Disappointed.

Started by lagster mapper
06/05/2010 14:49
Page 2 of 2
chrizZo07/05/2010 14:12

Now I will make a comment in detail.

not because it’s all new idiots I’ve never heard of

lagster


Unnecessary flame if you ask me. A lot of people remember MNM.

With the help of loveinabottle and heL we were able to set up 4 tournaments

lagster

Really? I have never heard of any tournament run by MNM. I never seen a post where I can sign up to a tournament, you never asked me to make a newspost about it. You never messaged me with "ok, our league is ready and we just need a newspost from you guys to start it". Never lagster.

Once zhady and other arrogant misc’s started posting, like always, the XJ kids followed.

lagster

Unnecessary generalization and you know it.


from chrizZo which was ‘XJ waits for MNM’. Silly response and is far from fair.I was never able to gain a proper insight into chrizZos thoughts on MNM, he would tell me he was keen to join but then be against the idea which is ridiculous.

lagster

Once again, if you wanted me to tell you my thoughts once again, why didn't you just ask me again? It is not like I would have flamed you and hopefully you know that.
I wanted to join again and I was waiting until the day comes you message me to tell me a tournament is ready and worked out. But nothing happened from your side. All you did was saying:"Can we get support from XJ?". But what for lagster? We couldn't support anything, because there was nothing.

a simple ‘No’

lagster

It is still not no. If you start a league tomorrow with 50 players and everyone can participate, we would be glad to make a newspost about it and let the people know that something like this is running. We would make newspost about the matches, players, who wins and loses in that tournament, whatever you want us to do...
But where is such a tournament?

This community is horrid. You go into a longjump thread and read 20 of the same responses

lagster

flame.

Disappointed not only in myself for putting effort into something that I should of known wouldn’t work, but I am disappointed with the admins, chrizZo I have known you for god knows how long, the least you could do is give me a proper response.

lagster

Hopefully I gave you a proper response now, if you still have question answer here, message me in steam or whatever.

Even when Hazard asked you via Steam what was going on, you would ignore him.

hazard

I like hazard and this wasn't meant personal at all. Sometimes my computer is running meanwhile I am afk for a long time. Later I just turn it off without even checking my steam messages. He should have just messaged me more times...

-

Also I have to tell you lagster, XJ will probably not give you any help with admin work. As you see admins like ndR, faker, me, are busy doing stuff at XJ. I can write newsposts for you or make smaller jobs, but we will not take care about a tournament you started...
That is your job and I already told you a no to that one and you said you will take care of everything and its no problem...

I quote my response into the admins forum now.


I do not see anything worked out.

lagster wrote ...
I am basically asking if you would be interested in helping/getting involved with MNM and what we are trying to achieve.


And what are they trying to achieve? He said nothing specific and just talked in general about making the kreedz world better.

Kreedz is a not teamgame, clans are not built to battle in some kind of a competition, because there is no. Supporting MNM as a clan is nothing we can benefit from. If they work out a tournament and want to get support by XJ in a certain way, sure, but they did not.

myself

quve07/05/2010 14:19

chrizzo pretty lame "excuse" post this time.
And in generally i see the admins on xj either ignoring something either just putting a negative response to something and hardly, hardly giving a positive response for a project that comes from someone that doesn't hold a world record or isn't an admin.
And what bothers me most is this ignoring bullshit the admins always come up with "we're busy" or some other thing. If u ask them something u will have to wait days, weeks for them to answer back which i find so unappropiate for the fact that they are admins of a community.

kREWAN07/05/2010 14:36

Well do you have any idea of the work the admins pulling through ? Don't think so.

st0ka07/05/2010 14:51(edited 07/05/2010 15:01)

Lagster, I think you're part of the myMYM staff, so you should be, at least, partly aware of how things revolve around communities with sponsorship. However, there are other communities that slowly gained popularity solely based on the dedication and amount of free time both admins and users managed to put behind them. In the case of XJ, you have a great deal of immature kids, immature adults and people that simply can't think "responsibility" seriously. So, if admins don't have the time to run the community, it's only natural that they'll search for people to take over their responsibilities, but when there are none willing to step on, what exactly are those very admins supposed to do? It's rather obvious: either start anew or continue at a slower pace, resulting in lack of progress.

To start anew, they'll need a lot of pre-planning (time consuming), ideas (even more time consuming and quite often- hard to get), dedicated staff members, skilled in various things like coding, organizing, managing, design etc. It quickly becomes obvious that it's extremely hard for such thing to to be done here on XJ.

