Windows 7 ownd my CS
stOka how much ram do you have? Same question for you humlE.
I have been reading some things and I notice that this problem only happens on ATI or NVIDIA and with win7 64bits... I think that this problem happens because I don't have more than 2GB ram and 64bits are just to be used if you have more than 2GB.
You must update directx or download it, directx11 is the newest and if you gota newer graphic card you should download direct 11
Originally posted by st0kaWell, by telling him it's not a Win7-specific problem, he should be able to pinpoint the exact problem, since he'll focus his searching on the stuff, related to his personal configuration. How's that for NOT helping
Why do you have to tell him a thing that was already told him three times? I'm pretty sure he even had the idea that CS is supposed to work on Windows 7 on his original post and he surely didn't ask anyone about that. Instead of saying completely irrevelant things, read his post and answer his question:
Has anyone experienced this or heard about this particular issue?
Originally posted by st0kaSince I already go this far, wasting my time, I might as well do it, the way I'm "supposed" to do it. Others have already said it, but you should install Win 7 64-bit drivers from your manufacturer and make sure you've completely uninstalled the drivers, you already have, e.g. I always had to use a program called Driver Cleaner to remove my ATI drivers.
You did the exact same thing again, saying what others have already said.
Originally posted by st0kaLooking any better, Mr. Smartass?
I wasn't a smartass in my first post, but damn, you're really asking for it.
Originally posted by FliboOriginally posted by st0kaWell, by telling him it's not a Win7-specific problem, he should be able to pinpoint the exact problem, since he'll focus his searching on the stuff, related to his personal configuration. How's that for NOT helping
Why do you have to tell him a thing that was already told him three times? I'm pretty sure he even had the idea that CS is supposed to work on Windows 7 on his original post and he surely didn't ask anyone about that. Instead of saying completely irrevelant things, read his post and answer his question:Has anyone experienced this or heard about this particular issue?
Originally posted by st0kaSince I already go this far, wasting my time, I might as well do it, the way I'm "supposed" to do it. Others have already said it, but you should install Win 7 64-bit drivers from your manufacturer and make sure you've completely uninstalled the drivers, you already have, e.g. I always had to use a program called Driver Cleaner to remove my ATI drivers.
You did the exact same thing again, saying what others have already said.Originally posted by st0kaLooking any better, Mr. Smartass?
I wasn't a smartass in my first post, but damn, you're really asking for it.
Oh, you're right... No wait.
First off, "repeating" the same thing is, in a way, useful, because it proves a certain point. I doubt you'd rely on a single source, especially when it comes to computers (various platforms, configurations etc.). If I'm to tell you there's no Notepad in Win7 will you take my word for it, or you'll go and verify the information with at least 2-3 guys?
There were numerous times when I had to troubleshoot a problem with only google at hand and posts like these really helped out when I wasn't sure what causes the problem.
You're making stuff up and "pretty sure" and "supposed to" are not backing your statement up at all. humlE is humlE, you are you and mere assumptions are a really lame attempt to prove a point so don't give me that shit. You have no way of telling what humlE was thinking or what he intended with his post.
Actually, your post was the irrelevant one for it was made only with the purpose of lecturing us in a really childish way.
Second, you kind of overlooked the part where I suggested a possible solution to this problem by making sure his drivers are fully uninstalled. Not, only that, I even gave him the program, I'm using when re-installing drivers. Surely, it slipped your mind while you were trying to come back at me.
Third, you were a smartass in your first post, there's no denying it. However, after the second, you've evolved into a douche. Congratulations.
@T3ckT0n1Kz, my OS is operating with 4GB of RAM and I really doubt it could be the problem in humlE's case.
Alot of win7 users aswell as XP users had a problem with this. I had too. I've installed a older driver for nvidia, because on the newer ones they dont have the certain option for widescreen in lower resoulutions.
