Making risk_compound to a 2 ways map ?

Started by chrizZo
04/10/2008 18:01
Read-Only
Page 1 of 2
chrizZo04/10/2008 18:01(edited 04/10/2008 18:03)

I think the map deserves to be a 2 ways map. The shortcut destroys the map and noone is playing it because of this. I think the map deserves +shortcut / -shortcut ways and the mapper deserves that too. Post your opinion in here! I would say yes , because of the reasons I named!

kzro`sn00p04/10/2008 18:05

YES +1 !!!

mtoboiii8000 mapper04/10/2008 18:07

Well i created an equal thread but still! YES! Many maps should be devided! Maps like compund, ministry etc

c-walker`04/10/2008 18:09

IMO, that should be the best solution for all maps with huge shortcuts like compound, hetablock, etc..

st@mbeto. mapper04/10/2008 18:23

+1 ;)

pLaguE^04/10/2008 18:25

I believe that all maps wit these kind of scs should definately be devided into +shortcut/-shortcut

I completely agree with chrizzo

TT.04/10/2008 18:30

agree too , some map are good and must be played "normal" way

sj04/10/2008 18:38

--> http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?87571.20

Fliborecord holder Tournament #204/10/2008 19:09

Originally posted by C-WaLKeR`
IMO, that should be the best solution for all maps with huge shortcuts like compound, hetablock, etc..


That would just bring us many more new demos of SAME maps. Would it be funny if there's like 5 records for hetablock :&? The maps with these huge shortcuts should be updated imo if the mapper wants.

yYy.Je PR@BR@05/10/2008 08:07

agree with chrizzo

s1gh05/10/2008 09:51

I don't think that every map should get a +sc and -sc. But the crew should make an exception for this map, if you ask me. It is essentially the same thing as a map like kz_fairy_island, which has an 11 sec sc and a normal route.
Flibo is generally right though. You can do this for something like hetablock because each map will start getting too many records.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #205/10/2008 10:34(edited 05/10/2008 10:36)

Originally posted by s1gh
I don't think that every map should get a +sc and -sc. But the crew should make an exception for this map, if you ask me. It is essentially the same thing as a map like kz_fairy_island, which has an 11 sec sc and a normal route.
Flibo is generally right though. You can do this for something like hetablock because each map will start getting too many records.


I agree with the exception thingy, but actually fairy_island was split because the faster way was considered as a secret route (it requires a password), not an actual shortcut.

As a little offtopic, in my opinion clintmo_longjumper should be removed. It's basically so raped already. Its all 3 way's world records only include ONE actual jump in the map. And 2 of the world records don't even jump the jump in the actual route! As a sidenote, it's pretty ugly. If kz_beginner was removed, then why not clintmo_longjumper? I enjoy kz_beginner much more :S

FragMcCracken mapper05/10/2008 13:06

but the problem is to decide, which map should have 2 routes. if we allow 2 routes at compound, many more mappers want their maps splitted into 2 routes as well.

`ScraP Tournament #205/10/2008 13:38

let the community decide....

IMO^^

HeBTeMy05/10/2008 14:34

+1 chrizZo

leggie05/10/2008 15:50(edited 05/10/2008 15:51)

this i agree with, maps with redicules shortcuts like this deserve +and- shortcut

chrizZo05/10/2008 15:56

I only asked for compound btw.... maps like kz_rambo_xen have these shortcuts as well, I know. but this shortcut for example is a teleport shortcut and the mapper made it this way. He wanted this shortcut, so its his own "fault" that there is no other way or something.
But I mean for risk_compound... you don't jump even one jump of the map. the map is kinda useless, everytime this map is running on public, people only doing this shortcut and so on. I know people who don't even know the real way. my point was that the mapper deserves a record on his map, because he didn't want that sc in his map. I don't know another map that has this kind of map destroyer shortcut, so basically I think you shouldn't compare that to other maps, where you have to jump 1 minute and then there is a uber shortcut to the end or something.

Igge05/10/2008 16:33

I think it's a good idea You can compare this to kz_fairy_island where you can skip the whole map. Risk_compound and kzse_bhopblock should also have a +secret and -secret way if fairy island has.

Z0ck3rOO705/10/2008 16:54

risk_compound have 2 other big scs, so it doesnt really matter :)

puppetz mapper05/10/2008 17:00

Originally posted by Igge
I think it's a good idea You can compare this to kz_fairy_island where you can skip the whole map. Risk_compound and kzse_bhopblock should also have a +secret and -secret way if fairy island has.


The +secret way on fairy_island is called secret, 'cause it was supposed to be some kind of secret room with a code, I guess. It's a teleport in the bottom of the map, and I don't think Angie made that 'cause she wanted it to be a shortcut to the end, that destroyed the map.
kzse_bhopblock is a simple, old-fashion shortct, there's shortcuts like this too on kz_42_amazon and kz_ew_forsakenmines etc., only the sc on bhopblock is a lot harder. Well, it skips a lot yes, but the map IS pretty short anyway, in my opinion it's fine as it is, also 'cause of the difficulty of it.

Btw, I agree with compound for sure. Maybe we will see Tommy JN back in business if he gets notified about this. ;) He's a great mapper.

Well, FragMC is right. If this has to be changed, we will have to either break the rules, or make a new one. I don't know what the new one would be, maybe something like "If you don't touch any part of the real map, another route should be created.".

Page 1 of 2