Player size

Started by Lt.RAT
18/10/2008 19:27
Page 1 of 2
Lt.RAT18/10/2008 19:27

I want to move that http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=78817&page=2 thread and discussion to XJ...

I did a test:
1) player1 stand near wall
2) player2 stand near first player
3) retrieve origins of players...

results
1) player1 position {-3344.031250, -3808.000000, 36.031250}
player2 position {-3376.062500, -3808.000000, 36.031250}
difference = playerSize is (-3344.031250 - -3376.062500) = 32.03125

So, why playerSize in fps-admin-death and ljstats is 32.0625 and not 32.03125 ? :)

ova18/10/2008 20:55(edited 18/10/2008 20:55)

dunno if i rly understand the main issue but i have a question
whats the min distance you can jump (for ex) a 250 ljblock (supose the jump is flawless and youre measuring tool also ~) ?

Grrr18/10/2008 21:31

isn't that player's wide ? , what about players height ? what is his height ducked ? (its good to know for model's size) :)

Lt.RAT18/10/2008 22:22

1) 250 lj block isn`t 250 lj block, it`s really (250 - 0.03125*2) = 249.9375, so with perfect jump you can jump less than 250 units...

that 0.03125*2 block less ( *2 - coz both sides of block) all players can see in SchlumPF /measure plugin...

But, Another question... TraceLine have expanded hull or not... if it have -> our block less only on 0.015625*2 units...

2) yep, players wide... player height have same effect... as u can see our Z position is 36.031250, but really positions of the block is Integer values...
Engine adds some units to it, and to player, and after it we get that 0.03125 addition...

So, if it adds to player and to block, our real height is 64.03125...
etc

3) As we can see, we need to recalculate all LJ records... coz they all should be less, but not much, but 0.03125 unit :) Hope that i`m wrong, and exists third variant :)

NumB19/10/2008 01:20

fps-death is using a bit other calculation than amxx. I can only say that yeap... You'r right... Offset is wrong in ljstats. But it was created by older calculation of fps-death... Weird... Last time I don't feel like ljstats creator any more. Probably cuz of rat. Ok. Anyway: don't like to admit it but for the first time for me you'r right.

ova19/10/2008 08:48

i said that cuz supa once jumped the 250 on catacombsbhop on phoogi server with 249.98smth (acording to ljstats , it had lt.rat edition + bhop stats)

Fliborecord holder Tournament #219/10/2008 12:49(edited 19/10/2008 12:50)

Originally posted by Lt.RAT
1) 250 lj block isn`t 250 lj block, it`s really (250 - 0.03125*2) = 249.9375, so with perfect jump you can jump less than 250 units...

that 0.03125*2 block less ( *2 - coz both sides of block) all players can see in SchlumPF /measure plugin...

But, Another question... TraceLine have expanded hull or not... if it have -> our block less only on 0.015625*2 units...

2) yep, players wide... player height have same effect... as u can see our Z position is 36.031250, but really positions of the block is Integer values...
Engine adds some units to it, and to player, and after it we get that 0.03125 addition...

So, if it adds to player and to block, our real height is 64.03125...
etc

3) As we can see, we need to recalculate all LJ records... coz they all should be less, but not much, but 0.03125 unit :) Hope that i`m wrong, and exists third variant :)


That 0.03125... I assume it comes when you compile your map with default cliptype settings, and your blocks somehow expand a bit (a big cause of wallbugs btw -.-). But if you modify your cliptype, the amount of expansion actually becomes larger or smaller. So it actually depends on the map also?

EDIT: Lol, just figured out that it's because of your player model :p or?

Acidas19/10/2008 13:33

NumB: Why are you mad at Lt.RAT? If you dont release new ljstats, why could he do that?

Lt.RAT: Nice found man! Make new ljstats with that calculation! Waiting for public ljstats...

SchlumPF19/10/2008 19:50(edited 19/10/2008 20:40)

flibo is right vis/bsp or sth (if i remember right) makes blocks a bit larger than they are in vhe (im not a mapper but afaik good mappers know about this since its the reason for wallbugs)

NumB19/10/2008 23:26(edited 19/10/2008 23:29)

Originally posted by Acidas
NumB: Why are you mad at Lt.RAT? If you dont release new ljstats, why could he do that?


Cuz I'm one hungered percent sure that when I'll release new mega ljstats he will just modify one tiny little thing and take all cheers for himself like he did before. That's the biggest reason why I don't wanna script new ljstats, but must.

Cuz what he did comparing to me is just took my place in kz-scene. I thought it's impossible with plugins but it seems that I was wrong. For example. Lets take some jumper from top5 wr holders. Let it be brian. And suddenly in one demo release some new freak beat all his record leaving him with nothing except just a small memory of all his hard work. How would he feel? Just like I did when Lt.Rat just showed up. I know that it's wrong to be mad at him, but I have full rights 2 be so. So soorrrry... But why the f*ck you just couldn't create something like new jump plugin (people really need it - scriptors will agree that there is no good jump plugins at all). Ow and did I mentioned that before that I gave my kz-jump-plugin pack (what was really private thing for me) for his server?

