some pr0 help ;p

Started by samzo
11/08/2009 23:29
Page 2 of 2
faxity12/08/2009 14:47

Originally posted by cheche
Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by Gamster
Originally posted by Flibo
I have to disagree a bit. Cordyline, mjuuh, heL^_x, T3dBundy, FoF, KeltA and even Bibo are great kz players while they're also "top" longjumpers (254-255). But yes, even though you can nail 254, it doesn't mean that you're good in kz. In my opinion LJ helps in kz, but it's useless unless you actually practise kz also.

most of them have wrs cuz of their bhop, not kz speed

That's actually an interesting sidenote :D


Though it's not accurate. I'd say bibo and T3dbundby did not start out with bhops. Perhaps Cordyline, mjuuh and KeltA did. And FoF started out with slowmo.

Just because you're a good bhopper doesn't it make you a good climber. Same goes the other way around.


haha made me laugh there :p

puppetz mapper12/08/2009 15:37(edited 12/08/2009 15:38)

My best advice to become good is to play a lot of cups. You get to know a lot of maps, and you learn to deal with pressure, and improve your speed and endurance while climbing. And it's also a lot more fun than just playing alone, IMO. Here and then, practice some longjump and bhop maps (cause nowadays that's the most important "tools" a projumper owns). Good practice is also to just enter some server with a random map, maybe with some friends, and tell yourself "I want to finish this map" and keep trying and trying without checkpoints. That of course shouldn't be something too hard, maybe something like kz_kzfr_vache_and_cow, which is a little long and has some challenging jumps here and there.

MoNkhappy13/08/2009 10:44

cuz he will never reach that level so he need to bs the other guys jealousy eats him

HeBTeMy13/08/2009 12:17(edited 13/08/2009 12:17)

Keep trying to finish the maps without checkpoints, and as puppetz said, play a lot of cups! :)

Trickjumping may help you too.



Fliborecord holder Tournament #213/08/2009 12:26

Originally posted by cheche
Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by Gamster
Originally posted by Flibo
I have to disagree a bit. Cordyline, mjuuh, heL^_x, T3dBundy, FoF, KeltA and even Bibo are great kz players while they're also "top" longjumpers (254-255). But yes, even though you can nail 254, it doesn't mean that you're good in kz. In my opinion LJ helps in kz, but it's useless unless you actually practise kz also.

most of them have wrs cuz of their bhop, not kz speed

That's actually an interesting sidenote :D


Though it's not accurate. I'd say bibo and T3dbundby did not start out with bhops. Perhaps Cordyline, mjuuh and KeltA did. And FoF started out with slowmo.

Just because you're a good bhopper doesn't it make you a good climber. Same goes the other way around.


Who said Bibo or T3dBundy started out with bhops in the first place? He only said that they're good in bhop which you can't deny. Notice he also said "most of them".

DiDo-Grecord holder13/08/2009 13:12

play cups and find a server with a good mod then try to do more maps in the server :)

samzo21/08/2009 14:06

wow all nice tips! but how exactly does cups work? and wich are really good (besides the one plague gave me)
to train on?

I played with w-strafe for a long time.. but one day i decides to learn to jump "normal".. What i did was to play kz_xj_mountez a lot and do as many bhops as i could and do some of the shortcuts.
I also played kz_kzfr_rabbithighwayez to both practice bhop and my strafe skills.. Of course i played alot of other maps but those are the once i remember training the most on.

However to practice fast jumping I'd recommend some old school maps like kz_man_congo_b01, kz_man_bigezclimb, kz_climbersxp_b03 to name a few.

Good luck :)

samzo21/08/2009 17:32

thanks :)

h1m1 mapper21/08/2009 20:34(edited 21/08/2009 20:34)

I'd add: kz_deanhawkins_b01 (wonderful map), kz_wsp_islandclimb, kz_man_australia, kz_man_streetclimb, kz_man_riverside. I hope, those will do the work. :)
@Vodka: You don't need any mod/plugin or w/e to practice kz jumping.

DiDo-Grecord holder21/08/2009 20:51

^^ also kz_winterdust is cool I remember when I did it for first time I was so excited :D

kafds21/08/2009 20:59(edited 21/08/2009 21:01)

I did kz_kzfr_tibet when I played kz for the first time and I really loved it even though its not the most enjoyable map out there - the first experiences are the best! :DAD_BOX!

The first bunnyhop-map I played was cg_coldbhop or bkz_goldbhop (played both within a short span of time ages ago and can't really remember which one I played first). On cg_coldbhop I performed an amazingly slow time and asked some more experienced players how they could go under a minute and they gave me some tips, such as how to strafe, bind +jump to mwheel etc. and thats basicly all the tips I got. (however I am a complete noob and didn't really learn anything well relating to kreedz)

Anyways, many of the top climbers could be considered as "longjump pros" because most if not all have performed the "godlike limit", 250 block.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.