Razer vs Logi

Started by deus?
16/09/2008 09:12
Page 2 of 3
Kevlarrrr16/09/2008 12:21

i have a "ball" mouse, i suggest you get one too.

Hate Logitech fans, they always blame razers for nothing, only because it's a rival corporation. I've played on g5, mx518, razer cooperhead, diamondback and now I own DeathAdder. All I can say that no one of those mouses can concure against DeathAdder. I have DA for a year now and I haven't any problem with it for so long. Most of razers can be bad, because they are using laser which are not the best for mouses. DA is using the best optical sensor. I've read lot of tests about mouses and DA was on first place in almost every test. Ergonomic for right hand, good looking, great precission, no backward acceleration, ideal scroll (not like loud g5 scroll), material, buttons places.

Sorry for bad English, I just get up from bed and saw this thread. Since I own DA I think, I can say TRUE words about it - not only pointless spam like "razer sucks, buy g5". g5 is also a good mouse, I just don't like it ergonomic. It's too big for me and some of buttons are placed wrong.

ajR`16/09/2008 14:03(edited 16/09/2008 14:04)

Mx518 is nice and lasts a long time. (My current mouse)

If your G5 broke in a short time of buying it, you should call Logitech Corp. and tell them what happened; they will more than likely send you a new one.

If I were to get a new one, I want to try Razer DeathAdder though.

mjuuh16/09/2008 14:42

I had mx510 like 4 years, i couldn`t do better than 252 lj and I wasn`t really good at kz with it. Now I bought a razer DA like 1-2 months ago. After that I have done 255lj and I´ve been much better at kz with it. I love that mouse. But now (2 days ago) I was playing kz and I heard a little "crash" on my mousewheel and it get stucked. It hasn`t worked after that..so I had to send it back. ("waiting for the new one, lol")

I suggest you to buy a razer DA.
It has:
-great shape and feel for your hand
-good grip
-good mousewheel (even though I broke it..)
-high accuracy


Insane6316/09/2008 15:38

hello, how about dpi? what difference about 1800 and 2000 dpi? but razer have 1800 dpi & G5 2000 dpi
it's the same or not?

deus?16/09/2008 16:00

Ive ordered a new G5 :> Thanks for your replies!

Dragon16/09/2008 17:23

gj deus.. insane : dpi really don't matter from 400 dpi and more...unless you're working professionaly with photoshop

Originally posted by deus?
Ive ordered a new G5 :> Thanks for your replies!


You've turned into the dark side :P

Vyrus16/09/2008 22:38

Originally posted by ndR
It seems to me that Razer mouses are better for longjumping.

Personally, I own a MX 518 and it's a very good mouse, its best quality is polyvalence.

I've never tested a G5 btw.

MX518 my ass, it's just a huge lump of a mouse.

Choosing a good mouse is just a matter of opinion, and most of the players will call their own mouse "the best", because they've got used to it. Nowadays the accuracy is pretty much equally good (optical vs optical, laser vs laser ofc) in most of the "gaming mice", so you should just go to a shop and test what mouse feels the best in your hand instead of asking other people what they recommend.

I quoted ndr's post because of that fat word, which he probably looked up from a dictionary to appear smart. :|

joel17/09/2008 21:07

deus , did you have the old or refreshed version of G5 which one got broken?

DiDo-Grecord holder17/09/2008 21:10

Logitech g5 and mx 518 are the best imo. (for climbing)

SchlumPF17/09/2008 22:34

i have tested many razer mice and the common logitech products (mx518 g3, g5, g7 unfortunately no g9) and all i can say is that all logitech mice are awesome. they feel very good, they are precise and they never broke when i used them xD ok once my cable got broken but that was my fault (that fault made me send in my g5 v1 and the mouse which came back was a g5 refresh :D). razer mice do not feel good for me and somehow i hate to much them. it is just a strage feeling xD

anyway all ppl i know in rl (who tested razer and logitech mice) bought the logitech one so i would always prefer a g5!

deus?18/09/2008 10:10(edited 18/09/2008 10:13)

Originally posted by joel
deus , did you have the old or refreshed version of G5 which one got broken?

yes i had v1 one, now i got v2 :> and i love it, wheel seems to be better, not loud as in old one.

aftermatch-_-19/09/2008 19:47

omg deus i fucked up my wheel too ... now on each like 10 jumps i dd instead of jump which fucks up everything .. gotta repair mi mouse ;( btw im with mx518

DodgeViper27/09/2008 15:35

and mjuuh what is u'r setup with razer DA ... dpi? windows sens? enhance pointer precision on/off? noforce ? and which sens u use...i have g5 and i can't jump more than 252 got once 253...distance...block 250...nothing special...i have tested DA once it's totally difference from MX or g logitech classes but it's ok for me :D

MAEXi27/09/2008 19:41

Originally posted by Dragon
hi, I've been playing counter-strike for like 7 years now and I've tested various type of gaming mice. according to my experiences and experiences of many people I know, there is only one thing I can say - do NOT buy a razer. there is a very high chance that it will break in some way , most likely the cable, but there are also other things that can go wrong , i.e. buttons (=random doubleclicks, no reaction when you click etc.). it's not uncommon that it breaks after half a year of using. razer mice are VERY light, you almost don't feel them in your hand, therefore you've got a lot less precision and control. leave the colorful razers for girls and children and buy a normal mouse = mx518, another g5. to be fair I have to say that razer made one mouse that shouldn't be called razer and that is Deathadder, so if there were no logitechs on stock I'd buy this one.


i can mostly confirm this. tested 2 razer moce and BOTH got this issues with random double clicks etc after a short time.

logitech ftw

ajR`27/09/2008 20:53

Got a new MX518 today, for free. OWNED.

leggie27/09/2008 22:36

it was a replacement for your old one which you broke by using it to much though right? free waranty ftw. btw logitech g5s are very nice, there not to big and your hand fits perfectly plus you can adjust the weight of it.... really good imo

PaPuS28/09/2008 13:38

good luck with your new a mouse :)

deus?01/10/2008 09:00

hm, 1000mhz isnt a joke :> i feel big difference between my old g5 and v2, cant strafe good atm at lj, but bhop and climb are definetly great with this mouse :>

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.