CJ HJ LJ Explanation

Started by fufna
06/08/2008 02:29
Page 2 of 2
CothA31/08/2008 15:56(edited 31/08/2008 15:56)

check this out http://www.sendspace.com/file/a1d2aq

look i didn't do it but i was close to do it i hope i did right that technique.

P.S. I didn't do it cuz i suck.

wRath` mapper31/08/2008 17:48(edited 31/08/2008 19:05)

I'll try it for you IchWill ;)

Edit my post if I make it.

EDIT: I didn't make it, but I was 1 unit away from it ;)

Well I think you should get the idea, this is the right approach at least: http://dump.no/files/51ee19e5cbb8/siege-trick-close.rar

First CJ to get as far on the container as you can, then spam duck to hold a good speed and keep moving, then jump.

Grrr31/08/2008 19:51

thanx wrath :) u was soo close.. and u're skilled :P

wRath` mapper31/08/2008 22:24

Thank you ;)

SwiftSpear07/09/2008 01:00

Originally posted by wRath`
Well you aren't as good at explaining yourself either.
Your explanation of HJ is totally wrong. HJ is a longjump with edgefriction, a little 12-13 units zone at the edge of the blocks. To jump hjs you need to jump at the right time to skip this zone, and therefore you will get further than if you walked all the way to the edge on it.
You need to do that pre Fact did to make a 235 hj with 240.

TY, I didn't really understand HJ, Do you know any more about edgefriction? Is it CS exclusive, or HL/quake legacy? Did it make it through to HL2? How/when was it discovered and do we have any good guesses for why it was implemented in the first place? How is it calculated which edges get edgefriction and which don't?

I was assuming the HJ mechanics had something to do with the same edge calculations responsible for edgebugging, but in reverse, causing you to miss vs causing you to hit the edge for no damage.

wRath` mapper07/09/2008 02:58

I think the edgefriction is on edges higher than 70 units or something. And if there is a little edge by the edge you are jumping from, the edgefriction will be gone.
And it is in the HL engine.
You'll have to ask someone else about the rest.

knfw0w11/09/2008 09:41

wrath can u reupload the demos ? all the techniques :D

wRath` mapper11/09/2008 15:28

Of course

Here you go, http://dump.no/files/7917a11b1916/Techniques.rar

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.