New map under construction!

Started by pLANE mapper
13/04/2006 00:35
Page 2 of 2
pLANE mapper20/04/2006 05:24(edited 21/08/2010 02:18)

Ouch, I've encountered my first real problem! I compiled map so I could test run it and check out some stuff, it still is far from done though. And when I went create server it just didnt start the server. It started the process but then just quit out back to the counter-strike main page. So I think it might be something with my trigger_teleport entity or the env_rain, so I'm gonna re-compile. -.- Hope it works.

Uh-oh... It still isnt working. I compiled it 3 more times making small modifications to things I would suspect of causing a problem and it still is not working. There is nothing wrong in the compile log. I think that it might be too big. I used to have the map split into two sections and compiled them into 2 different maps and then tested it, now I added them both together into the same map and it doesnt work. :'(

I dont understand how it could be too big though, so maybe thats not the reason. Back in the day kreedz gave me his climbersxp.rmf file and that was much bigger. I think there are settings i need to adjust in the HLCC compiling thing. Anyone know how to adjust it so its better?

[ Edited Thu Apr 20 2006, 07:21AM ]

elITe^25/04/2006 04:57

WB pLANE .. wanna see some pics plz :)

dEMolite mapper25/04/2006 05:34

the reason i think you are above the entity count.
Create game with the map and after u turned back to the main window look in to the console.

acidburn25/04/2006 10:57

Maybe you are using fastvis. As far as I can remember somebody had this problem before and it was the vis setting.

pLANE mapper25/04/2006 17:46(edited 21/08/2010 02:18)

I looked in cosole after i started the map and this is what it told me.

L 04/25/2006 - 08:57:26: -------- Mapchange to kz_absolute_u --------
Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I: Model 'sprites/shadow_circle.spr' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.
Reduce the number of brush models and/or regular models in the map to correct this.
executing listenserver.cfg
*** INTERNET SERVER RUNNING! ***
couldn't exec listip.cfg
couldn't exec banned.cfg
Server logging data to file logs\L0425000.log
L 04/25/2006 - 08:57:34: Log file started (file "logs\L0425000.log") (game "cstrike") (version "47/1.1.2.5/2.0.0

I dont know how to deal with that.

But...

I have fixed the problem, but in a bad way. I just took out the first jungle themed part. That was maybe 1:30 to 2:30 mins of jumping, but I am going to add more to what is now the main jumping site and it is looking good. However I feel that it wont be quite as big as I had first thought it would be.

I keep coming up with a bunch of cool things to add so I am doing my best to implement them. I am adding more everyday.

Ill post some new screens later on today. :)
[ Edited Tue Apr 25 2006, 06:02PM ]

Where's the screens? :(

pLANE mapper03/05/2006 18:55

Soon! I get side-tracked easily... Like today soon.

pLANE mapper04/05/2006 00:34

New screenshots in my first post! Gogogo!

dEMolite mapper04/05/2006 00:52

i'm not sure that u are the real d[2]^4.

And to the map looks ...........

pLANE mapper04/05/2006 01:11

Yes I really am d[2]^4... And I am unsure what '.........' means? What is it that you do not like?

dEMolite mapper04/05/2006 01:36

the out door setting. Sorry when i say it so. Its suck. Sorry but it would be better when you do on the walls more details made them more relastical.

pLANE mapper04/05/2006 01:51

Okay. You dont like the unrealistic part of the map. Im sorry but I dont think this'll be the map for you then, I can only add so much and if I add more polies The map becomes laggy and people will get lower FPS. I can try my best to make it appeal to you more. Thanks for the feedback. Also remember those screenshots arent finished material. Things can change

P.V.A.B.-jello04/05/2006 04:09

First few screenshots look amazing :)

JuMpiNg_JacK04/05/2006 08:30

I like it! Specially the rain is cool. I never played a KZ map sofar with rain in it. :)

cd104/05/2006 18:07

dEMolite is always negative, his maby jealous. The map looks nice !

faker mapper04/05/2006 18:56

nice update, looks very oldsql :) nice

DHT- Tournament #104/05/2006 18:58

first pic reminds me of kz_phoogi, but nice map :)

inSaaaNe04/05/2006 19:46

like faker said: oldsql style
but i like it, gj ;)

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.