undergroundbase presentation, any leetzor wan

Started by matty
01/08/2006 20:48
Page 2 of 2
waRi mapper11/08/2006 15:58

the "top secret area" aint that secret now Xd ^^

matty05/02/2007 03:32

bump! no tester found the secret btw its a bit clever if I don't say so myself, any xj admin know what happened to my upload?

Murvelman05/02/2007 13:56

It probably got refused

faker mapper05/02/2007 14:49

any xj admin know what happened to my upload?

matty


It got deleted cause the mapsubmission demo was missing and the name was already given (secretbase).

Posted it in the chatbox long time ago.


matty06/02/2007 03:52

ok no probs, i'll have to get someone to do a demo, and i'll change the name, shoulda submitted before rinkon ;) , its been sitting on my hard-drive a while ^^

here are some new screens:
http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cornpf9.jpg
http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=corn2jv1.jpg
http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=enduw3.jpg
[ Edited Tue Feb 06 2007, 03:54AM ]

AverageFreak06/02/2007 12:04

nice

dunno about a name, maybe kz_classified? :x

Sprite mapper06/02/2007 13:18

i like that for aname :D

l00n_NooN06/02/2007 13:23

This map PWN

DaMp mapper07/02/2007 10:41

i think you should change the gradd texture i think it's a little bit ugly but the rest is okay perheps you can change the halflife textures into other ...

matty23/02/2007 15:58

Um not too sure about what you mean damp, very few of the textures are normal hlife ones, except for doors and the like. I used templeslate from hlife but that is an unusually good one for the hlife.wad. dunno what gradd is. its not the name of a texture i used.

Anyway, I emailed the map to sk8mafia and he got the crew at kz.usa playing it. So hopefully one of them will beat it and make a demo. Their feedback was positive. Dropsys liked the hard jumps apparently. No1 had anything bad to say about it when I was online on sk8s test server, someone even said it was the 2nd best map they'd played :P (thats obviously not true though xD).

matty23/02/2007 16:00

kz_classified is a good name bl00d_d00d, if it can get kz status i'll go with that

sbzvln Tournament #224/02/2007 00:08

looks good :o

stinnZ mapper25/03/2007 00:30

When will you submit the map ?

Dalai mapper26/03/2007 18:14

hm, what was that speech again?
"Good effort, bad result" :)
I like the idea of the map and you realized it pretty well considering the main concept.
Use different textures and watch the lights! What a bout a light_environtment at -45° :P -always pushes up the map a lil'... Your textures are far to bright for a "Seeecret" underground base :)

elITe^30/03/2007 01:05

I hope some1 can make a demo of this map cause this map pwnZ, and it pwnZ hard! GREAT JOB matty and the creativity is :o

<3
[ Edited Fri Mar 30 2007, 01:06AM ]

matty31/03/2007 13:16

dalai, about the brightness comments, have you any idea how many maps have been refused because they are too dark? people absolutely hate the dark, I was criticized early on with my submissions because of the darkness. read this forum history to see that every other comment is "nice map, it's too dark".
I already have an light_environment but its vertical, at 45 degrees it throws too much dark into the cave. I really do not want to make people sad with the map, i always like maps where I'm jumping in sunshine. Good luck with your map by the way. I'll upload kz_classified today as it seems people still remember it. If it can't be accepted without a demo just stick it on the sticky of fun maps?

Murvelman31/03/2007 14:21

Has really no one been able to beat it yet?
If it's such a great map as everyone says, then it would be a shame not to submit it just because you can't get a demo...
Hope it works out!

matty31/03/2007 14:28

people can beat it, but people don't like to submit demos that aren't flawless. the problem is that it's quite a long map.

Volsfootball31/03/2007 20:14

who cares if they aren't flawless, its a damn map submission demo! :|

Dalai mapper31/03/2007 20:37

i prefer a little more dark-atmospheric maps,
but thats up to everybody themselves ;-)

They can crook brightness up to 3.0 if they're unhappy :P

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.