Last Movie you have seen

Started by nucLeaR
29/05/2010 21:58
Page 43 of 69
FLP14/07/2011 18:40

just saw Pulp Fiction again
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110912/
10/10 that's one badass movie,it's a shame that Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson aged
p.s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMV_r4LjQIo :D

Dragon14/07/2011 22:21(edited 14/07/2011 22:26)

Okay so I made a selection of some good movies I've seen in the last few months. I don't like horrors, comedys, and anything starring one of the 2 worst actors that this planet has ever gave birth to - adam sandler and ben stiller.

Cache - well yeah it's a French movie. But if you can get over that language I can only advise you to see it. chilling.

The Orphanage - suitable for everyone who likes creepy movies and is not a fan of monsters (like me).

Triangle - another mysterious flick that makes you think and keeps you tense till the end.

Spun - a movie about meth addiction from a perspective of one addict. fast, funny, real, containing interesting shots.

Sucker Punch - I know I know. the idea is primitive, it looks silly at the first sight, BUT damn it, you have a bunch of hot chicks fighting their way out of asylum in various worlds inside their minds with great CGI and explosions taking place all around the place. top it off with great music - what else you want??

Misery - this movie is a proof that no monsters, blood, or ghosts are required to make you feel disturbed and tense. one religious obsessed fan is enough. the worst part is that it really COULD happen. a great adaptation of Stephen King's novel.

Thirteen - a story about a 13 years old girl, about her confusion, bad decisions and people who led her astray.

The Union : The Business Behind Getting High - a definite must-see for any pothead (like me) and even more recommended for ignorant people who put weed and heroin on the same level. time for education !

American Psycho - in this film, Christian Bale is gonna make you believe that investment bankers are not the most boring people in the world. let's just say he gets pissed off very easily.

9 - a dark animated movie for adults, lacking all pseudojokes you would expect from a movie like this. somehow it really touched me and left me thinking.

Black Swan - I'm sure most of you guys saw or heard about this one. to sum it up in one sentence I'd say Natalie Portman really deserved that oscar.

Trust - tells the story of a girl who is abused through t3h interwebz by some psycho and the consequences of her noobish deeds.

The Woodsman - a controversial movie about a pedophile released from prison desperately seeking acceptance, struggling with his deviaton, and trying to get back into society.

Coraline - probably my favourite animated movie, again not infantile, but sinister and sometimes even creepy. one of few movies I watched repeatedly.

Changeling - I watched this one after a long persuasion from my girlfriend and it was quite a pleasant surprise for me. don't be fooled by the beginning, the fun starts at the point you think it's over.

Moon - this one is on the edge between classic and art film, as there's only one character on the screen - an astronaut on a space station where he shares his solitude only with a robot. despite this, I can guarantee that you won't be bored.

Pan's Labyrinth - another great fantasy movie, where two worlds - cruel reality of WW2 and an eerie fantasy world discovered by a young girl - entwine and keeps you pinned to the chair till the end. (btw. metascore - 98/100)

RocknRolla - if you're a Guy Ritchie fan - and you liked his movies Snatch or Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels - this one is for you.

I'll update this list later cause I gotta go.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1201607/

So, I saw this yesterday at a midnight premiere. I remember watching the first film ten years ago and I must have seen it around 10 times more before the second came out. Every film has gotten better but I still think Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the best if not the best of the series.

I have yet to read the books, but I got them all so will read them eventually. The last film is really good and ended of the series perfectly. I saw it in 3D but it was nothing spectacular.

9/10

audior15/07/2011 21:43(edited 15/07/2011 21:46)

delete this pls

audior15/07/2011 21:44

Originally posted by finzEr
Originally posted by shnz
The Machinist (2004)


A very spectacular movie at all, with an awesome and fascinating storyline, accompanied by fantastic actors and direction. I truly recommend it to all the fans of good movies and mysteries. You won't be disappointed.

Agreed.
It made me think of some Hitchcock's movies (how the suspense grows) and also some of the existentialism thoughts of Kafka (nightmares/Bale's insomnia).
Everything in the film makes sence at the end. Really dark and oppressive movie plus beautiful photography which fits perfectly with Bale's state of mind.
As shnz said, i strongly recommend it to everyone especially the fans of genre films.


Indeed a great movie, indeed. I just saw it.

FLP15/07/2011 22:00

hey guys has anyone saw 1408? imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450385/
if you did tell me your opinions

Originally posted by FLP
hey guys has anyone saw 1408? imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450385/
if you did tell me your opinions


Saw it a couple times when it came out and I really liked it. I'd recommend you seeing it. :)

FLP15/07/2011 23:51(edited 17/07/2011 11:30)

thx Chrizzy gonna check it :)

Edit
1408 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450385/
6/10 unreasonable...
American psycho http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144084/
3/10 probably the worst movie I saw in a long time

nucLeaR20/07/2011 09:50

Groundhog Day (1993)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/?licb=0.34956053853966296
9/10
It's the first movie on the idea that the days don't advance, you always wake up yesterday.

omilo20/07/2011 13:45

Saw a weird Australian movie a couple of days ago about some crazy chick that kills her old friend, based on a true story. Pretty raw and interesting http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995851/.

Going to watch Harry Potter pt2 in a hour!!

finzer20/07/2011 16:41

Triangle (2009)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187064/
sick twisted story-line
8/10

Ackn_22/07/2011 13:04(edited 22/07/2011 14:47)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2
I have read all books and watch all movies!
10/10

Puppey22/07/2011 13:24

Ironclad (2011)
Big sack o' shit.
rate: 3/10

nucLeaR22/07/2011 15:53

Originally posted by Ackn_
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2
I have read all books and watch all movies!
10/10


Somebody told me there's a lame part:
-Harry: Where is the object
-Soembody: Where are all the other hidden objects
-Harry: Ok

and ofc nobody knows what he's talking about.

evuly23/07/2011 14:14

Saw the new Harry Potter yesterday, I'm not really a big fan but I liked it. The ending was hilarious though, everyone laughed at their looks. I mean.. Hermione didn't change abit..

nucLeaR23/07/2011 17:01

Saw Harry Potter myself.
I'll give it a 8/10, just becuase it's the end of a great movie that was part of my cinefil childhood. I tried to read the books but I got stuck at the 4th for a while. I might continue and try to read them all... whenever I'll have time and desire :)

Bu7ler23/07/2011 21:56

Saw Sleepers yesterday. Great movie with great actors.

FLP23/07/2011 23:49

Point blank http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1545759/ 8/10
Leon: The Professional http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/ 7/10
La Haine http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113247/ 6.5/10

nucLeaR01/08/2011 15:42(edited 01/08/2011 15:43)

Super 8 (2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650062/
9/10

Some kids trying to make a movie for a competition named Super 8 find themselves on the railway exactly when a train makes an accident with a car. The driver survives and tells them to run (him being their teacher). They find later that inside was an alien whose ship crashed ~$0 years ago. The army evacuates the city, but the kids come back and release the people kidnapped by the alien from his nest. The alien leaves the Earth with his ship built by some strange cubes that fell from the train and some microwaves (rofl :D)
I gave +1 points just for the outro comedy where it shows the movie they've filmed :)

evuly02/08/2011 15:16(edited 02/08/2011 15:17)

X-Men: First Class http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270798/

I'm highly disappointed. I can't, to be honest, find one part that I think was cool or great done. Their powers were lame and Hank looked so hilarious. The only cool thing was Alex Summers' (Havok) powers. Man.. I'm so disappointed. :(

3/10

Page 43 of 69

Please log in to post replies.