Fun KZ experiences

21/09/2008 21:18
Page 1 of 2
Scary Tournament #221/09/2008 21:18(edited 22/09/2008 11:30)

Well, I thought that it's been a while since there have been a interesting thread so I thought that this one would be kind of fun.

Tell something fun you experienced in KZ. It can be everything.

One of my stories:
I sat on IRC and was bored as a fly in a box, suddenly tarGet msg'ed me and said something like "Join this IP xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx you don't want to miss this for gold!!!" - I joined the server and found seaK, tarGet and T3dbundy was on it. It has password and they told me "no invites". I had no clue what was going on at that point. They changed to map to valleyclimb and slayed me and seaK.
Then they began, and it was probably one of the most intense moment I've seen in my time of KZ, two of the greatest players of all time, against eachother, on a map that T3d declared as HIS map.
Well, the match began and they were both so fast, tarGet bhopped a lot, T3d speedclimbed. But they were overall equally fast. T3d had some lengths though. When T3d came to the SC, he saw tarGet coming right behind him. And the thing was that, tarGet saw T3d in front of him, so he had to bhop the SC. And T3d saw that tarGet bhopped, so he had to take the jump too fast to gain enough speed. Well what happened was nothing else than breathtaking. For the first time I had seen somebody bhop the valleyclimb SC. And for the first time I had seen T3dbundy fail on his favourite map. tarGet won the battle and T3dbundy climbed back up and succeeded the jump. Well tarGet was right, I wouldn't miss it for gold.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #221/09/2008 22:18

Well... I don't have such detailed stories, just little nice things :P

The first one was my first cup. It was a 4-player cup, and I was against tarGet in kz_j2s_summercliff_ez. The cupadmin told me to put sv_luck 1 :D. Well, then the match starterd and I managed to get to the lead because tarGet fell and died, but then I fell myself and lost the match :*(

The second one was when I somehow got to a server with NiconeN and silver- and such jumpers, the map was kzfr_longjump. That was the first time someone explained me what prestrafe was. So, then silver- tried to teach it to me desperately and while we were on it, NiconeN jumped 254. We were like "ZOMG!!", but soon the server admin revealed us that he put sv_gravity 795 :)


Well, that's not much, but something! I don't have clear memories from other occasions :S

ALFRED ftw!21/09/2008 22:48(edited 21/09/2008 22:49)

Heres one of them:
I was surfing around on surf_water-run_rmk(i was xtreme noob jumper and noob surfer at that time) and i came to the last room with awp, lj's etc.
At that time i didn't even knew whats kz and lj was, and i just tried jumping 235. Some days ago i actually saw a player airstrafing and jumped like 240, but at that time i didnt even think about to learn it. But yeah, i just for fun tried to do like him, and when i got 5 hp's left I MADE IT ! I know its nooby, but the amazing was, that i didnt know whats lj and airstrafe means at that time! xD

MAEXi22/09/2008 04:09(edited 22/09/2008 04:11)

some years ago i jumped a lot on 4players server (with an other nick). at that time even XJ wasn't founded and later every advanced kz stuff was going on on kzmaps.co.uk. for a few weeks i jumped a lot with a guy called T3dbundy... he just started with kz and begin to show up every day on that server. i was way ahead of him in terms of jumping at this point.. but he was a cool guy to hang around with. i remember when he couldnt even finish sk pro climbing faster than me but he was fast at getting better... realy fast. we played till late in the night alone on the server and tested every possible shit on maps and stuff... that was fun. asix also played in his early kz beeing on this server - i remember when he couldnt even strafe around a corner haha. ev0 was at that point ahead to most other jumpers on this server. i was close to him. i could beat him on some maps but at least he had more maps to beat me. later i recorded a few WR and submited at kzmaps.co.uk (that was in the early helferlein era or berfore if i remember correct). the funny thing is.. ev0 told me that he's looking for good jumpers to found something (XJ) but i refused as i was going to be inactive soon... ev0 was spamming all the time his "visit us -> xj link here <- blah" on the server.. yes it was annoying -.- so annoying that i registered in the end ^^

now i see what ev0's "hey i'm going to start something..." turned into..gg

Scary Tournament #222/09/2008 13:49

Lol crazy story! Good job evo!! :D

zyllEE22/09/2008 14:24

I saw a0ke playing on a swedish public gun server 2 days ago. And yes it was him. uber moment aswell!

Kevlarrrr22/09/2008 15:01

zyllEE sent me a file, i downloaded it, extracted it, double clicked the file and it didnt open, so i read it and it was a batch file, and i laughed for about 5 mins at how lucky i was.

colix mapper22/09/2008 15:57

the best story that i can remember now .. hmm my first cup, just like flibo :D so, i was playing against bl00d_d00d. ofc he was leading, but suddenly he fell, so i was happy, so happy that i forgot i cant stay on the same block longer than ~5 seconds ... and i camped the last ~10-15 seconds, and lost the battle :D

veer22/09/2008 18:39

my first cup i got so nervous that i shit my pants.

st0ka22/09/2008 19:28(edited 22/09/2008 21:04)

