Last Movie you have seen
RUNDSKOP (BULLHEAD) (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821593/
IMDb plot : A young cattle farmer is approached by a veterinarian to make a deal with a notorious beef trader.
Very dark belgium movie, a sort of funeral march more then a gangster film.It features impressive cinematography and great camera work.Also stunning performance of the main character who is very hard to "read", very complex.
Here's the trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnPqAHd1_4
8/10
- Hm , not sure , i think that was A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas
From IMDb : Six years have elapsed since Guantanemo Bay, leaving Harold and Kumar estranged from one another with very different families, friends and lives. But when Kumar arrives on Harold's doorstep during the holiday season with a mysterious package in hand, he inadvertently burns down Harold's father-in-law's beloved Christmas tree. To fix the problem, Harold and Kumar embark on a mission through New York City to find the perfect Christmas tree, once again stumbling into trouble at every single turn.
Rate : 8/10
One very enjoyable movie . I recommend for everyone to watch that movie ! ;)
The Woman in Black (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596365/
I'd give this movie a 8/10. It was the first horror(ish) movie I've watched at cinema. It was quite fun especially because it was listed as "drama" and then everybody started to freak out at some points.
Edit:
The Hunger Games (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/
A movie about a possible post-apocalyptic future where people's hypocrisy has no limits. It presents an annual life to death televised show with 24 teens from 12 to 18 years fighting in 100% monitorized areas. 2 teens try to beat the system, surviving as well as they could, but in the end they fail.
8/10
Wrath of the Titans (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1646987/
6/10
Another 'effects movie' basing on the fact that they spend TONS of money to make a BAD STORY movie. Sorry, I didn't like it. 3D sucks.
John Carter (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401729/
7/10
3D sucks. The story was stupid. Perhaps they could've gone to another planet somewhere in space (...more plausibility)
After cinema night I recommend these movies (horrors):
1. Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
"The vampire comes to England to seduce a visitor's fiancée and inflict havoc in the foreign land."
2. The Blair Witch Project (1999)
"Three film students go missing after traveling into the woods of Maryland to make a documentary about the local Blair Witch legend leaving only their footage behind."
3. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
"A re-imagining of the horror icon Freddy Krueger, a serial-killer who wields a glove with four blades embedded in the fingers and kills people in their dreams, resulting in their real death in reality."
4. Braindead (1992)
"A young man's mother is bitten by a Sumatran rat-monkey. She gets sick and dies, at which time she comes back to life, killing and eating dogs, nurses, friends, and neighbors."
5. Poltergeist (1982)
"A family's home is haunted by a host of ghosts."
There is a little something for everyone!
American reunion (2012)
Funny as fuck! :D
Contraband(2012) Awesome action ! i give him 7/10
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0174856/
The Hurricane (1999)
Story about a boxer who is wrongly convicted for murder. I liked it. 8/10.
BELLFLOWER (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1242599/
IMDb plot : Two friends spend all their free time building flame-throwers and weapons of mass destruction in hopes that a global apocalypse will occur and clear the runway for their imaginary gang "Mother Medusa".
Enjoyable indie movie made my two cinema lovers. It's the kind of film I like to give some credits for even if there are some obvious "mistakes" esp in the narration.
7/10
trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3KX2IPTbjE
THE WOMAN (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714208/
IMDb plot: When a successful country lawyer captures and attempts to "civilize" the last remaining member of a violent clan that has roamed the Northeast coast for decades, he puts the lives of his family in jeopardy.
This film was like a big slap in the face! Violent, without any morals, raw are pretty much the best words to describe it.
7.5/10
trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsUxrMyWXeI
just came back form "Cabin in the Woods". In my opinion nothing special.. they like tried to mix too old movies "Saw" and "Cube" :D But still, it was a pretty good action in the end.. I'll givin' 6/10 :]
Phone Booth (2002)
My Rate: 9.9/10
It's really hard to describe, if you like mysterious, psychological dramas - it's almost a must to see this film. It's about a man trapped in a phone booth. A mysterious person (who's aiming with a sniper-rifle to the man in booth) called to the booth and wants him to tell people the truth about his life (he's cheating his wife, and pretending that he's rich etc.). Later on there are people getting angry on him because he is staying in both for a long time (sniper told him to not hang up/leave booth, or he dies). Sniper kills guy who is trying to get in the booth with aggression. As it is in NY, police is called and police thinks the man in booth killed the person and police wants him to surrender and leave the booth. So, as said in the first sentence - he's trapped in the booth. Won't tell any more details, I will ruin you all the interest watching the film.