So answer me - how should I feel after helping people and later they are throwing rocks in my back!? A!? Or maybe I should act like some god damn f*cked machine or an inet virus what has no feelings?

P.S. I hope finally you'll stop asking this questions about ljstats & leave me alone... When I won't feel so much hatred to him & every1 2 who I gave my pack, who are using his edition, and will feel like being ready to trust some1 again I'll script ljstats plugin not with need but for interest (like all scriptors should). So now if you don't mind I'll say 1 comment about all this what is related with Lt.Rat's edition: get lost!

P.S2. And am critically sorry if I insulted anyone (I tried the best I could for not making it). And for now all what I can say is: have a good day or whatever time is there.

cC|Stewie!20/10/2008 00:39

well i for 1 would like to say that ur not a "small memory"
We all know what u have done, and LtRats edition isnt on many servers, because he never released it

Cant we all just get along?

Numb, u have made LOADS of plugins that ur known for(not in the KZ world)
All the numorous bug fixes u released on AM?
your name is still in 99.9% of LJStats code

Nobody is "throwing rocks at your back"
we all still love u :)
...
Well
At least I do ;)

NumB20/10/2008 01:53

Originally posted by Stewie!
well i for 1 would like to say that ur not a "small memory"
We all know what u have done, and LtRats edition isnt on many servers, because he never released it

Cant we all just get along?

Numb, u have made LOADS of plugins that ur known for(not in the KZ world)
All the numorous bug fixes u released on AM?
your name is still in 99.9% of LJStats code

Nobody is "throwing rocks at your back"
we all still love u :)
...
Well
At least I do ;)


Thanks. I needed that. :)

SchlumPF20/10/2008 09:44

i <3 you even more than Stewie ever did or will!

eMTi20/10/2008 13:04(edited 20/10/2008 13:05)

so we all love eachother. nice to know.

btt:
rat, what exactly did you measure? The centers of the players boxes? If so, could it be that this centerpoint isn't 100% exact?
That would cause little differences when measuring only because player dont look in the same direction (angles and so on).
Hope you could follow my thoughts ;)

NumB20/10/2008 13:49

Ontopic: I made a custom origin get plugin and belive it or not - player size isn't 32.0625 like eDark wrote - it's actually 32.03125 (everyone makes mistakes, so let's not start looking for person to blame =) ). And what about xj lj rec list - it uses much more advanced calculation what amxx probably cannot even support.

Offtopic: thanks m8s! <3 you for it. ;)

PrEn1uMz20/10/2008 14:45

omg all this shit for a stupid plugin..

Lt.RAT20/10/2008 15:36

love you too :D and for your kz-pack and sorry that i took your "child" and add to this some features...
but ~1 year ago, i need strafeData for my LJ scripts, coz i cannot do it without it, than need bhop statistics with strafedata for BJ script etc... much longer to wait you, and not you... other scripters too, for thing you need...

About "brian" and "some new freak" and "How would he feel?".... what should do that "new freak" if he have wr ?)
Ask awaY about his wr in HJ and new FoF demo... he will say - "he beat it - great"...

"my" (coz it`s not my, i`ve only work on some plugins for it) server consist of NumB`s plugin ~80%...

and ontopic:
2 eMTi - its 32.03125 :)

>>"And what about xj lj rec list - it uses much more advanced calculation what amxx probably cannot even support."

but not in distance calculation...
I know, and i think that you know, how fps-death-adminVer calculate this distance...
So, i want to (optionally) show to player not only recalculated distance, but and distance that will be in LJ Records... and i need to know, admins will change player wide to 32.03125 or still stand on 32.0625 (to show correct value, that in LJ Records) :)

PS if someone took "child" - and modify it, think that will be mad too... but with such "rocks" from other ppl :(

Kevlarrrr20/10/2008 17:01

can you guys speak english and stop being so childish, Numb take him to court if your so bothered

eDark20/10/2008 19:55(edited 20/10/2008 22:26)

playersize isn t 32.0625 and it isn t 32.03125 it s exactly 32 units and you can land or jump only if you re closer or equal to 16 units away from an edge.
the wrong value of 32.0625 was the result of the collision distance to blocks it always keeps 0.03125 units between player and block but not between players.
so xj will use 32 units in the future
sry for messing this up first :/

now to your other thread with the edark distance thing ^^
the distance in numbs plugin is calculated with one frame precision so he is using one origin in relation to the landing to calculate the distance.
in fps-death it is using all origins of a jump and calculates the mean value so that value should be more accurate

Grrr20/10/2008 19:56

what big sence makes 0.03125 units differece?

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.