some pr0 help ;p

Started by samzo
11/08/2009 23:29
Page 1 of 2
samzo11/08/2009 23:29

so I have been playing like 4-6 months just hns and kreedz but now I'm seeing all kind of movies with ppl only jumping 1 year and theyr waaaaay better than me ;/ so my question is what is the best thing to do to get better? like wich maps should I play and where should I focus on wich techniques should I DEFINETELY know? I'm hoping to grow pretty fast in KZ but I need some help, so please HELP ME!

boom.dll11/08/2009 23:32(edited 11/08/2009 23:32)

play at least 6 more months, then make a movie called : "samzo - one year later"

this should increase your skills pretty much.
other than that, focus on your strafes and bhop timing. :)

TheCracker11/08/2009 23:39

In Movies you see wins, not fails.
Even pro-gamer fail often on some trickjumps, they record them often and when they do it flawless/good enough, they just put it into the movie.

And why are some people who play kreedz not so long better? Talent and Skill.

pLaguE^11/08/2009 23:42

as said before practice simple bhops maps, 240-245 ljs till u get the hang of syncing strafes/prestrafe/edge distance.

good maps imo are:
bkz_goldbhop (good for speed bhops)
kz_jumprun (practice ur ljing/cjing/bhopljs)
kzno_xtremeblock (extreme for "beginners")
kz_adv_quadrablock (good map if u havent been kzing that long imo)

Hope this helps you out

ndR moviemaker Tournament #211/08/2009 23:53(edited 11/08/2009 23:54)

Forget about LJs, it won't make you a good kz'er, my experience talks for me!

Focus on pure climbing!
If you've something to geek on, it's all the kz maps possible.

Do you see many Top Longjumpers doing WRs? :)
Think about that.

kz`Moxx mapper12/08/2009 00:01

Originally posted by ndR
Forget about LJs, it won't make you a good kz'er, my experience talks for me!

Focus on pure climbing!
If you've something to geek on, it's all the kz maps possible.

Do you see many Top Longjumpers doing WRs? :)
Think about that.


Yup, agreed.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #212/08/2009 00:19

I have to disagree a bit. Cordyline, mjuuh, heL^_x, T3dBundy, FoF, KeltA and even Bibo are great kz players while they're also "top" longjumpers (254-255). But yes, even though you can nail 254, it doesn't mean that you're good in kz. In my opinion LJ helps in kz, but it's useless unless you actually practise kz also.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #212/08/2009 00:43

Originally posted by Flibo
I have to disagree a bit. Cordyline, mjuuh, heL^_x, T3dBundy, FoF, KeltA and even Bibo are great kz players while they're also "top" longjumpers (254-255). But yes, even though you can nail 254, it doesn't mean that you're good in kz. In my opinion LJ helps in kz, but it's useless unless you actually practise kz also.


I'm just comparing to this http://xtreme-jumps.eu/page.php?11
I don't see many of those jumpers in the WR list ^^

aftermatch-_-12/08/2009 03:01(edited 12/08/2009 03:02)

ok envtho i suck like rhyno's asshole ill tell u my case.
ive always been a ljer, so thats why my strafes got NO USE IN KZ, in other words they're fast hysterical and shitty, good for lj and sucky for kz. i stoped ljing cuz its boring rly, its cool at the start yea, but it gets boring. i lowered my sense and started doing 3-4-5 strafes, and it works like shit, my bhop is rly better then ever and eventho i cant do 254-255 stats anymore, with 5-6 strafes is more then enough to complete the hardest maps aswell. my advice, whatever u do dont start geeking like a fuck lj etc. i rly think that when u get good in kz, ur lj will be improved too, its just need practise to master both.

no hate, its just what i think

eMTi12/08/2009 09:25

one more important thing to add: play kz_maps without checkpoints. If you really want to learn a map and get better, just climb maaaaany different maps (also means, not only climb, but bhop too..) without checkpoints. Even if you fail alot or can't finish the map, doesnt matter. Once you feel comfortable, your should start working on the speed thing - means try harder bhop combos in your runs, climb faster.. that kind of stuff.

Other than that ndr said it all.

opa12/08/2009 09:25(edited 12/08/2009 09:26)

Well thats what I can say about longjumping: when you reach 250 units and jump it constantly, you have REALLY enough of experience to start(or continue) pro KZing, so there is no need to continue longjumping :) that's what my experience showed at least.

