc.etc..

NumB29/05/2008 13:16

I wanna know this two - creating a weather plugin. Made it to use rain/snow... But cannot create fog. =(

colix mapper29/05/2008 14:24

yea i also tried to make fog on a map, but couldnt get it wokring :/ so would be ncie if someone explains it for us :)

dEMolite mapper29/05/2008 15:08

Open notepad and search in your fgd for env_fog and replace it with this function. If it doesn't exist, copy it near some others env_ entitys.
[blockquote]@PointClass base(Targetname) = env_fog : "Global Fog Properties"
[
rendercolor(color255) : "Fog Color (R G B)" : "139 168 197"
density(string) : "Density" : "0.0015"
][/blockquote]

raver mapper29/05/2008 22:37

Originally posted by NumB
I wanna know this two - creating a weather plugin. Made it to use rain/snow... But cannot create fog. =(


Ask ALIEN je made a fog plugin on his j2s server.

pLANE mapper30/05/2008 00:11

Originally posted by dEMolite
Open notepad and search in your fgd for env_fog and replace it with this function. If it doesn't exist, copy it near some others env_ entitys.
[blockquote]@PointClass base(Targetname) = env_fog : "Global Fog Properties"
[
rendercolor(color255) : "Fog Color (R G B)" : "139 168 197"
density(string) : "Density" : "0.0015"
][/blockquote]


Thanks a bunch dEMolite! Worked great! :)

Pieshels mapper01/07/2008 23:51

A new question :D
How to make fog switchable? (on/off)
or maybe how to make it in particular area? it's kinda the same :P
I tried with entities/buttons, but I didn't manage to do it, maybe someone can help...

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.