I just watched the film 2nd time in my life (first was about 5 years ago, somehow I just remembered about it and felt like I need to watch it again) and it is one of my favourite, so enjoy!
p.s. Sorry for my +/- bad English, wanted to write my own description as there is only one sentence in IMDb.
p.s.s. "Isn't it funny? You hear a phone ring, and it could be anybody...but a ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?"
The Mist (2007)
IMDb ratings: 7.3/10
Genre: Horror / Thriller / Sci-Fiction
A freak storm unleashes a species of blood-thirsty creatures on a small town, where a small band of citizens hole-up in a supermarket and fight for their lives.
I've always been a huge fan of Stephen King's movies, ever since I saw Pet Semetary and Rose Red. Both of the movies are well written and directed, and as always. This movie isn't anything different from Stephans King's classic movies. The movie had it moments, with creepy mist scenes. Only thing which I didn't like was the unstabel crazy woman constantly talking about religion and doomsday. Other than that, I was surprised how well the movie turned out to be. Especially the ending which is breath taking.
If you're a fan of Stephan King's movies, I'd recommend you to watch it.
My rating: 7/10
The Hunger Games (2012)
IMDb ratings: 7.6/10
Genre: Action / Drama / Sci-Fiction
Set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match.
Despite the fact that it reminds me so much of the movie named The Condemned I still liked the movie. The effects were truly amazing, which gave the final touch of the atmosphere it needed.
My rating: 6/10
Thir13en Ghosts (2001)
IMDb ratings: 5.2
Genre: Horror / Mystery / Thriller
When Cyrus Kriticos, a very rich collector of unique things dies, he leaves it all to his nephew and his family. All including his house, his fortune, and his malicious collection of ghosts!
I liked this movie. Others have said it was dull and soft, with no "boo" scares. I have to disagree. The movie is very classical themed with lots of action, and the glass house was truly fantastic. The ghosts are really creepy, especially the woman with the cage on her head. That gave me goosebumps.
My rating: 7/10
Frozen (2010)
IMDb ratings: 6.3
Genre: Drama / Thriller
Three skiers are stranded on a chairlift and forced to make life-or-death choices that prove more perilous than staying put and freezing to death
This movie was really outstanding, and some how not so "unrealistic" as many movies are. It didn't have those typical slap in the face moments, but instead it built it's way to the very end. Really great suspence survival movie which will make you feel really uncomfortable as if you were there among them. You could almost feel the pain.
The atmosphere is really beliveable and the actors did a phenomenal job acting.
I recommend this movie if you want to see something different, yet fantastic. It truly triggered my buttons and made to the list of my all time favorit movies.
My rating: 8/10
Apartment 143 / Emergo (2011)
IMDb ratings: 5.9
Genre: Horror
A team of parapsychologists try to figure out a strange phenomena occurring in an apartment building.
I am really sick of these type of movies with POV cameras, but I was honestly really surprised of this movie. It contained constant scares and the movie went right into the horror, and didn't stop until the end. Plot however wasen't as good as the scares, but if you really want to watch a horror movie to scare you a little bit on a rainy day I'd recommend watching this movie. It also reminded me of poltergeist, insidious and paranormal activity. As if they were all put on one movie.
My rating: 6/10 (Only because of the scares)
The Innkeepers (2011)
IMDb ratings: 5.7/10
Genre: Horror / Thriller
During the final days at the Yankee Pedlar Inn, two employees determined to reveal the hotel's haunted past begin to experience disturbing events as old guests check in for a stay.
This movie was total waste of 101 minutes. It took forever for the movie to start. Literally forever. I was so bored watching this movie that I had time to clean my room. Once the movie was about to end, then finally some creepy stuff started to happen (haunting etc), but before I realized the movie was already over. Ending was total bullcrap, which I felt was rushed. This movie was more drama than horror.