So go in and download a older dirver (nvidia.com)
Originally posted by st0kaOriginally posted by FliboOriginally posted by st0kaWell, by telling him it's not a Win7-specific problem, he should be able to pinpoint the exact problem, since he'll focus his searching on the stuff, related to his personal configuration. How's that for NOT helping
Why do you have to tell him a thing that was already told him three times? I'm pretty sure he even had the idea that CS is supposed to work on Windows 7 on his original post and he surely didn't ask anyone about that. Instead of saying completely irrevelant things, read his post and answer his question:Has anyone experienced this or heard about this particular issue?
Originally posted by st0kaSince I already go this far, wasting my time, I might as well do it, the way I'm "supposed" to do it. Others have already said it, but you should install Win 7 64-bit drivers from your manufacturer and make sure you've completely uninstalled the drivers, you already have, e.g. I always had to use a program called Driver Cleaner to remove my ATI drivers.
You did the exact same thing again, saying what others have already said.Originally posted by st0kaLooking any better, Mr. Smartass?
I wasn't a smartass in my first post, but damn, you're really asking for it.
Oh, you're right... No wait.
First off, "repeating" the same thing is, in a way, useful, because it proves a certain point. I doubt you'd rely on a single source, especially when it comes to computers (various platforms, configurations etc.). If I'm to tell you there's no Notepad in Win7 will you take my word for it, or you'll go and verify the information with at least 2-3 guys?
There were numerous times when I had to troubleshoot a problem with only google at hand and posts like these really helped out when I wasn't sure what causes the problem.
You're making stuff up and "pretty sure" and "supposed to" are not backing your statement up at all. humlE is humlE, you are you and mere assumptions are a really lame attempt to prove a point so don't give me that shit. You have no way of telling what humlE was thinking or what he intended with his post.
Actually, your post was the irrelevant one for it was made only with the purpose of lecturing us in a really childish way.
Second, you kind of overlooked the part where I suggested a possible solution to this problem by making sure his drivers are fully uninstalled. Not, only that, I even gave him the program, I'm using when re-installing drivers. Surely, it slipped your mind while you were trying to come back at me.
Third, you were a smartass in your first post, there's no denying it. However, after the second, you've evolved into a douche. Congratulations.
@T3ckT0n1Kz, my OS is operating with 4GB of RAM and I really doubt it could be the problem in humlE's case.
Firstly, it proves nothing. If 3 people come to say that there is no notepad for Windows 7, I still wouldn't believe it. That's also because it's sheer common sense. When I said that he probably knows that CS is supposed to work with Windows 7 I was trying to be nice. It's pure common sense that it works, thousands of CS players use Windows 7, it's no secret.
There is no need to know what he was thinking when he made his post. The post itself matters. I hate repeating myself but he clearly asked a question. None of what you've said is nowhere near to answering it. If you don't have anything intelligent to say, don't say anything, it's pretty simple. That's why I haven't given him a response, I don't have experience about such problems.
I can admit it, your second post had some useful information. I don't know why you yourself said that it was what others have already said, maybe that's why I said it too.
I however find it pathetic that you have to call me a smartass and a douche. Are you really that immature or do you have problems with your self-esteem?
What you said to T3ckT0n1Kz is pretty irrelevant. That's like responding to humLe's first post with "I'm running Linux and have no problems".
*gasp*
Your idea of maturity is solely based on hypocrisy if you really think calling someone names makes you immature. Get real, would you? Should I hide my true thoughts on the matter behind pretty words? I don't think so. Besides, this is the internet, I have no obligation nor intention of keeping it all polite and neat for the sake of pretentious guys like yourself. It's not my self-esteem, that I've got problems with, but my bullshit tolerance. Thanks for your concern, though.
There's no point trying to reason with people like you. You're simply dodging arguments and that's probably how you handle things when it comes up to something that you can't back up with logic alone. Fine, if you're going to continue with pointless exaggerations, as well as irrelevant and illogical statements that, in no way, justify you, butting in and trying to act all smart, I'll be the one to "withdraw". I don't want to keep spamming humlE's thread any further either. Au revoir.
Firstly, it proves nothing. If 3 people come to say that there is no notepad for Windows 7, I still wouldn't believe it.
the notepad thing was an example.
examples are are never correct because they are only ment to demonstrate something.
you were focusing on a penny of a minor point to ignore and dodge what he really was trying to say, GJ!
Please log in to post replies.