PLS CLOSE MAP SUBMITTED!

Started by mtoboiii8000 mapper
02/08/2008 19:04
Page 3 of 4
owned05/08/2008 00:40

the river made it a lot more sexier ;)

looks great :D

Aly00705/08/2008 00:48

the river it's niceee :D

pLaguE^05/08/2008 01:35

Originally posted by Aly007
the river it's niceee :D

+1 :D

Fliborecord holder Tournament #205/08/2008 23:27

Originally posted by Igge
[blockquote]ye, maybe call it kz_lostworld2?[/blockquote]

That was a good name. Actually I think the this map has been made in the same way as lostworld. Lostworld was a good map which deserved the kz tag. This one looks like something you have made during a very boring weekend and I don't like the result.
My suggestion is to name it lostworld2 and use a custom tag. Or you could change the theme to something else and make another kz map.

[blockquote]actually now it looks more like kzm_tinymountain mix with kz_lostworld[/blockquote]

There is a big difference between this map and tinymountain. Solid spent time to make a good looking realistic mountain which makes his map so awesome. This map is using straight walls with a mountain texture which looks ugly everytime it's used. Doesn't matter which map it is. Solid showed with his map that it's possible to vertex the mountain blocks so much as it looks like a real mountain. This map doesn't even have potential of a realistic mountain :(


A little offtopic, but s0lid NEVER uses vertex when making cliffs :)

On topic, this map looks tooo much like lostworld or greencave. Try to come up with something new and maybe some slanted walls etc.

Pf0llz0r mapper05/08/2008 23:35

Looks ALOT better now :)
The water gives the map life imo.

GL with it :)

mtoboiii8000 mapper05/08/2008 23:42

Again, i call this style and im not such a good mapper pls remember that -.-

mtoboiii8000 mapper05/08/2008 23:44

and btw you may not see it too good bur the lowest area has slanted walls! And for the rest its pretty hard (for me) to do without making invalids :(

ajR`06/08/2008 01:12

Looks really nice, gj so far.

CothA06/08/2008 01:19

Originally posted by ajR`
Looks really nice, gj so far.

remake06/08/2008 01:28

River is sexy. I'm sure that it will be very nice map.

dezkit06/08/2008 01:33

awfag_b02

mtoboiii8000 mapper06/08/2008 01:36

hehe yea thats the project name xD! btw i worked on the walls a bit! when theres some bigger changes ill post them! will be soon i guess. Im working rly hard on it :D
today like idk maybe 6 hours :D

s0liD mapper06/08/2008 10:11

You are ruining all the fun :( .. I know its very exciting to get a lot of comments on your work but showing EVERY SINGLE PIECE of the map is dumb in my opinion. If youre gonna continue with this the map wont have a single thing to discover.

Offtopic : Guys Im seriously not such good mapper... Im just a guy that likes making something that looks good... Anyway the mountain scenery made on tinymountain was very fast and It took me like 2 hours for the whole layout...
I NEVER use vertext tool for making mountains... Every single unit of the cliff is clipped... I figured how to make AWESOME looking cliffs/mountains/rocks with the clip tool :)

FragMcCracken mapper06/08/2008 11:54(edited 06/08/2008 11:54)

to the pics of update3:
the look is very good imo, i hope the jumps will be as good as the look. but pls kick the spikes in the river at pic number one. they dont fit to a "nature" theme imo cuz in the nature is nothing symmetric

wRath` mapper06/08/2008 16:51

Yeah, I also think that previewing the map is removing the surprise-part.

And I am also a clipper :D

remake06/08/2008 16:55

Ye, I clip the walls too, and i though that i'm the only jerk who do a walls from that way, but like i see, i'm not :p

Igge09/08/2008 17:08

[blockquote]and btw i didnt see u making the "map of the year" recently![/blockquote]

Why do you respond with a sentence like this?
Do you have to be a pro mapper to give bad comments about maps. I don't think so! What I can give you is my feelings and thoughts as a descent mapper and active kz player. That's enough for judging a map.

[blockquote]And sry but i think you are the only one so for who doesnt like the textures![/blockquote]

What are you sorry for? Am I a fool because I think the textures are bad? You don't have to be sorry because people are different and have different thoughts about different things.

You have to take criticism better young boy. If you only want good comments about your map please write it in your topic or first post. There are enough mappers like you out there. No need for more!

I could end my quotes like you did to me but I rather don't.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #213/08/2008 21:17

kz_zelda_ikana_valley ;)

clair mapper13/08/2008 21:58

Igge you're talking down to mentalo, and by saying your last phrase, you're doing exactly what you said you won't.

It may look very similar to lostworld mentalo, but if you make the jumps totally different, then it won't be the same.

PaPuS13/08/2008 22:01

I look really nice job man ! but wtf 46.7% :D:D:D

Page 3 of 4

Please log in to post replies.