Razer vs Logi

Started by deus?
16/09/2008 09:12
Page 1 of 3
deus?16/09/2008 09:12

Hello xj,

Ive been using Logi G5 mouse for about 1 year (or more, i cant remember) and her wheel fucked up kinda fast. Anyway, i was trying to handle and control that shit while playing, until tomorrow, when i fucked up my xtremeblock run thanks to dd instead of jump. And now my G5 is dead, being smashed hard at the wall. So im about to buy a new mouse as soon as possible, and im thinking about razer deathadder now. But i know nothing about razers, so can any1 describe what they are about and pluses or minuses (if they have them). I can read any description about that mouse at web, but i want to hear comments from people who use it.
I slightly remember that somewhere was a thread with mice discussions, but i cant find it. So if ure lazy to post answers, u can simply post that link :>
P.S. I u will be fast with answers, maybe ill buy ma razer today after work .:>
P.P.S. And im sorry for my poor english (again) :<

StormZz16/09/2008 09:20

stay g5
I changed from razer diamondback to g5 and the difference was huge!(in a good way)
I'm not going into detail but u can't do anything wrong with g5 -> the scroll is awesome
Hint:just don't smash it g5s tend to get easily broken.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #216/09/2008 09:20

Are you a longjumper or a climber?

Lolo`16/09/2008 09:24(edited 16/09/2008 09:25)

dude, u can configure razer DA for "your hand".
so razer da = perfect strafe control.

deus?16/09/2008 09:25(edited 16/09/2008 09:28)

Originally posted by ndR
Are you a longjumper or a climber?

Im all around.
Originally posted by StormZz
stay g5
I changed from razer diamondback to g5 and the difference was huge!(in a good way)
I'm not going into detail but u can't do anything wrong with g5 -> the scroll is awesome
Hint:just don't smash it g5s tend to get easily broken.

Wheel was awesome until fucked up, and i was dissapointed that it happened so fast - mouse havent been smashed before.

StormZz16/09/2008 09:26

stay g5 !

CothA16/09/2008 09:28

I'm with Logitech MX518 and I think it's best for me.

Lolo`16/09/2008 09:29(edited 16/09/2008 09:30)

and diamondback is not a deathadder :>

ndR moviemaker Tournament #216/09/2008 09:34

It seems to me that Razer mouses are better for longjumping.

Personally, I own a MX 518 and it's a very good mouse, its best quality is polyvalence.

I've never tested a G5 btw.

deus?16/09/2008 09:44

what means polyvalence? o_O

tracey blast mapper16/09/2008 09:46(edited 22/10/2010 17:15)

. XD

deus?16/09/2008 09:52(edited 16/09/2008 09:54)

Originally posted by tranCyfast
Originally posted by deus?
when i fucked up my xtremeblock run thanks to dd instead of jump. And now my G5 is dead, being smashed hard at the wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsom99Ds43U

:D not that way... but those dds were really annoying all the time, i ran out of ciggarets, and that was like 20th run after fucked runs by stupid mistakes, so my nerves cant handle that anymore :/ stay on topic please.

StormZz16/09/2008 09:57

stay on topic,stay g5
Or do it like I do
Buy new mouse,test it and give it back if u don't like it
Always works for me

deus?16/09/2008 10:05

Originally posted by StormZz
stay on topic,stay g5
Or do it like I do
Buy new mouse,test it and give it back if u don't like it
Always works for me

well u have to play for some time to feel the mouse, and i dont have a lot of time so it may take me a ~week. I guess i wont be able to return that unless its damaged...

Dragon16/09/2008 10:11

hi, I've been playing counter-strike for like 7 years now and I've tested various type of gaming mice. according to my experiences and experiences of many people I know, there is only one thing I can say - do NOT buy a razer. there is a very high chance that it will break in some way , most likely the cable, but there are also other things that can go wrong , i.e. buttons (=random doubleclicks, no reaction when you click etc.). it's not uncommon that it breaks after half a year of using. razer mice are VERY light, you almost don't feel them in your hand, therefore you've got a lot less precision and control. leave the colorful razers for girls and children and buy a normal mouse = mx518, another g5. to be fair I have to say that razer made one mouse that shouldn't be called razer and that is Deathadder, so if there were no logitechs on stock I'd buy this one.

StormZz16/09/2008 10:23

There u go deus :]

Murvelman16/09/2008 10:36

Yeah i would probably say logitech too. I currently use a G5, but i used to play with a Copperhead and i agree that the scroll is much better on the G5. I don't think there's any difference when strafing, it's just what you're used to :D

deus?16/09/2008 11:05(edited 16/09/2008 11:06)

btw, are there any weight plugins like g5 ones for razers? and how much they differs from g5: weight/comfort etc.
i see that many ppl choosing g5, but... if wheel will break again and become out of control so fast, that wont be cool anymore :/

TinTin16/09/2008 11:21(edited 16/09/2008 11:29)

I've owned and tested several mice, logitech and razer, and i've had nothing but bad experience with the razer ones (the copperhead even gave me a huge blister).
If you are used to the g5 i would suggest that u stick to that, i used mine for 1-2 years without any problems (I think u where unlucky that the wheel on yours broke), changed to mx518 recently and i'm loving it even more than g5. Only thing is to get used to it. The wheel on mx518 is much more sensitive/easier to scroll than g5 (i still get jumps when i doubleduck :E ).

So all in all i would suggest that you stick to g5 (might take time to get used to another mouse).
Razer = sucks

k3G16/09/2008 11:22

i uesd MX 518, but I always think that's the reason why i can't jump 255 ^^
maybe cuz the bad keyboard , but who knows
i just hate why can't i be freek in ljs

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.