Longjump Help?

Started by shozab
15/05/2006 15:46
Page 2 of 2
P.V.A.B.-jello08/06/2006 09:10

Most definitely. I am 100% sure that 100+ fps vs. 20-50 fps makes a HUGE difference.

n!ghtmare08/06/2006 12:42

try to jump @ 200fps .. it's a strange feeling but when i tryed i was able to do 244units ... that was before i was able to do that ^^

electron08/06/2006 15:11

What did you average before n!ghtmare?

I'm on average 100ish fps. And me record is 232 with horrible strafing. (still cant make a good airstrafe after prestrafe).

You think i'd be able to jump further with even higher? Or maybe it's just my strafing that needs tuning..

electron17/06/2006 04:27

Here's the milliondollar question.

How much does strafing a second or so before you jump matter?

I watched a demo of faker doing that and he did 244 5 times in a row. (on cg_brick). Just wondering if i should practice a lot on that :-)

(my airstrafing is getting better after some kind of prestrafe.. =) )

E

Orblah17/06/2006 10:41

prestrafe ive made 239 units and i still believe i can do more ;)

Alts!cH17/06/2006 12:22

I made 250 units over a year ago with developer...
Since counter-strike is only build for 100 frames/s and you computer shows 200 or more the hl1 engine can't update that fast which will slow down the game and that gives you more time to strafe with better timing...

But 200 fps does not mean that the speed is devided in 2.

(M.E.O.)St. Jimmy25/06/2006 03:19

I'm starting with longjumps and I made just the 225 xD
I didn't know about "prestrafe" I will try to do it..

electron25/06/2006 11:33

SaintJimmy, prepare to practice quite a lot. But don't work solely on longjumps. :-)

Took me quite a while to get 243 done, but once i tried (after playing on "normal" maps for a while.) it wasn't too hard. Just try to do exactly what they do on the longjump guies.

E

Kyx4o01/06/2007 12:33

how do i get 200 fps my average is 99.9 - 100

ufui01/06/2007 13:21

devopler 1 kyx4o

kOma`01/06/2007 13:56

developer 0 and fps max 200

eFFoRt01/06/2007 15:07

sr 4 off top but someone said that did 239 perstrafe.
can some one gimme a demo with perstrafe 238+ ??

Fact or Fiction01/06/2007 15:29

I can do ~236 with prestrafe only.
[ Edited 06/01/07 - 19:04:59 ]

Tafatt01/06/2007 19:13

A prestrafe only jump should imo use absouletly no movement in air except ducking after making the jump.

No way you can make 236 that way.

Fact or Fiction01/06/2007 20:36

in 5min i got 234, dunno if I did it correctly http://rapidshare.com/files/34671750/pre234.rar.html

wangquewushi16/06/2007 08:32

hey guys,i come from china,what does the word"prestrafe" mean?i can't find it in my dictionary
一_一#

wangquewushi16/06/2007 08:43

i have seen Fact or Fiction's demo.now i know what prestrafe mean.i have seen a 13 years old boy jump 235 units with prestrafe only.:D
it is amazing ,i can only jump 233 units with a prestarfe.

bladestorm_b21/06/2007 05:34

I like long jumping too bad i cant get how to do it. I watched long jump videos i tried to copy what the guy was doing, nothing happens. When i am jumping and i do my multi-strafe it kinda look like the one in the videos but actually it has no effect on my jumping length. I am getting desperate so i thought someone from the forum can help

puppetz mapper21/06/2007 08:43

Start out with 1 or 2 slow strafes, and learn to sync your strafes with your mouse movement. And be patient. Don't try to rush the progress, and start "shaking", it will just make it worse.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.