Time tracking on the current record while rec

Started by thopa
10/01/2009 19:59
Page 1 of 2
thopa10/01/2009 19:59(edited 10/01/2009 20:17)

Many people doesn't seem to know this little and old tip, so I thought to share it with you that don't know it.

If you are trying to beat a demo, for example:
ak_rh_warehouse_ns_flibo_0558
av_degyptianez_chrizZo_0255
bkz_aztecblock_sKiCg_06:18

Simply set mp_roundtime to the same time as the wr, + a few extra seconds if you need time to reach the startbutton and get some HP. With some tweaking you will hit the startbutton exactly when the time will countdown from the current record time.

If you reach the end, and there is plenty of time counting down, you can take it easy, and don't stress and maybe fall. If there is almost no time at all, just restart or speed climb/bhop like a motherfucker.

boom.dll10/01/2009 20:00

i often do that but i always fail @ endings... plenty of time/or no time watsoever :D

veer10/01/2009 20:06

you mean mp_roundtime?

thopa10/01/2009 20:18(edited 10/01/2009 20:18)

Originally posted by veer
you mean mp_roundtime?


Yes, added that instead of "server time"..

Fliborecord holder Tournament #211/01/2009 00:04

I don't use it. I have a trick which I'm more used to :P
This is what I do while recording:

1. Play the map through 2-3 times.
2. Watch the WR, at certain spots check the roundtimer and memorize the time.
3. Play it myself, and compare the times at the spots, like waypoints.

It doesn't always work though... depends on mp_roundtime of the wr :P

StormZz11/01/2009 02:13(edited 11/01/2009 02:14)

Originally posted by thopa
just speed climb/bhop like a motherfucker.

I tend to do this all the time.
Seriously, I never watch any time, just doing my run and hoping it's enough ;-)
The timer would be simply a distraction for me.

c0ld^11/01/2009 02:40

Originally posted by Flibo
I don't use it. I have a trick which I'm more used to :P
This is what I do while recording:

1. Play the map through 2-3 times.
2. Watch the WR, at certain spots check the roundtimer and memorize the time.
3. Play it myself, and compare the times at the spots, like waypoints.

It doesn't always work though... depends on mp_roundtime of the wr :P


i do the same

SchlumPF11/01/2009 04:04(edited 11/01/2009 04:05)

gonna create a small plugin for this if you want to + a "hurry up" message to make stormz nervous on runs :)

(the plugin would require kz_records cuz of the files kz_records downlaods + the downlaoded files need to be up2date :P)

DiDo-Grecord holder11/01/2009 09:27

thats a great idea SchlumPF :) gogo

cC|SpiNe11/01/2009 10:04

I use this most of the time. It works great for me.

hmm nice idea thopa , but i think u should put mp_roundtime at the wr +20 or 25 sec to get hp or he maybe want`s to write something if he beat the wr , but it`s a very good idea.

SchlumPF11/01/2009 11:15(edited 11/01/2009 11:17)

http://schlumpf.ampaste.net/f35d1e55b

need someone to test that, compiles fine but im to busy to test it right now.

it sets the roundtime on pressing the startbuttons, shows you the real time you needed as decimal number and if this works i add a cvar to manually change the roundtime (atm it uses the fastest time on the map which is ofc buggy on maps with more than 1 way)

@valide
having more time for getting hp would be ok but the round wont end on 0:00 cuz there is usually no terrorist ^^

dLx11/01/2009 11:39(edited 11/01/2009 11:41)

SchlumPF i have some suggestions on this kind of plugin but make another thread somewhere with it.
I can also test it if you want.

thopa11/01/2009 13:50(edited 11/01/2009 13:54)

Originally posted by valide
hmm nice idea thopa , but i think u should put mp_roundtime at the wr +20 or 25 sec to get hp or he maybe want`s to write something if he beat the wr , but it`s a very good idea.


But if you set 'time per map' to 999 or whatever the round won't restart until you type sv_restart/_restartround. So those extra seconds is not needed. It will simply just stop at 0:00 until you manually restart the round.

akkord mapper11/01/2009 14:08

used something like that before, but gave up on it

Om111/01/2009 16:49

never thought of that, Ill deffenetly use it when im recording

ndR moviemaker Tournament #211/01/2009 16:53

It already existed when I started kz :D
I did that all the time, that's pretty useful, at least for me :D

Originally posted by thopa
Originally posted by valide
hmm nice idea thopa , but i think u should put mp_roundtime at the wr +20 or 25 sec to get hp or he maybe want`s to write something if he beat the wr , but it`s a very good idea.


But if you set 'time per map' to 999 or whatever the round won't restart until you type sv_restart/_restartround. So those extra seconds is not needed. It will simply just stop at 0:00 until you manually restart the round.

yes i know i use sv_resetart 1 but from now on i`ll use mp_roundtime :d gj for the idea

Z0ck3rOO711/01/2009 17:26

i used it too where i was "new" at recording, but i stopped it later, just do your run and dont care about the time until you are finished, thats the best way to get a rec :P

SchlumPF11/01/2009 20:31

nobody answered me whether my plugin is working....

dLx you are allowed to post suggestions here to ^^

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.