Gravity (Highjumps)

Started by thopa
16/07/2006 17:26
Page 2 of 3
riXplreR25/11/2006 21:45

i think circle strafes are best 4 highjumps like ScooteR says and with Bhop ljs too!
Circle strafes PwNs

DHT- Tournament #126/11/2006 12:43

There's one map I'm circle strafeing @ and that is megabhop xD The rest: Normal ftwwwwwwrw.

EDIT: fuzzerd, can't u translate soul's ftwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrw 2, that would be great!
[ Edited Mon Nov 27 2006, 05:05PM ]

fuzzerd26/11/2006 18:56

to translate ftwwwwwwrw means for the win win win win win win rewin.

soul v2.0 mapper27/11/2006 00:52

I did 241 HJ with normal strafes and NiconeN 240 with normal, so normal ftwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwRW

ScooteR11/12/2006 11:06

Btw about the hjs : Thopa this thing about jumping 5-10 units earlier and jump becoming hj+5-10 units like a normal lj isnt true .... if this was true every constant 250 jumper could do 240 np , but its not that way ... i can do 245 like every/almost every try and i cant do 235 hj when i jump earlier :o

[ Edited Mon Dec 11 2006, 11:07AM ]

fuzzerd11/12/2006 12:22

yea I think you only have to jump 2-5 units early but it still fucks up your strafes if you do. don't understand exactly how.

thopa11/12/2006 12:54

Well ScooteR: Since I dont have any proof that can backup my tip I cannot either defend it. My tip is very appliable at highjumps similar to the ones that is like 230 units and shorter, (ofcourse it depends on your skill ratio). I havnt practised that much on the really long distances so i cant make a statement.

Highjumps on maps like ultrablock, **.extreme, dirtblock_hard, ancient_tomb etc becomes much easier if you jump some units before you reach the edge. I mean. Very much easier when you get a hang of it.

This doesnt only apply on longjumps. Its also very useful at regular jumps, no matter the size of it. If the jump is high up; jump earlier (if there is space for it). Jumps with an area of like 16*16 is ofc too small.
This can sometimes feel very odd; i mean; standing on a very limited area, and jump a fairly long highjump, and besides of that you have to jump earlier - but it works.

Since I dont have access to the same version of fps death as the admins its hard to know how long ppl like soul|ftw and NiconeN jumped on their 241/240 HJ's. It could really be useful. But maybe its too much work to add all the extra info (the speed & distance-info that the normal LJ's have). But it cant be too much work to add that info on the really long highjump-records.

So the 5-10 unit thingy is not some final facts. Its just a random tip that work on most jumps.


And afterall: This isnt a thread for my research only :P If you have found something out - just add it to the thread. Maybe we could write an article and make a movieguide when we have enough relevant information


eDark11/12/2006 14:02

there ll be an articel about high jumps soon (weekend or next week) that ll explain everything about them.
soul already wrote one with my researches (in october) but accidentally deleted it and i forgott about it.
but i ll send all details to one of our article admins scary/dropsys when i have some time so they can write it again.
[ Edited Mon Dec 11 2006, 04:05PM ]

soul v2.0 mapper11/12/2006 19:20

I jumped something like 12.4 units from the edge (can't remember what exactly) and my jump length was 253.3 :P

faker mapper22/12/2006 15:14

There will be a highjump Guide soon, therefore I removed the sticky of this thread.

Thanks for your awesome work Thopa :)
[ Edited Fri Dec 22 2006, 03:14PM ]

thopa22/12/2006 15:23

Thanks for appreciating it. Im looking forward to read the article/guide. :)

faker mapper22/12/2006 15:35

You can help us writing it or even write the whole article if you want. Your knowledge combinded with the facts/research eDark has done with fps Death the article is going to be great for sure.

If you feel positive about this just contact me in IRC plz ;)
[ Edited Fri Dec 22 2006, 03:36PM ]

nendR23/03/2007 12:26

pls re-upload this files :), thx

thopa23/03/2007 18:16

I deleted the map so I can't upload it for you :)

The map is not a piece of art, but it'll show you the borders of a highjump and a regular jump.


And now that the Count-technique is found you can practise that style too!

Count Technique:
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?20.32259


Z0ck3rOO723/03/2007 18:26

There will be a highjump Guide soon, therefore I removed the sticky of this thread.

Thanks for your awesome work Thopa :)
[ Edited Fri Dec 22 2006, 03:14PM ]

faker

btw where is the guide? :D

colix mapper23/03/2007 19:26

this concludes something:
CS has THE worst physics ever OMG
my bros always like, can you jump around a corner in REAL life?? haha wish i could :\

Spaceman Spiff


well, i think thats why we like cs ... u can find more and more techniqes/bugs and this makes cs funny ;) btw nice job thopa ;) :up:

DevAstatoR25/03/2007 19:16

not the gravity changes but sv_edgefriction takes effect and you get slowed down

hiGGe27/03/2007 14:55

Originally posted by faker
There will be a highjump Guide soon, therefore I removed the sticky of this thread.

Thanks for your awesome work Thopa :)

Z0ck3rOO7

btw where is the guide? :D


yea :D im wondering it too

PET@n27/03/2007 15:14

when i changed to sv_edgefriction 0 and I jump the HJ in kz_longjumps.my prestarfe could get 312~
and u need to jump off edge. and I try it in NOrmal
LJ it could only get 275~
JUst want to know the reason of edgefrition
sry my poor eng SUXXXXXX
i have sleeped in my english class for 3 years....
BTW: where is the HJ guide?
[ Edited Tue Mar 27 2007, 03:19PM ]

Murvelman27/03/2007 15:46

All jumps have edgefriction, that's why you can jump longer with CJ :)

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.