PepoMerca12/08/2009 09:26(edited 12/08/2009 09:26)

Originally posted by Flibo
I have to disagree a bit. Cordyline, mjuuh, heL^_x, T3dBundy, FoF, KeltA and even Bibo are great kz players while they're also "top" longjumpers (254-255). But yes, even though you can nail 254, it doesn't mean that you're good in kz. In my opinion LJ helps in kz, but it's useless unless you actually practise kz also.

most of them have wrs cuz of their bhop, not kz speed

There's only one way to get good fast, geeking, and hoping to god that you're a natural.

padnaliQ12/08/2009 10:01(edited 12/08/2009 10:02)

agree with aftermatch(<3)
just play more kz maps.. :)

faxity12/08/2009 11:34

depends on the kind of maps you want to play.. if you want to be able to play maps like sandblock you need to have geeked longjumping.. else you will need 200 checkpoint for each jump which kinda sucks (to me)
i always try to do maps without checks, but at maps like sandblock i just cant finish the map without them :s (not a great longjumper either, only do 250 sometimes, never higher then 250)

Fliborecord holder Tournament #212/08/2009 12:04

Originally posted by Gamster
Originally posted by Flibo
I have to disagree a bit. Cordyline, mjuuh, heL^_x, T3dBundy, FoF, KeltA and even Bibo are great kz players while they're also "top" longjumpers (254-255). But yes, even though you can nail 254, it doesn't mean that you're good in kz. In my opinion LJ helps in kz, but it's useless unless you actually practise kz also.

most of them have wrs cuz of their bhop, not kz speed

That's actually an interesting sidenote :D

cheche12/08/2009 12:36(edited 12/08/2009 12:36)

Originally posted by ndR
Originally posted by Flibo
I have to disagree a bit. Cordyline, mjuuh, heL^_x, T3dBundy, FoF, KeltA and even Bibo are great kz players while they're also "top" longjumpers (254-255). But yes, even though you can nail 254, it doesn't mean that you're good in kz. In my opinion LJ helps in kz, but it's useless unless you actually practise kz also.


I'm just comparing to this http://xtreme-jumps.eu/page.php?11
I don't see many of those jumpers in the WR list ^^


I get your point ndR and I do agree for the most part.

But let's face, all experienced/pro jumpers have geeked LJs at some point. You did as well ndR, else you wouldn't have done 250/251 or what your record is.

Anyway the LJ-geeking has just got way out of hand and the motivation for people is just to get on the list.

As a new jumper I would actually recommend you to LJ once in a while. But we can all agree that it's all about practicing KZ maps.

You will never become a good football player by only practicing free-kicks.

cheche12/08/2009 12:51(edited 12/08/2009 12:52)

Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by Gamster
Originally posted by Flibo
I have to disagree a bit. Cordyline, mjuuh, heL^_x, T3dBundy, FoF, KeltA and even Bibo are great kz players while they're also "top" longjumpers (254-255). But yes, even though you can nail 254, it doesn't mean that you're good in kz. In my opinion LJ helps in kz, but it's useless unless you actually practise kz also.

most of them have wrs cuz of their bhop, not kz speed

That's actually an interesting sidenote :D


Though it's not accurate. I'd say bibo and T3dbundby did not start out with bhops. Perhaps Cordyline, mjuuh and KeltA did. And FoF started out with slowmo.

Just because you're a good bhopper doesn't it make you a good climber. Same goes the other way around.

samzo12/08/2009 13:26

omg much replies! thanks everybody I think I just keep working on kz maps I see on the xj serv and practise on the map plaugue gave me ;) thanks again

opa12/08/2009 14:11

Originally posted by cheche
Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by Gamster
Originally posted by Flibo
I have to disagree a bit. Cordyline, mjuuh, heL^_x, T3dBundy, FoF, KeltA and even Bibo are great kz players while they're also "top" longjumpers (254-255). But yes, even though you can nail 254, it doesn't mean that you're good in kz. In my opinion LJ helps in kz, but it's useless unless you actually practise kz also.

most of them have wrs cuz of their bhop, not kz speed

That's actually an interesting sidenote :D


Though it's not accurate. I'd say bibo and T3dbundby did not start out with bhops. Perhaps Cordyline, mjuuh and KeltA did. And FoF started out with slowmo.
Just because you're a good bhopper doesn't it make you a good climber. Same goes the other way around.

what makes you think so lol...

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.