Now, I'm not trying to lecture you or anything for I do respect you for all the time you've put into making your ideas come true and it's only sad that you couldn't make it, but you have to be realistic... Project of this scale requires much more than mere dedication. Giving out my personal experience, there hasn't been a single project that went according to plan, I've always encountered major setbacks, disappointment etc., but never gave up and I'm still will to pursue the goal, I've set my mind on.

Another thing I never realized is why you spammed around, yet was still able to make a perfectly reasonable and mature comment. I recall I held you in contempt, because of your constant flaming, until I realized there was much more than I was able to see on the surface. It could be just me, but there's a possibility that many more looked down on you and your ideas, because of that.

My points may be random and it's due to the fact that I'm rather tired. Still, I hope you consider these thoughts and my feelings towards the matter when you make up your mind. Wish you good luck and my I see more of your dedication in the future.

I've honestly never seen anything, but pointless rants and flaming from this pizza guy. It takes a lot of impudence to go and complain about stuff, you, yourself, depict.

Wall of text, I know...

That's about it. Peace out!

chrizZo07/05/2010 15:28(edited 07/05/2010 15:29)

ok quwe then formulate why this is an excuse comment of mine. Maybe I will do a newspost tomorrow

Upcoming league by MNM, we don't know when and how

Sign up to be a part of it. We don't have any ideas who will take care, when it is and who can play. But please sign up, we want to support it.

PS: we dont know how to sign up, we don't even know where, because none told us.

Nsp1re07/05/2010 16:24

Originally posted by kREWAN
Well do you have any idea of the work the admins pulling through ? Don't think so.


Enlighten us? What exactly are they pulling through? (besides years of ignorance)

Didn't think so.

/quit

m0ver07/05/2010 16:31

Originally posted by Nsp1re
Originally posted by kREWAN
Well do you have any idea of the work the admins pulling through ? Don't think so.


Enlighten us? What exactly are they pulling through? (besides years of ignorance)

Didn't think so.

/quit

If things were that simple we would have debate over which league is good, not over "should we start KZ league". That alone tells you things.

Nsp1re07/05/2010 16:35

Originally posted by m0ver
Originally posted by Nsp1re
Originally posted by kREWAN
Well do you have any idea of the work the admins pulling through ? Don't think so.


Enlighten us? What exactly are they pulling through? (besides years of ignorance)

Didn't think so.

/quit

If things were that simple we would have debate over which league is good, not over "should we start KZ league". That alone tells you things.


Your argument has no ground to stand on, I never said it was easy (lets back track and have a look) I asked "kREWAN" to explain what actually goes down.

Oh and by the way "should we start KZ league" Front page News - Hard and extreme maps league? The entire basis for this thesis is not for a large flame thread, but yet a insight into wasted potential and time, when a simple answer could have been sufficient.

lagster mapper07/05/2010 16:44

It’s nice to see that you’ve completely missed the point again chrizZo, of all the people on here I thought you could at least understand the simplicity of what my post was. Firstly well done for pointing out my flaming, I think that the amount of bans/warnings Fact or Fiction has handed out recently completely backs up my “XJ kids” statement and the rest of my generalizations, if you honestly think these forums are filled with a constant stream of contingent ideas related to kz then by all means, correct me. And sure, I understand being AFK, but I would receive constant notification from Hazard “He was responding but as soon as I brought up MNM, he stopped” which doesn’t surprise me since you only respond to me when you feel like it, or something is to be gained, and that’s the issue. No need to be elitist, tell me to fuck off if you don’t like what I’m saying, I tried my hardest to help you with any problem/school/English vocab issue you had, but the minute I look for a bit of support I am completely ignored. Something I had to get used to within the XJ staff.

I appreciate you apology faker I really do, but it would have been nice if I had been told. And now I am getting annoyed because the admins are using the fact that I had nothing to show as an excuse? Let me try make this as clear as I can; I was never asked for what I had done, or what work had been done, no one got back to me. So don’t talk about “oh you expect us to run a league” that is COMPLETELY beside the point, it makes no difference what I may or may not have done because no one gave me the time of day.

And st0ka, your post is irrelevant, as I clearly pointed out above it doesn’t even matter what I did or didn’t create because it wouldn’t have mattered. But you do raise a good point, your right and as I pointed out in my original post, I was impressed with fakers ability to put aside our differences and at least humour my ideas.

