Common annoyances in maps

Started by liquidi
07/02/2009 15:28
Page 2 of 3
BLT^_^09/02/2009 17:46

fof_utopia has all the things that annoys me .
Also, bad respawns, like bkz junglebhop

aftermatch-_-09/02/2009 18:40

i really hate those little edges which you have to DD to climb on to .. i suck at that and reallllly slows me down when im doing it wrong :ASD

owned09/02/2009 19:06

@BLT: the 2nd bhop level in the 2nd cave = worst teleport ever ;-; if i fail that i'll try to run and get some speed but i continue ending up in the water.. haha

but i hate duck bhops, like the ones in j2s_4tunnels especially on stage 17 :(

shNz09/02/2009 19:16

Originally posted by cheche
Bhop-LJs and watch-your-head jumps.


+1

remake09/02/2009 21:21

270 turn jumps - xj_communityblock has a lot of them, for example chrizzy's block..
longjumps - it's so fckin annoying especially when you fail and you don't get teleported back, so you have to climb again to fail on that lj again.

almantas12/02/2009 13:23

Bhop ljs - the most random thing ever.
Duck bhops - like in kz_exodus, its so freaking annoying. Does anyone find that part fun?

lalevUl12/02/2009 15:38

I hate some respawns, sometimes its to close or to far away. Sometimes they respawn you the wrong way, so you have your back against the right way but this is only on unofficiall maps, far as I know..

opa16/02/2009 07:10

Well, here's my opinion:

"LUCKJUMPS" - (duckjumps) OMG they are so annoying! Even if i make a good time on my run, these parts screw all the things up! j2s_4 tunnels ofc...

Wallbugs - The same thing with time. I hate getting stucked in fof_dale when i make very nice run.

Low lightning - Hello, is anybody here???? kzsca_hell....

Unbalanced jumps (or jump combos) - Very annoying, especially when in the end of map, you can't make a good run when you fail there always! fof_chillbhop...

Start location far from jumps - +1, liquidi. kz_ep_gigablock_b01

There are several more things that i hate, but i can't remember now.

Z0ck3rOO716/02/2009 07:59

Flibo, if you use a PS2 keyboard, buy a USB keyboard and your problem will get solved :P

BLT^_^18/02/2009 23:51

another thing that i hate, is when a map has 3 bhops blocks when you can have 2 there, i HATE that ... that make me doubt about which one take .

And i hate the duck bhops like the one on pharaonrun .

Igge23/02/2009 13:26

Hate map which ends with longjumps or highjumps.

kz_j2s_windsor is a good example. Since I'm not a fan of longjumping I always fall at the last stupid HJ.

BooLiSH23/02/2009 13:55(edited 23/02/2009 13:56)

wow I like this thread, I can identify with all those points :D

yea duckjumps are often annoying.
There is one on kz_stoneblock which i hate pretty much... it's not enough to jump simply with w+duck, but you have to strafe as well...
Also the one on kz_cellblock (I think it's block no. 9) used to be a problem for a long time, but that is one you can train.
Ofc, there are many like this.

luckjumps suck as well.. i have no particular example right now, but there are many of them.. you just can't do them consistently.

what I personally hate are "übersmall-suckage-blocks" at the end of maps or just high above the ground..
example is adv_underground at the very end.. not that hurd, but i fail there too often.
The dedication maps are full of these jumps, but well, for these two maps it's ok.

I refer to a really small no. of jumps, but there are some where there's a little slope at the end of the block and you have to jump off early enough - they suck as well

dEMolite mapper23/02/2009 21:17

Brightlight sucks hard....
and spikes where you can the whole map down :)

m0ver24/02/2009 00:56

I hate noncontrast textures: sn_nanoblock, caseblock (any version). I just can't see where to jump to.

I also hate small pieces that serve as a block (lots of older maps). When such map comes onto the server, I just LJ or quit.

Also, on cg_extreme those two jumps: first on tiniest piece ever after 180 turn and other when entering bricks when you have to jump with duck but along the wall.

Ratmen24/02/2009 10:41

dark maps

s0liD mapper04/03/2009 21:39(edited 04/03/2009 21:44)

Maps without challanges are just boring...

owned04/03/2009 21:55

I beg to differ s0lid. A lot of the super easy maps, take kt_ezybhop for example, it's always a challenge to beat your best time. My personal best is 1:14, people have gotten better and each time I play such an easy map like that I find it more to fun to race against the clock.

s0liD mapper04/03/2009 22:04

but its just not "it" .. Its not always fun to climb "fast".. I havent played kz for ages and the last thing I would like to do are speedruns... I like to relax playing kz not to get mad over falling again and again... Kz wasnt always that competitive like it is nowadays... People used to hang together on a server to have fun not to insult each other and whine about bad or good jumps... Just enjoy what you have and If you like to make a difference then do it... and whats the point of having over 400 maps of the same kind? That makes no sense to me... Nothing is perfect for anybody.. I dont know....

DiDo-Grecord holder04/03/2009 22:14

Originally posted by brendo333
Teleports - Example is on kz_kzsca_research, the jump just after you pass 218bhoplj. If you fail you get teleported too far from the jump (IMO) and it's really annoying if you fail there for 10 times. :D
Also, I really hate teleport mistakes on many non-official bhop maps. You fail and you get teleported with your back looking to the stage you just passed.

lol this is made because if u spawn too close u will wait the block until it goes up :)

Mehz04/03/2009 23:03

KZFR maps aka tiny weird/spike jumps.

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.