Me and some mates were playing in a public server ~2 years ago after a 5on5 match. Then a guy from the opposite team entered and told us something like: "OK, u beat us at 5on5 but come at my LAN. I'll beat u in jumping." We were all like "WTF?! Jumping?" but anyways we entered it. The map was volcano. We lol'ed at it's size. It was the biggest map we'd ever seen. We started jumping which actually was more like falling on each jump but didn't gave up. The guy from the other team saw how impressed we are and told us that he's gonna show us something even more interesting. And he changed the map to megabhop. At that time the only thing we knew about bhopping was to strafe with "w" and jump with "space" on de_ maps. Now we had to deal with real bhop map. I spent the 3 or 4 hours trying to get the first tree bhop blocks. I gave up and fell asleep. But in the morning I did it from e few tries. Then I started doing it again and again and after successful try I sprayed the opposite side. I sprayed the whole wall and the ground I was so proud. Then a mate entered my LAN and I told him. I told him "Look at the sprays. Every spray equals successful try." And he told me: "I can't see anything". I realized that he just entered and that's why he can't see anything. I was so disappointed. Later on after a lot of geeking I reached the 4th part with the duckbhops. I didn't know what to do with them and the guy that showed us the map told me that this is some pretty hard jumps. He didn't know how to do them but he was sure that it involved a combination of duck,jump,strafe and walk. :o I entered IRC and joined #bulgarian-kreedz which was still pretty crowded at that time. The only person I knew was Scooter cuz I watched "ScooteR - Bulgarian power" and thought that he's the only one who can help me. I PMed him and asked him how to do these jumps. He thought that I'm asking how to do stand-up bhops and started explaining me. While he was explaining to me I realized that the guy who showed me the map is right and this duckbhops are very very hard. After that I entered my LAN and started geeking. Well in the end I found out that this isn't the way but my stand-up bhops were improved a lot. :D

bap22/09/2008 21:02

sticky +1

- i can't remember any kz experiences at the moment, but i'll post one up later.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #222/09/2008 21:55(edited 22/09/2008 22:00)

The time I beat kimo in a final of a french cup.
There was an HLTV with 50+ specs, this evening, I earned the respect of all the french community. I had started to play just some months ago, people didn't like me because my level was growing up so quickly, I was unknown at that time! One of my best KZ experience =)

But my best kz experience is, and without any doubt, when I travelled to China...
I met chinese climbers, they invited me to eat at restaurant, and at home, I visited their high school, they took pictures with me, I even signed autographes lol, I was shocked about how happy they were to meet me. It was my days of glory ^^

I enjoyed them as much as I could cuz' of course I knew it was temporary :P

lalevUl22/09/2008 22:45(edited 22/09/2008 22:47)

Originally posted by zyllEE
I saw a0ke playing on a swedish public gun server 2 days ago. And yes it was him. uber moment aswell!


You didnt, I did and then told u. damn liar! :P
And a0ke pwned @ pewpew btw!

leggie22/09/2008 23:33

Originally posted by ndR
The time I beat kimo in a final of a french cup.
There was an HLTV with 50+ specs, this evening, I earned the respect of all the french community. I had started to play just some months ago, people didn't like me because my level was growing up so quickly, I was unknown at that time! One of my best KZ experience =)

But my best kz experience is, and without any doubt, when I travelled to China...
I met chinese climbers, they invited me to eat at restaurant, and at home, I visited their high school, they took pictures with me, I even signed autographes lol, I was shocked about how happy they were to meet me. It was my days of glory ^^

I enjoyed them as much as I could cuz' of course I knew it was temporary :P

autographs lol

Murvelman23/09/2008 00:11

I remember when i had just started playing kz, i used to play kz_summercliff_ez and kz_jett_mountain all the time. One day summercliff was on the XJ server so i connected and started jumping. Suddenly i noticed that scary was on the server too (i had seen his name on the website, he had some WR's at the time) and i asked him if he was the "real" scary from denmark :D
He did 2:37 something and i was extremely impressed, rarely being able to do under 3 minutes myself.
I was so happy because i was playing on the same server as a pro :D

omilo23/09/2008 19:31

Good times = hanging out with target, soul, knifear, elite and timecard at vent all the time, talking BS and listening to knifears random "sayings" while speccing target or jumping. "Spoood beest" is the best quote ever from him :) . Later on Moxx and stukad started hanging on vent with us. Bunch of other KZ guys came and vent through the years.
Can't think of any one experience that was better then the rest ^^

itachi^23/09/2008 19:47

like 3 years ago after school, coming home, turning tv on, watching comic series and jump arround (noob as i am) on maps like gigablock or riverside

bap24/09/2008 17:55

Don't remember any kz experience that was more fun than the other. but i remember my first KZ experience! A friend told me to join the server he was on, (i only played regular cs back then and i didnt know what KZ was) and i was like. overwhelmed when i came into the server, first i tried shooting people, but that didnt help of course. (d'oh) and then he told me to jump on the blocks, and just try and get higher up, to the next block. and so on. And i stayed on that server for like 2 hours, just trying to complete the map with him. I even remember the map. Kz_Goldwood or something! And after that i was just hooked, i started KZ'ing and HNS'ing, and i've been jumping ever since.

Yamakasi24/09/2008 20:49

My better kz experiences was when i beat my first record for KZFR it was on kz_kzse_aztectemple , but 2 weeks later ndR beat me by 30 sec something like that x'D

veer24/09/2008 21:18

cups are always fun for me :D

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.