Well done for creating a league chrizZo but your comments “PS: we dont know how to sign up, we don't even know where, because none told us.” I will say it for a third time just do you understand me nobody on the admin team at XJ was interested, if you read fakers post earlier the admins actually disliked the idea, so what does that comment have to do with anything? Don’t throw the ‘flame’ comment on me man, I’m being as serious as I can about this cause I’m pretty angry and you obviously couldn’t care less, as long as the XJ admin’s names aren’t tarnished. Nothing in the recent MNM was ever public till now, I told you, I told people in the team and I told XJ so comments about signing up and what not are irrelevant.

This is in no way shape or form a flame war and despite me saying that, onlookers will think it is, and my point will be missed because chrizZo and the rest of XJ can never do any wrong and that’s fine, I’ve come to realize that I really have no say whatsoever in this community but I would hope at least, chrizZo, faker, that you understand why I am disappointed.

Thanks,

Kosmo

omilo07/05/2010 17:46

Originally posted by faker
And that's what I did after a slight delay (for which I excused via PM if I remember right), the thread was created @ 03/16/10 - 22:25:19. This thread can be found here in the admin area (in case any of the admins forget about it): http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?210561



Ahh, I had totally forgot about lagsters PM/thread. There just wasn't anything concrete said in that "PM". It was mostly about you arranging a new KZ team and a very general idea of having tournaments in the future, nothing concrete were said at all. Thats what I got out of the PM anyway.

If you would have come with a PM where you explain more on what your idea with the team was and that you had planned out a system with ladders and prizes and all of that I would have been interested for sure.

Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a
]

I will say it for a third time just do you understand me nobody on the admin team at XJ was interested, if you read fakers post earlier the admins actually disliked the idea, so what does that comment have to do with anything?


You say noone in the admin staff were interested. Ye thats true, but that's because we were never told about any of the stuff you mentioned in your first post. The PM was just about forming a KZ team where XJ's help was vital to maybe in the future create tournaments. So what I basically got out of that PM was: "mNm has a new KZ team, now we want to promote it through XJ by having you create kz tournaments under mNm's name".
Felt like you didn't have any ideas on how to work out the details and mostly just wanted to throw the project on our laps and have us start from the ground and do everything ourselfes.
Sorry if I misunderstood it but, that's just what I got out of it and I think a few other admins to.

Acelamb07/05/2010 18:28

You say noone in the admin staff were interested. Ye thats true, but that's because we were never told about any of the stuff you mentioned in your first post.

omilo

There was positive feedback too, but even the ones who were positive about this wanted to see the details before we would see this go further.

It was obviously not the point to ignore you, as no user is to be ignored by the XJ admins, atleast not before they have laid out their arguements.

The message we saw in the Admin Discussions really wasn't detailed. I do not quite understand what you wish from us right now. I know you want MNM's league to work out, but what else? We have said multiple times that you still have the opportunity to create your league. We will still support it, even if we now have another league going on. More activity isn't something we wish to push away.

If you feel that an admin doesn't reply, please just send it the next day or atleast with an hour space. There are times that admins will reply swiftly, slowly or never. I know that doesn't sound really well, but thats how it is. We will see what we can do about that, maybe a site-plugin (More work for m0ver? :omg: ) that could possibly give frequent reminders to admins. Let's see about that though ^^

The part where you say "XJ can never do any wrong", that is not correct, but we do try to correct our mistakes asap.

]
I was never asked for what I had done, or what work had been done, no one got back to me.

LAGSTERRrRkz[a

As you were the one to bring forth the request we expected that you would present something to us, not just an idea. As the one requesting support for your product, are you not obligated to present it? No offence, but this was undoubtedly MNM's project, and not XJ's.

Still I do hope MNM's league will become a success. Now that we have openly spoken, you now know how we see the matter from what we have heard, and the opposite. I hoped to arrange a meeting between XJ and MNM to discuss it, but I didn't get responses when I requested it. Maybe we can arrange such a meeting asap to sort this thing out.

zzarecord holder Tournament #1 VIP07/05/2010 21:35

Really? I wasn't really 'flaming'. I just posted a ranty opinion. And my post wasn't really aimed at anyone in particular. I just think some admins aren't motivated anymore. And with some of these responses back maybe my opinion isn't just that..

