Units Calculator v03
Hi,
i just finished the work on the new units calculator^^
Info:
You can calculate how many units you would have jumped with other weapons, all other will be explained in the program.
Downloadlink:
http://home.arcor.de/z0ck3r007/Units-calculator_v03.exe INACCURATE VERSION, I WILL FIX IT AS SOON AS MY TIME ALLOWS
If you want to use decimals use "." (without "") to do it :)
For Example: Enter the Prestrafe you had in the jump: 271.8382910
If you don't trust me and want to see the sourcecode, msg me at irc, i won't post the source in here.
If there's something wrong or a bug, let me know, i will try to fix it.
Special Thanks to IchWill and TROUbl3m4k3R
Z0ck3r, beat WRs!
z0ckiiii nice ! :p
OMG niceeee
Originally posted by ajR`Z0ck3r, beat WRs!
ajR`, beat LJs! :P
Originally posted by Z0ck3rOO7Originally posted by ajR`Z0ck3r, beat WRs!
ajR`, beat LJs! :P
I'm not good enough, but you are!
thats nice
GJ Z0ck3r :)
uhmm
1) You write "contact me" at the end of the program but there is nowhere written who to contact :P
2) You should use some function for conversion string to number, to avoid program fall with non-numeric input
3) You cant just substract/add some magic number from all values and think its right :D:D
Im not sure about this, but max prestrafe should be something like 1.11xxx * "normal running speed", If you want to be correct, document moving_speed=f(yawspeed), for weapons A, B Apre=Bpre*Arunspeed/Brunspeed
with maxspeed its even harder, cuz its easier to accelerate in lower speed (isnt it?)..
keep going! ;)
Originally posted by FailEDuhmm
1) You write "contact me" at the end of the program but there is nowhere written who to contact :P
2) You should use some function for conversion string to number, to avoid program fall with non-numeric input
3) You cant just substract/add some magic number from all values and think its right :D:D
Im not sure about this, but max prestrafe should be something like 1.11xxx * "normal running speed", If you want to be correct, document moving_speed=f(yawspeed), if its linear, for weapons A, B Apre=Bpre*Arunspeed/Brunspeed
with maxspeed its even harder, cuz its easier to accelerate in lower speed (isnt it?)..
keep going! ;)
1) I forgot :X gonna add it in new version :D
2) I will try that tomorrow :o
3) I don't get what you mean :F IchWill explained me how to calculate the jumps with other weapons and i think its 90% correct..
3) I don't get what you mean :F IchWill explained me how to calculate the jumps with other weapons and i think its 90% correct..
It may be 90% correct, at least at distance counting, if one said, jump with knife without duck = jump with duck + 18 units, it would be probably more than 90% correct..
take an example for prestrafe: if you have 270 prestrafe with knife, your program substracts something, and result is 240 with awp, but max ground prestrafe with awp is deffinitely < 235...
Originally posted by FailEDuhmm
1) You write "contact me" at the end of the program but there is nowhere written who to contact :P
2) You should use some function for conversion string to number, to avoid program fall with non-numeric input
3) You cant just substract/add some magic number from all values and think its right :D:D
Im not sure about this, but max prestrafe should be something like 1.11xxx * "normal running speed", If you want to be correct, document moving_speed=f(yawspeed), for weapons A, B Apre=Bpre*Arunspeed/Brunspeed
with maxspeed its even harder, cuz its easier to accelerate in lower speed (isnt it?)..
keep going! ;)
Ye, but it's 90% correct at least :P A nice little prog, but I don't get that why do you have to make so many of these :C
well acceleration difference is quite small at standard jump distances, maybe spread 1-2 units between awp and scout to be more accurate :) I just dont like to see things like "I have jumped 230.4894841458947654 units with awp, it IS EQUAL to 251,48/7945416432123 with knife" if you see that point :S
prestrafe problem is weightier..
Originally posted by FailED
3) I don't get what you mean :F IchWill explained me how to calculate the jumps with other weapons and i think its 90% correct..
