Windows 7 ownd my CS

Started by humlE
08/04/2010 19:57
Page 1 of 2
humlE08/04/2010 19:57

Hello everybody. :)

Now what the heck is this?
I just installed Windows 7 64-bit. Everything has went smooooth and everything seemed to work properly.
Just until I wanted to test how CS would run on this new OS. When I launched it, I noticed some weird sort of flickering in the "menu". And when I opened a map the flickering was even worse.

Has anyone experienced this or heard about this particular issue?
Please give me hand here!

Thanks in advance,
humlE

remake08/04/2010 20:11

change drivers

FoF mapper08/04/2010 20:13

I have win7 64-bit, no problems at all. Smells like this is related to your video drivers, make sure you got latest and ofc 64-bit version.

TlofT08/04/2010 21:28

mine would run "windowed" at any res other than desktop. not an actual window, but not fullscreen either. there were too many problems for me so i just have it sitting on my other hdd

opa08/04/2010 23:44

Originally posted by FoF
I have win7 64-bit, no problems at all. Smells like this is related to your video drivers, make sure you got latest and ofc 64-bit version.

Identical situation here, and I'll add: check which rendering mode you use.

humlE11/04/2010 11:15

Originally posted by opa
Originally posted by FoF
I have win7 64-bit, no problems at all. Smells like this is related to your video drivers, make sure you got latest and ofc 64-bit version.

Identical situation here, and I'll add: check which rendering mode you use.


Well I'm using OpenGL as always, but when then renderer is on Software then it doesn't flicker (but it's extremely horrible graphic though)

preZ11/04/2010 11:48

It is your gfx card driver, got the same thing and im running the same os.. :/

humlE11/04/2010 12:05

Originally posted by preZ
It is your gfx card driver, got the same thing and im running the same os.. :/

I chose to delete the Nvidia-drivers totally and install the Nvidia-drivers the Windows Update offered. The flickering stopped but now my problem is the same as TlofT's problem :
Originally posted by TlofT
mine would run "windowed" at any res other than desktop. not an actual window, but not fullscreen either. there were too many problems for me so i just have it sitting on my other hdd

ndR moviemaker Tournament #211/04/2010 16:44

Launch CS with HLAE, force the fullscreen mode and tell me if it works.

preZ11/04/2010 17:45

Originally posted by humlE
Originally posted by preZ
It is your gfx card driver, got the same thing and im running the same os.. :/

I chose to delete the Nvidia-drivers totally and install the Nvidia-drivers the Windows Update offered. The flickering stopped but now my problem is the same as TlofT's problem :
Originally posted by TlofT
mine would run "windowed" at any res other than desktop. not an actual window, but not fullscreen either. there were too many problems for me so i just have it sitting on my other hdd


I still got some flickering when I open my cs when its the same res as my monitor 1280x1024, and when i take another res i got the same problem as TlofT got :s

humlE11/04/2010 18:48

Originally posted by ndR
Launch CS with HLAE, force the fullscreen mode and tell me if it works.

Yep - same problem.
I think the driver cannot handle it somehow.
I play with 640x480, and that is SO far from 1440x900 (which is my screen resolution)

TlofT11/04/2010 23:10

napz said his fixed when he updated his directx to the highest version, separate from video card drivers. i'm gonna try it later on mine, but maybe that

ndR moviemaker Tournament #211/04/2010 23:14

I got windows 7 ultimate 64bits and I never had any problem.

|Samadhi|11/05/2010 04:30

Originally posted by humlE
Hello everybody. :)

Now what the heck is this?
I just installed Windows 7 64-bit. Everything has went smooooth and everything seemed to work properly.
Just until I wanted to test how CS would run on this new OS. When I launched it, I noticed some weird sort of flickering in the "menu". And when I opened a map the flickering was even worse.

Has anyone experienced this or heard about this particular issue?
Please give me hand here!

Thanks in advance,
humlE


I have exactly the same problem on my cs with windows 7 but my card is a ATI radeon x1600.
If I run in fullscreeen that "problem" happens but if I run in window mode it doesn't :s. My problem is that I was accustomed to using 800x600 and if I use that res on window mode my cs became tiny and I can't see a thing!
Any of you know why in window mode that "problem" doesn't happen and in fullscreen does?
Or have you find a solution humlE?

Oddi^11/05/2010 05:52(edited 11/05/2010 05:52)

Try if this works:

#1 Download Rivatuner @ http://downloads.guru3d.com/

#2 Go to OpenGL Settings lovated under Driver Settings in the Main Rivatuner Window

#3 Under the Back / depth buffering tab, change Back buffer flipping mode from Auto select to Block transfer.

All credits goes to ambientmf

st0ka11/05/2010 11:17

Originally posted by ndR
I got windows 7 ultimate 64bits and I never had any problem.

Same here.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #211/05/2010 19:02

Originally posted by st0ka
Originally posted by ndR
I got windows 7 ultimate 64bits and I never had any problem.

Same here.

Yeah me too... No wait. I thought this thread was about helping a guy with his problem, not telling him that you don't have his problem?

st0ka11/05/2010 19:23(edited 11/05/2010 19:24)

Well, by telling him it's not a Win7-specific problem, he should be able to pinpoint the exact problem, since he'll focus his searching on the stuff, related to his personal configuration. How's that for NOT helping?

Since I already go this far, wasting my time, I might as well do it, the way I'm "supposed" to do it. Others have already said it, but you should install Win 7 64-bit drivers from your manufacturer and make sure you've completely uninstalled the drivers, you already have, e.g. I always had to use a program called Driver Cleaner to remove my ATI drivers.

Looking any better, Mr. Smartass?

fizik11/05/2010 19:39

My win7 64-bit runs fine. I had to do some changes tho,try adding -fullscreen to launch options. If you use a nvidia card,get nHancer. V-sync off etc...

DiDo-Grecord holder11/05/2010 20:06

uh this win7 ..

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.