Keep on hating.

chrizZo07/05/2010 22:21(edited 07/05/2010 22:30)

Hazard talked to me like two times about MNM, I am sorry if I didn't answer him one time then. But saying that I would directly ignore him when it comes to the topic MNM is a lie and I would have never expected you to say it. Seriously lagster, you write it like I constantly ignore you and hazard and now don't lie to this whole community with saying it is like that. I don't even know how you are named in steam friends at the moment, so it seems like we don't chat quite often, do we?

You asked us to help you, but there was nothing to help you.

on the admin team at XJ was interested, if you read fakers post earlier the admins actually disliked the idea, so what does that comment have to do with anything?

lagster


I am sorry, but we said we would support you. If we would have theoretically declined to help you in any way (which we didnt i think) it even makes no difference. The actual point is that we welcome every new league or w/e in kzing, BUT YOU DID NOT CREATE ANYTHING. NOTHING. Why should we say we theoretically support you, if you work out a ladder in the future. That's bullshit.

What exactly are you asking for lagster? What should we have done? We are not the guys that have to ask you hows it going with MNM and if you already created a league so we can post about it. It is YOUR THING, we give support when something IS, and not if you talk about that THERE WILL BE.

I am taking your accusation that I am an elitest as a baseless flame, I hooked you up into insilio and I am still thankful for everything you've done for me. I did not ignore anyone with the intention to make MNM fail, I want to make kz better myself (as you see with my league, I try to do so), I am a member of MNM myself... Why would I?

In the next post just tell me what leagues you created and give us some concepts how to run them, maybe some links from mnm's site or anything to show.
Maybe also explain why exactly I missed your first post, because I don't think I did. Well you say I did, but you didn't explain me why.

lagster mapper08/05/2010 01:03

I have pretty much got what I wanted, all I wanted was a decent response and not to be left in the dark, just for once. The consistency on the admin team still leaves me wondering, chrizZo mentioned that the idea doesn’t need to be dead but faker says due to past negative experiences, it probably isn’t best for XJ which I can completely respect. I don’t appreciate however, the fact that your getting angry or upset with me chrizZo, I have actually done NOTHING wrong, nothing at all, if anything I did what I thought was right and I am not having a go at you nor should this be taken personally, if anyone should be taking it personally it’s me, I mean any contact I have with any other admin apart from ndR is pretty much ignored which I have come to realise is just how this community is run and that’s fine but I do urge any other player looking to improve what is pretty much a dying, if not dead game to rethink how much effort they really put in.

Again you seem to be asking for what I have done or my plans for the project when in actual fact it is irrelevant. I said it before but you keep asking, I completely outsourced the technical side of what I was doing, paying designers and coders in Australia with money out of my own pocket (my fault I don’t blame anyone for me making the dumb decision to try and help) so I really don’t think I should be put on the stand just so you guys can feel better about yourselves. All I tried to do was gauge whether or not XJ was interested and as faker even admitted, he was sorry and he didn’t get back to me, so why am I being fought? I didn’t do anything wrong, and as I said I appreciate fakers apology and chrizZo I appreciate yours but I think you missed what I was trying to get at. The thread you guys are referring too with minimal information in the admin section really can’t be blamed on me, if I had known that there wasn’t enough concrete evidence or you wanted to see the work I had done I would of GLADLY sent and shown you, your acting like I was bluffing with some silly idea I had thought up at the breakfast table when I was never actually asked what ideas I had? I first wanted to see if XJ would in fact be interested in such an idea before I laid out everything I had done and I don’t think this is my fault at all, but it seems to be the only argument you guys can come up with. And this thread wasn’t even started to start an argument, I just wanted an answer.

So thank you for giving me what I wanted, I can finally put the stupid amount of work and planning to bed and get over it, good luck with your league and future tournaments you run.

Cheers.

chrizZo08/05/2010 01:57

First you contacted us three months again about the revival of MNM. Fakers admin forum post was the consequence. You talked about nothing concrete in there. We were waiting. You messaged me on steam friends, asking for nothing concrete again. We were waiting.

Nothing happened. You open this forum thread.

That is like I experienced it. Obviously we have a communication problem. What you do is, you blame XJ for that. But I tell you, when you want to get MNM started, you are the one who has to contact us.

At the time you came with MNM, we talked about the mapcheck system, about the fact that oddyseuss stops paying the website server, about our enduring problems with demo admins, about the donation system, about recruiting new cup admins (community always moans) and about the harsh forums these days and who could be new forum admins.

