kzbe_noname

Started by koukouz mapperrecord holder
14/03/2010 19:26
Page 1 of 2
koukouz mapperrecord holder14/03/2010 19:26

Hi,
I got an idea of map so I decided to make it. I've been working on it since yesterday so it's about 20~30% progress, but I did the first stage already. My idea was to make a map where you have to watch for your hp : no 10k hp boost, no autoheal, but I will place few very slow healers in the map so if you need some hp you'll lose like 10 secs of your run.
You will lose hp everytime you jump onto another island. There will be jumps of different difficulty and height to reach these islands, so you lose less hp with harder jumps. At the end of the map, if you didn't lose much hp, you will be able to reach the stop directly, otherwise you will need to climb a bit more.

I chose a space theme cause I think this is the map which fits the best for this concept, so I took my inspiration from kz_space. The shape of the islands is a bit weird imo, just tell what you think about it.

challenge will be hard, not extreme. possible without cps for every average climber I think.

here are some screens; hope you like it :


http://img706.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screen1gb.jpg

beuhnoix14/03/2010 19:30

Little advice, delete hammer of your computer!

TlofT14/03/2010 19:30

did you make it darker already? i spy a sc.

kyser14/03/2010 19:33

that map seems kzsca_broken, but with only those screens i cant say if i like it or not..

btw: r u making a map because u like mapping or just to have another little pic next to ur nick ? :P

koukouz mapperrecord holder14/03/2010 19:33

yeah i made the light darker now it looks better

strndlr14/03/2010 19:44

good idea i guess, doubt it will be accepted to xj though =b

TlofT14/03/2010 19:46

call its kzbe_slayer.

Timmycakes mapper14/03/2010 21:22

looks like a cross between broken and space. i cant pass judgement yet tho, since its the first stage, as u say

MAM6A mapper14/03/2010 21:44(edited 14/03/2010 23:09)

If you in seriously is engaged mappingom you will lose the skill, on maps you do records better, continue better in this direction ;)

maximaLz14/03/2010 22:15

Originally posted by MAM6A
If you in серьезе is engaged mappingom you will lose the skill, on maps you do records better, continue better in this direction ;)


inet translater fail.

I think he means that u suck @ mapping and u r better in demo recording. That's not that u suck, but your mapping skills seems basics, imo. And I don't think that one of ur map could be accepted by xj right now ;/

kyser14/03/2010 22:27(edited 14/03/2010 22:27)

Originally posted by maximaLz
Originally posted by MAM6A
If you in серьезе is engaged mappingom you will lose the skill, on maps you do records better, continue better in this direction ;)


inet translater fail.

I think he means that u suck @ mapping and u r better in demo recording. That's not that u suck, but your mapping skills seems basics, imo. And I don't think that one of ur map could be accepted by xj right now ;/


+1

Pieshels mapper15/03/2010 00:07

Actually koukouz have very good mapping skills.
He will always be a mapper in my eyes, no matter how many records he beats.
Good luck, add something special to it because it really looks like kzsca_broken :P

koukouz mapperrecord holder15/03/2010 02:19

I think i shouldn't have posted the screens now, since the map is very basic, as some people said, and its true. I only added the general structure and the jumps, but ofcourse didnt make any details. though it seems that its gonna look like i wanted it to look, so i'll give you some pics later when the work is almost done :)
also the map is inspired from kz_space, not broken ^^ and its normal if it looks like that since its the same theme, i can't invent more i think.
btw, don't tell me to keep recording instead of mapping... i do what i want lol

Nannou15/03/2010 07:08

minimal textures style.
Psy space map.
Wait it.

kunqui16/03/2010 18:10

Your idea make me think hard that you haven't played ak_rh_warehouse_ns...

DiDo-Grecord holder16/03/2010 19:02

hahaha

hardblocks17/03/2010 00:08(edited 17/03/2010 00:08)

pwnd by kunqui :D

m0ver17/03/2010 01:29

Originally posted by Қừпqừi☼
Your idea make me think hard that you haven't played ak_rh_warehouse_ns...

I think he uses idea that easier blocks or islands take more damage on fails and harder less. So you choose your route.

koukouz mapperrecord holder18/03/2010 18:13(edited 18/03/2010 18:14)

Originally posted by Қừпqừi☼
Your idea make me think hard that you haven't played ak_rh_warehouse_ns...


Captain Clueless!
usual by you, writing things that everybody know...

opa18/03/2010 21:24

just stick to recording demos, you're doin' it bit better than mapping

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.