New map under construction!

Started by pLANE mapper
13/04/2006 00:35
Page 1 of 2
pLANE mapper13/04/2006 00:35(edited 21/08/2010 02:17)

Hey I'm working on my 7th 'kz' map (hopefully), called kz_absolute (may change). I came up with the name absolute because it was originally going to be easily the hardest kz map thus far, but I decided that was a bad idea and I'm just going to try my best to make it a long fun map, like kz_climbersxp. The map will have 3 main jumping sections, possibly 4 depending on size.

Its still very much so under construction and I build more to it everyday. However, I am pretty slow at mapping unless I really get in the zone, so its progression may take awhile.

Ill update this post as it progresses.

*Edit - Update*

Info: I've added much since first presented. I added about 3 more minutes of fast jumping. No problem yet, and I'll put some new screens soon.

Completed: 65-75%

Screenshots:

http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/4287/19lm2.jpg
http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/9627/27sz.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5728/33fq.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/516/43ca.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3236/52ow.jpg
http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/7527/62dq.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8337/73nk.jpg

My to-do list:

I need to make the spawn area (first screenshot) larger, add another 2-3 mins of jumping in another linked area and lastly add my new longjump_aio as a minimap that is compatable for multi-players.

*NOTE - These screenshots are NOT finished material. The map can change significantly from now and finish.*

Respectful feedback is encouraged. :)

[ Edited ]

FikoN13/04/2006 00:38

First room reminds me of kz_adv_underground :o

Looks nice..

pLANE mapper13/04/2006 00:40(edited 21/08/2010 02:17)

Oops, just realized this is wrong forum section. Map presentation is up a few...

you say kz_adv_underground? I may or may not have made that map... *snicker*
[ Edited Thu Apr 13 2006, 12:43AM ]

FikoN13/04/2006 01:21

So you're "d[2]^4"?

pLANE mapper13/04/2006 01:45

[blockquote]So you're "d[2]^4"?[/blockquote]

Ya, long long ago.

red mapper13/04/2006 02:04

nice map looks great!

s0liD mapper13/04/2006 06:05

Not looking so good because its toooooo blolcky mate change it and it looks like kz_tropiclimb..

AverageFreak13/04/2006 10:48

agree with solid,vertex the jumps
but still gj :)

KNiFEAR13/04/2006 11:35

looks really nice :) <3 "long fun" kz maps :)

acidburn13/04/2006 13:25

Yeah I also happen to like it. :D I

like maps with such a jungle and flower touch. Maybe you could add some additional exotic plants on special places of the map.

faker mapper13/04/2006 14:42

w00t.

welcome back @ business :)

looks sweet

-nightmare-13/04/2006 15:02

ab0oo it's d[2]^4 :O!!! niiiiiiiice!!
map looks kewl so far, i hope it won't be too hard (:

Looks nice

Love long maps!!!!!! :D

P.V.A.B.-jello13/04/2006 18:11(edited 21/08/2010 02:17)

exn_ezjungle!
[ Edited Thu Apr 13 2006, 06:12PM ]

JuMpiNg_JacK13/04/2006 19:14

Yes it looks like the good old jungle map. One of the first maps I've ever played on! I loved it altough it was too hard for me at that point.

This looks like the second part to me. :D

Good job!

pLANE mapper14/04/2006 00:01

[blockquote]agree with solid,vertex the jumps [/blockquote]

The screenshots must be horrible because there is only one jump in the entire map that has not been either cut or vertex manipulated. I will never leave a jump just as a block ever unless I have a good reason for doing so. The one block jump can be seen in the first screenshot at the bottom right, it has now been changed.

Passion14/04/2006 03:09

looks a little bit like , tropic climb , adv_underground and exn_jungle , but looks nice :)

eiRa mapper14/04/2006 05:30

oldskewl style :D

acidburn14/04/2006 16:39

[blockquote]agree with solid,vertex the jumps [/blockquote]

The screenshots must be horrible because there is only one jump in the entire map that has not been either cut or vertex manipulated. I will never leave a jump just as a block ever unless I have a good reason for doing so. The one block jump can be seen in the first screenshot at the bottom right, it has now been changed.

pLANE


some people always see blocks :D

hiGGe19/04/2006 09:06(edited 21/08/2010 02:18)

Yeah.. long maps are so <3<3 so keep going.. there is too much 3-5min maps.. so it sound's great to have little longer map
[ Edited Wed Apr 19 2006, 09:07AM ]

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.