Maybe you can somehow understand why faker did not contact you again. His focus was not lying on MNM...
The question is why didn't you contact us again?

What is the goal of this thread lagster? To get a proper response? Why didn't you name it like that then. Why did you talk about being disappointed?
Without a doubt people like faker they changed something in the kz world. All you did until here is that you told us you want to make it better and you theoretically have a concept how leagues bla. with MNM could work. What is this thread all about?

You once again want to show how bad all the admins are at XJ, like we don't care about anything and we even want to make this community worse? I tell you something, why don't you just join the staff and change everything. If admins don't let you join, try to do it differently, like I did it when I was writing weeklys at insilio. But you did nothing in my eyes. Just words.

I have pretty much got what I wanted, all I wanted was a decent response and not to be left in the dark, just for once.

lagster

Ok lagster, now you got a proper response, by me, omilo, faker, juleeh etc...
Our response is work something out, we will support you. If you need specific help in any way, write a pm to faker or any other admin and we will discuss it in our admin forum. You got your theoretically YES.
Now you can go on, we are waiting for you. I am excited what you can create.

PS: If you really come up now and say that you don't want to work out anything anymore, because you are disappointed or w/e, then this answer is a symbol for the whole discusison in my eyes.

lagster mapper08/05/2010 04:50

Man I don't know why you are still trying to fight me. It's like oh now that I've made it public, yeah we will listen. I did my best to contact admins, I PM'd you and I PM'd ndR both serveral times to find out if there was an actual thread which you later told me 'XJ waits for MNM', I tried adding faker to steam 4 times, I tried PMing him 3 times on IRC (stayed up till 5am Australian time just to get a response, which I didn't several nights in a row) how many attempts am I meant to be making? Declined from a STEAM add several times, ignored on IRC several times, I'm not complaining, but you asked at some point I felt as though I should take the hint.

I told you I have achieved what I wanted, which was an explanation but you still seem to think I'm fighting for the idea, I'm not, I'm done, I have had enough, I don't expect you to realize how hard it was for me to put what I had together, I mean even finding a team that would go to companies on my behalf and ask for stuff wasn't hard, I got rejected left right and center and just kept trying and trying and trying, the night I told you a YEAR ago about how it came about I explained how difficult it was for any team to take KZ seriously. Your acting as though I did nothing at all, and that the admins time is more precious than mine.

Please, stop fighting me on this, I don't know what else you want me to say? I didn't get a response so I came to a public medium to try and get one which I did, faker already apologized for not getting back to me AND outlined why he didn't like the idea so whats with the banter?

kREWAN08/05/2010 12:49

Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a
]
Man I don't know why you are still trying to fight me. It's like oh now that I've made it public, yeah we will listen. I did my best to contact admins, I PM'd you and I PM'd ndR both serveral times to find out if there was an actual thread which you later told me 'XJ waits for MNM', I tried adding faker to steam 4 times, I tried PMing him 3 times on IRC (stayed up till 5am Australian time just to get a response, which I didn't several nights in a row) how many attempts am I meant to be making? Declined from a STEAM add several times, ignored on IRC several times, I'm not complaining, but you asked at some point I felt as though I should take the hint.

I told you I have achieved what I wanted, which was an explanation but you still seem to think I'm fighting for the idea, I'm not, I'm done, I have had enough, I don't expect you to realize how hard it was for me to put what I had together, I mean even finding a team that would go to companies on my behalf and ask for stuff wasn't hard, I got rejected left right and center and just kept trying and trying and trying, the night I told you a YEAR ago about how it came about I explained how difficult it was for any team to take KZ seriously. Your acting as though I did nothing at all, and that the admins time is more precious than mine.

Please, stop fighting me on this, I don't know what else you want me to say? I didn't get a response so I came to a public medium to try and get one which I did, faker already apologized for not getting back to me AND outlined why he didn't like the idea so whats with the banter?

To be honest that's your problem and not his but I understand what you meen. No offence (:

lagster mapper08/05/2010 15:27

I don't know who your are nor do you have any idea what this is really about judging from your previous post. Also I have said about three times that I realised what i did was my own fault but that comment that you've made bold was relevant to my entire post so stop +1ing and actually think before you post.

This issue has also been sorted out via PM with chrizZo so stay out of it, in no way are you helping.

zhady Tournament #208/05/2010 17:19

lol lagster why are u bringing up my name? :D Am I arrogant because I have a wr or what?

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.