It may be 90% correct, at least at distance counting, if one said, jump with knife without duck = jump with duck + 18 units, it would be probably more than 90% correct..
take an example for prestrafe: if you have 270 prestrafe with knife, your program substracts something, and result is 240 with awp, but max ground prestrafe with awp is deffinitely < 235...
why so complicated ? I didn't tell anything about noduck LJs cuz the difference in duck varies 18-23 or maybe more.. or less cuz of the maxspeed, but I'm sure that my calculations are 97% correct cuz we talk about LJ calculation not CJ/BHOP.
its easy to calculate 40u/s difference in prestrafes (for example) but the maxspeed makes it little harder cuz your bonus distance with duck is different(cuz of the maxspeed).. but anyway I think its not so big deal cuz u can't get more than 1 unit difference in 100% accurate calculating
so I think that program is fine :)
sorry but 13 units/s prestrafe speed variance seem to me like a quite big deal :F
Gj!
Originally posted by FailEDsorry but 13 units/s prestrafe difference seem to me like a quite big deal :F
your calculation is right only for jump with constant speed - running speed
I really don't understand your question..
here is some example for my calculation:
u have 230 AWP LJ with 220 pre and u want to calculate what its gonna be with knife
with awp u move with 210u/s, with knife 250u/s which means that u have 40u/s difference
so that difference 40 x 0.732(time in air) = 29.28
230 (distance with awp) + 29.28 (unit difference) = 259.28 units
prestrafe with AWP is 220 so +40u/s and it will be 260u/s with knife
(thats just an example)
I agree that its too complicated to calculate it 100% correct cuz of the duck and maxspeed stuff..
but could u tell me where I'm wrong ? or whats your question ?
thank you, I perfectly understand your calculations :i
ill try to explain it to you:
1) In zockers program he counts with your 29,28 everywhere
2) 1 doesnt matter cuz its still wrong, maximal ground prestrafe speed with knife is ~278 u/s
substract 40 as a difference between knife and awp running speed
and what you get? - 238
maximal ground prestrafe with awp is ~234
and solution?... maximal ground speed, same like maximal useful prestrafe speed, is x*running_speed, for maximal useful prestrafe it is, as you probably know, 1.2; for ground speed(prestrafe) it is 1.11xxx, so, as you would have ascertained on your own, and I have already posted here, for weapons A, B Apre=Bpre*Arunspeed/Brunspeed or it is at least quite accurate
you cant just think out a number you got at one example, its varying..
3) If we neglected a (at normal longjumps) little difference between speed related acceleration stuff, duck and maxspeed (here you can use your addition, speed gain would be the same), neither it nor duck doesnt change jump at all
Originally posted by FailED1) In zockers program he counts with your 29,28 everywhere
LOL that's a big bug, i will try to fix that today :o thanks for finding my silliness :)
Originally posted by FailEDthank you, I perfectly understand your calculations :i
ill try to explain it to you:
1) In zockers program he counts with your 29,28 everywhere
2) 1 doesnt matter cuz its still wrong, maximal ground prestrafe speed with knife is ~278 u/s
substract 40 as a difference between knife and awp running speed
and what you get? - 238
maximal ground prestrafe with awp is ~234
and solution?... maximal ground speed, same like maximal useful prestrafe speed, is x*running_speed, for maximal useful prestrafe it is, as you probably know, 1.2; for ground speed(prestrafe) it is 1.11xxx, so, as you would have ascertained on your own, and I have already posted here, for weapons A, B Apre=Bpre*Arunspeed/Brunspeed or it is at least quite accurate
you cant just think out a number you got at one example, its varying..
3) If we neglected a (at normal longjumps) little difference between speed related acceleration stuff, duck and maxspeed (here you can use your addition, speed gain would be the same), neither it nor duck doesnt change jump at all
thank you for the help.. in fact I didn't know that there is 11u/s difference between max prestrafes of 10u/s difference in weapons
so:
1) its correct, he doesn't counts that 29.28 everywhere, he uses the formula
2) will be fixed, thanks to you but we'll use this formula:
1.1*u/s difference(weapons)*0.732= the difference in jumps
current distance +/- difference in jumps = new distance
for prestrafe:
current weapon +/- (1.1x u/s difference(weapons) = new prestrafe
3) I can't calculate the duck addition (in units) but I know that maxspeed will stay the same, maybe some1 geeker than me can do it(but its not so big deal I think) ^^
Please log in to post replies.