Good maps for stand-up practise

Started by Igge
24/09/2008 15:15
Page 1 of 3
Igge24/09/2008 15:15(edited 24/09/2008 17:52)

As title says I'm looking for maps where I can practise stand-up bhops. It doesn't have to be an official map. I'm far from a good stand-up bhopper so please don't mention too hard maps.
Thanks!

question:
Which keys do you use for jump and crouch?

VertikO24/09/2008 15:30

every bhopmap

Originally posted by VertikO
every bhopmap


Pathetic attempt to get post counts?

OT- bkz_goldbhop and/or bkz_junglebhop

veer24/09/2008 15:44

Originally posted by VertikO
every bhopmap


+1

even flat ground man

there is no map that is better

because stand ups are different depending on the direction you are going

like if you bhop up something then its going to be quicker standups and going down something its wierd to do a standup
and flat ground aswell

Igge24/09/2008 15:53

Well, actually I'm looking for a map which requires stand-ups. I've tried to practise stand-ups in easier maps like goldbhop/junglebhop but I don't really know if I make any progress because the blocks are so close to each other. I used to practise on the 3rd part in bn_tombbhop but it's too hard for me.

veer, lets say I'm jumping on flat ground. How do I know if I do a proper stand-up?

leggie24/09/2008 16:02(edited 24/09/2008 16:02)

kzm_fatalisbhop, perfect for standups

midian24/09/2008 16:10

For me, kz_kzdk_delianshop is the best map for standup bhops. That map was way to hard for me when I wasn't able to do standups, now I can do standups and it is a very easy map for me now.

Igge24/09/2008 16:18

leggie, Yeah fatalisbhop is a very good map but too easy. Sure it's good with different block heights but after jumping it a couple of times I can't say I was a better stand-up bhopper.

midian, Deliansbhop is good because you have to use your crouch key alot. You never need to do long bhops where you really need a proper stand-up, but it's a good map for practise crouch and bhop atthe same time. I get stuck at the stairs though :P

Questions:
Anyone know a good newbie guide for stand-ups?
I use scroll down to jump and shift to crouch. Is this wrong?

puppetz mapper24/09/2008 16:22

Igge, try and play along with a friend, where he runs, and you bhop. Set a "target" and whenever you can reach that faster than him, you know that your standups are good.

Also, I can often feel a big boost, when I've done a good standup. Sometimes the sound helps you too.

Well, hard bhopmaps would be the key. Maybe practice doing some bhopmap ONLY using standups, and see how that comes along, if you think maps like rabbithighway is too extreme.
Otherwise, watch many bhopdemos, cause it is often the speed/angle before you do the actual bhop, that will decide whether you will get far or not, and you should definitely be able to learn some tricks by watching demos from the good bhoppers like StormZz, Cordyline, heL, ChrizZo, etc.

Igge24/09/2008 16:40

Thanks puppetz for a great comment. I've never tried to jump with a friend like you said. I've tried to do bhop lj's to feel the big boost you're talking about. Only problem is that I feel a speed loss when I try to use stand-ups in bhop lj.

I use to practise in rabbithighway, but not 1337 room. It's a good map where stabd-ups can help you alot. But even if I feel good at stand-ups after completing it I can never do a harder bhop map afterwards.

I've watched alot of Chrizzo demos and spectated stormzz alot of times. Only in full speed though. The only thing I use to learn from them is to press the crouch key before you bhop, which is obvious.

VertikO24/09/2008 16:51

Originally posted by poof yAo
Originally posted by VertikO
every bhopmap


Pathetic attempt to get post counts?

OT- bkz_goldbhop and/or bkz_junglebhop


well isnt bhop maps good for practising? if not stfu then

lalevUl24/09/2008 16:55

j2s_4tunnels

bap24/09/2008 17:46(edited 24/09/2008 17:48)

as vertiko said, every (hard) bhopmap.
BUT, a map where you really need standup bhops.
I would reccomend bkz_goldbhop_v2! really, helped me alot with my standups.

ajR`24/09/2008 17:49

I use bap's head to do standups on.

Igge24/09/2008 17:56

vertikO and poof, please end your discussion or create your own thread.

bap, I've almost forgot goldbhop_v2. I'll geek that map for a few weeks and see if I can improve my stand-ups and hopefully be able to complete some of the hard bhop maps.

ajR, stop spamming my thread please.

aftermatch-_-24/09/2008 18:39

exodus_hard

Igge24/09/2008 18:44

Yeah aftermatch I've played that map alot of times. I use to give up after the second lj :P

boom.dll24/09/2008 18:58(edited 24/09/2008 19:00)

exodus_hard fo sho and rabbit+1337 and tombbhop...
other than that...do what puppetz said... he hit the spot with his perfect answer... :) try standuping on average bhop maps, or on easy bhop maps

edit: watch chrizzo`s demo on exodus_hard... u`ll see there the boost puppetz was talking about...

i myself use mwheeldown to jump and shift for ducking :)

leggie24/09/2008 19:15

up for jump down for duck, pwns so ahrd

cC|SpiNe24/09/2008 19:31

Yeah 4tunnels is good at the parts with a lot blocks that vary in height.

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.