I don't recommend to watch this, unless you really want to see the newest horror movies. Speaking of new horror movies. None what so ever of the newest horror movies are good. They lack the scares, and pay more attention to the gore.
My rating: 3/10
The Avengers (2012) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/
IMDb Rating: 8.9/10 #29 on Top 100
If you haven't you should see Iron man, Iron man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America and Thor before you see it.
The movie was awesome, gonna see it again asap. I've also started to watch all the above movies again :)
My rating: 10/10
Movies:
Snatch. (2000) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0208092/
The peak of Brad Pitt's career, no doubt.
Personal rating: 9/10
Fight Club (1999) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/
Biggest mindfuck of a movie, hence making it into my personal movie hall of fame.
Personal rating: 10/10
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1515091/
Ok detective movie, a bit too ridiculous dialogues at times. Other than that it's ok.
Personal rating: 6/10
The Usual Suspects (1995) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/
Fucking great movie, loved the twist at the end. Proof that Kevin Spacey is one of the greatest.
Personal rating: 9/10
TV Series:
The Walking Dead (2010-) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/
Pretty solid zombie series, even if it gets a tad boring at times. I understand they want to build on the relationship of the different characters, but wasting 10 episodes of a whole season just sitting at a farm is too much. Other than that, pretty cool stuff.
Personal rating: 8/10
Game of Thrones (2011-) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/
Incredibly good series, haven't watched anything this good in a while. Great attention to details, and all the different parallel stories really makes you just crave more and more. The death of some characters really felt unecessarry and the time being, but watching further just makes a lot more sense - it gives you that hatred and anger toward the character responsible, wanthing him/her to die asap.
Personal rating: 10/10
The Avengers (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/
8/10
Effects made this movie get so famous. Of course, a lot of people were hyped because of the big congregation of super heroes at once (I'd call it the "Expandables effect", people see a great promo, hear that great actors/personages are included and don't really care about the story). The story was hurried, it could've been done in more parts if they wanted it to be good. I also gave it a big mark because it was my first IMAX movie I watched and for the 5.5€ ticket, I'd rather say that it was a good movie than look bad to my wallet :D
COSMOPOLIS (2012) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1480656/
IMDb plot : Riding across Manhattan in a stretch limo in order to get a haircut, a 28-year-old billionaire asset manager's day devolves into an odyssey with a cast of characters that start to tear his world apart.
It's basically a criticism of the capitalism. It features an solid cast, especially Robert Pattinson who gave an incredible performance, shedding his Twilight skin for something more substantive and complexe.
When you know a bit its director, David Cronenberg, you feel like all his pieces tended to this movie. The mutation, which is basically the main theme of his movies, doesn't transform human beings in monsters anymore, but the mutation affects directly the univers. The main character Eric Packer, played by Pattinson, is a sort of mutant virus which infects the economic system, a virus created by the system which gonna kill the system.
8.5/10
trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrwp8gxyZb4
Intouchables 9.5/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/
despite my slight aversion to french language, I enjoyed this movie thoroughly. the frenchies managed to produce a movie about an (aristocratic) quadruplegic man and his caretaker (taken from the street) without any super-touching oversensitive emotion-dripping scenes. instead, it's a wonderful comedy that delivers one joke after another in an intelligent, non-obtrusive way. the relationship between the two main characters develops naturally and you become a part of it, without even noticing. this movie surpassed my expectations by miles and I can recommend it to anyone . in fact I don't even know why I gave it 9.5 instead of 10 but w/e. see this.
Dark Shadows (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/
Average dark comedy movie. Pretty morbid at some points. Perhaps the funniest moment was the one with the MC Donalds sign at the beginning. If you have time, I recommend it.
7/10
The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443680/
The title pretty much spoils what happens in the movie.
7/10.
Watched too many movies lately and it will take too long to list each, so I will just post some of them. The ones you shoud definitely watch.
The Avengers (2012)
9.5/10
Even though I am not a keen fan of 3D fantastics, this one is definitely worth watching at least because of Robert Dawny's epic perfomance and a breathtaking direction with a nice humour.
The Boat That Rocked (2009)
10/10
A fucking amazing atmosphere. If you like classic rock(n'roll) music and looking for a nice comedy without convoluted plot then... I got a new favourite movie here.
Please log in to post replies.